The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 August 2019, 03:43 AM   #1
Vice
"TRF" Member

How long will an ordered Datejust gold and stainless take to come in ?

I’m sure it’s repetitive at this point but my AD did not have the Datejust 41 yellow gold and stainless I wanted. They had a few but not the champagne dial I wanted. Neither did two other ADs locally. I ordered it and they told me they can’t give me a delivery date but it may be two weeks or it could be two months. Has anyone had any issues with ordering gold and stainless from Rolex? I completely understand the shortage of stainless steel Rolex’s and was even told from the ADs that they wouldn’t be able to “order” a stainless watch. They could however order the gold and stainless so I went ahead and did it.... now I am impatiently waiting for this damn thing to come in and it’s been two weeks. Already driving me nuts
Vice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 05:23 AM   #2
Boba Fett
"TRF" Member

Watch: Star Wars
Tell this to someone on a Daytona waitlist to drive them nuts. Two weeks is nothing, ask to be on a Daytona, GMT or sub SS wait list and see how that compares. Great choice btw.
Boba Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 05:46 AM   #3
Vice
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba Fett View Post
Tell this to someone on a Daytona waitlist to drive them nuts. Two weeks is nothing, ask to be on a Daytona, GMT or sub SS wait list and see how that compares. Great choice btw.
Lol I feel a tiny bit better and wonder... are those who are waiting for Daytona’s, GMT and Subs asking for all stainless steel? I’m hoping the fact that I ordered gold and stainless it’ll be the minimum wait time. Also, I’m bothered even more because my loyalty is an Achilles heel. Another AD had the watch I wanted but I really wanted to give the business to my normal AD. I’ve purchased everything my wife and I own off of them. Felt like it was the right thing to do... now not so much haha.
Old 25 August 2019, 06:02 AM   #4
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

will be around 2-4 weeks if rolex usa has it, could be 2-3 months if it has to come from overseas. you'll probably have it in a few weeks
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 10:17 AM   #5
pkincy
"TRF" Member

And the fact that they have no real idea simply tells me Rolex and its marketing partners, the ADs, don't have a clue what they are doing from a corporate point of view. How hard is it to install an inventory system? Frankly these guys are operating by the seat of their pants in a way that folks operated in the 1950's. And I don't buy this Rolex "mystique" thing. This is corporate malfeasance.

Sorry for the rant and good luck on getting your watch soonest.
pkincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 12:22 PM   #6
logo
"TRF" Member

Excellent choice. It’s a classic configuration so not surprising there’s occasionally a bit of a wait on this (though obviously not the same as the SS sport watch craziness). I was also after a TT DJ41 champagne dial/jubilee bracelet early this year. ADs in my area didn’t have it and eventually I got it from an out of town AD.

The watch does not disappoint.
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 12:27 PM   #7
Fomenko
"TRF" Member

I’ve ordered one for my wife. The told me it would take two to four weeks, and it was just two weeks until it arrived at the AD.
Fomenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 01:24 AM   #8
Vice
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomenko View Post
I’ve ordered one for my wife. The told me it would take two to four weeks, and it was just two weeks until it arrived at the AD.
Yep I am hoping it falls into that time frame. Need it before I go to Bermuda
Old 25 August 2019, 12:29 PM   #9
Rado63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
I would look at a reseller for one with warranty card dated 2019 and enjoy the discount, since it's unlikely you will get a discount from the AD on a DJ 41 at this time. Enjoy the discounts until the inventory of DJ goes down and then all the resellers will raise the price to above retail. price increases coming soon.
Old 26 August 2019, 01:31 AM   #10
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
22 days.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 02:24 AM   #11
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
How long? Nobody knows at this point. ADs have no idea when or what they can get. Hard to run a business like that, I would think. I cannot think of another business which is run this way.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 03:30 AM   #12
datejustrms
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Did you try Long's in Burlington? I was there on Friday and thought I saw one (Fluted/Jubilee).
datejustrms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 09:10 AM   #13
Vice
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by datejustrms View Post
Did you try Long's in Burlington? I was there on Friday and thought I saw one (Fluted/Jubilee).
I know but friendly with my AD. I saw a couple locally but loyal to my jeweler. That might change if he doesn’t get in quickly... I’m hoping since I’ve seen two others locally that the dial I want won’t be too hard or take too long to come in from an order. Wishful thinking?