The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Reviews

Old 9 March 2018, 10:32 AM   #121
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco76 View Post
Great watch, compliments!
I’m going to buy a blu dial 76412... what about the Tudor bracialet vs the Rolex one?
For a 36mm watch, I actually prefer the Tudor Prince bracelet to the Rolex Oyster for looks. The five-across link design is better proportioned, IMO. It's a very comfortable bracelet, too, with more links than an Oyster, and is really almost half-oyster, half-jubilee.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DJ, DD, Exp.JPG (270.8 KB, 686 views)
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2018, 05:11 PM   #122
douglasf13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
For a 36mm watch, I actually prefer the Tudor Prince bracelet to the Rolex Oyster for looks. The five-across link design is better proportioned, IMO. It's a very comfortable bracelet, too, with more links than an Oyster, and is really almost half-oyster, half-jubilee.
In the looks department, I might agree vs. the Jubilee, but I still prefer an Oyster to just about any watch bracelet ever made...which is why I spent 70% of the price of the watch an an NOS Tudor Oyster bracelet to go with it.
douglasf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2018, 10:05 PM   #123
RouletteWheel
"TRF" Member

Just pulled the trigger on one! Currently sporting a BB36 (picked it over a 36mm Exp I) and after looking at countless Datejusts I came across this and couldn't resist.... drilled lugs, ss, day/date, brand new! I think this will be my new daily driver, SO pumped!!!
RouletteWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2018, 10:59 PM   #124
opawlows
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Tudor/Breit
Quote:
Originally Posted by RouletteWheel View Post
Just pulled the trigger on one! Currently sporting a BB36 (picked it over a 36mm Exp I) and after looking at countless Datejusts I came across this and couldn't resist.... drilled lugs, ss, day/date, brand new! I think this will be my new daily driver, SO pumped!!!
Congrats! What dial did you go with? My black faced 76200 has easily become my most worn watch.
opawlows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2018, 11:09 PM   #125
RouletteWheel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by opawlows View Post
Congrats! What dial did you go with? My black faced 76200 has easily become my most worn watch.
Thanks!
Very cool! I love that you can still buy a brushed/polished slender oyster case with drilled lugs.... even if it was difficult to locate.

I went with the black stick dial. I liked the arabic one too but ultimately I think this was the right decision for me. Cannot wait for it to arrive! and maybe now I’ll actually know what day it is! I love my BB and wouldn’t change the design, but not having a date after being used to it for so many years is a bit frustrating.

Would love to see more pics of these on leather (preferably brown) straps.
Old 16 March 2018, 05:00 AM   #126
StingEKnee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer I 214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by RouletteWheel View Post
Same here...Got an incoming 76200. Blue face. BTW where did you source yours from? Got mine from a fellow WUS member. BNIB. This is a great looking watch. Wear yours in good health.
StingEKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2018, 05:08 AM   #127
StingEKnee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for your review! Went out and picked up the near mint version below. I'm finding it hard to wear any other watch for the last month as the 76200 is so comfortable!
Very nice...I have an incoming 76200 Blue sticks. So excited..can't wait. Wear it in good health.
Old 16 March 2018, 06:10 AM   #128
opawlows
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingEKnee View Post
Very nice...I have an incoming 76200 Blue sticks. So excited..can't wait. Wear it in good health.
Congrats on the new acquisition! Can't wait to see some pics in natural light of the blue faced version!
Old 16 March 2018, 10:32 AM   #129
StingEKnee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
In theory, most of what you see in post #43 except the California and pink romans. In practice, stock seems to be thinning out, so you might have to grab what you can find. I'm on the lookout for a blue sticks. Found a black sticks last week.
Since I read your awesome review on this watch, I've been trying to find one. I wanted the Cali dial but found this BNIB blue stick instead. This one is incoming and will post pictures when it gets here. BTW great review Sir.
Old 16 March 2018, 10:39 AM   #130
Old Expat Beast

Quote:
Since I read your awesome review on this watch, I've been trying to find one. I wanted the Cali dial but found this BNIB blue stick instead. This one is incoming and will post pictures when it gets here. BTW great review Sir.
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. It's good to see so many getting interested in this model. I look forward to seeing your blue here soon
Old 16 March 2018, 11:14 AM   #131
douglasf13
"TRF" Member

Awesome! I think Adam will end up being responsible for drying up the Earth's entire supply of the Date+Day at this point!
douglasf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2018, 07:42 PM   #132
RouletteWheel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Same here...Got an incoming 76200. Blue face. BTW where did you source yours from? Got mine from a fellow WUS member. BNIB. This is a great looking watch. Wear yours in good health.
Likewise! Coming new from HK.... been anxiously watching the tracking all weekend as I’ve been laid up sick.... but international doesn’t always update as quickly. I have received things lightning quick from there before though and the time difference worked in my favor when I ordered it. Of course I’ve been going back and forth about the dial I picked, but I always circle back to favoring it the most.

Can’t wait! such a “perfect” piece!

Please share pics everyone, I know I will!
Old 20 March 2018, 04:08 AM   #133
daveo5
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M COSC
Just ordered a new 76200 from third party internet dealer USA. Has a black dial, papers. More importantly I noticed the red plastic in two locations on the bracelet and the little serial on the case. Tells me hasn't been worn. Now I wait.
daveo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2018, 04:25 AM   #134
opawlows
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveo5 View Post
Just ordered a new 76200 from third party internet dealer USA. Has a black dial, papers. More importantly I noticed the red plastic in two locations on the bracelet and the little serial on the case. Tells me hasn't been worn. Now I wait.
Congrats! Which black dial configuration did you end up going with?
Old 23 March 2018, 07:57 AM   #135
daveo5
"TRF" Member

New 76200, dial

black dial configuration is stick for minutes, nothing exotic. The day wheel is in English.
Old 23 March 2018, 10:27 AM   #136
dowling1680
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680 Rolex
terrific. thnx
dowling1680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 11:05 AM   #137
paul cbc
"TRF" Member

As others have mentioned great thanks to member Adam for bringing this to our attention, along with his detailed review and follow ups. This was extremely helpful and a revelation to me that the watch was still available.

I'd also like to thank member "Jacobkg" for sharing his guidance in regards this reference.

This reference ticked a lot of boxes for me. Old style slim case with lug holes, classic styling, day + date complications.
I also like the fact that the bracelet is unique. As others have noted the bracelet is extremely comfortable.

My Tudor Trio - 9050/0, 76200, & 72000
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3759 2.jpg (289.8 KB, 608 views)
paul cbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 11:39 AM   #138
Old Expat Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul cbc View Post
As others have mentioned great thanks to member Adam for bringing this to our attention, along with his detailed review and follow ups. This was extremely helpful and a revelation to me that the watch was still available.

I'd also like to thank member "Jacobkg" for sharing his guidance in regards this reference.

This reference ticked a lot of boxes for me. Old style slim case with lug holes, classic styling, day + date complications.
I also like the fact that the bracelet is unique. As others have noted the bracelet is extremely comfortable.

Great collection
Old 23 March 2018, 11:51 AM   #139
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Beautiful watch!!!!
Old 23 March 2018, 09:25 PM   #140
opawlows
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul cbc View Post

Stunning trio! Big fan of the mosaic silver dial myself.
Old 24 March 2018, 04:53 AM   #141
paul cbc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Great collection
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
Beautiful watch!!!!

Quote:
Stunning trio! Big fan of the mosaic silver dial myself.
Thanks for your helpful posts and pics in the thread.
paul cbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2018, 04:55 PM   #142
cdbeaver66
"TRF" Member

Excellent addition to your collection. I’ll have to add one myself soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1. Breitling Colt Chronograph 2. Melbourne Watch Company Portsea 3. Tudor Black Bay ETA Blue 4.Rolex GMT Master IIc LN 5. Tudor Heritage Ranger 6. Tudor Pelagos LHD 7. Tudor Black Bay Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition 8. Tudor Black Bay GMT 9. Tudor Black Bay Harrods

Instagram: mykicksandticks
cdbeaver66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2018, 09:31 AM   #143
JayB
"TRF" Member

Watch: EXP, DJ, NF
Some times I wish I never signed up to this forum, read through this thread yesterday and have spent all my spare time over the last 24 hours looking for a Tudor DD.

It's a beautiful piece that I'd love to own at some point.

Rolex Explorer -- Rolex Datejust -- Tudor North Flag -- Omega De Ville Trésor -- Tudor Black Bay GMT -- Omega Speedmaster Professional -- Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2018, 10:07 AM   #144
Jacobkg
"TRF" Member

My source overseas appears to have gotten their stock refilled and now have most 76200 and 76214 in stock. PM me if interested

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Jacobkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2018, 11:24 PM   #145
JayB
"TRF" Member

Watch: EXP, DJ, NF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobkg View Post
My source overseas appears to have gotten their stock refilled and now have most 76200 and 76214 in stock. PM me if interested
Thanks Jacob, I appreciate what I will assume to be a generous offer of help from a fellow forum user but will have to graciously decline on this occasion

Unfortunately too many people, especially those who post in the "want to buy section" of this site become a target for the more unscrupulous members of society. I'm not in anyway suggesting that's you, but it's a risk I'm not willing to take.

Just seen a cracking example on eBay, shame I'm not comfortable purchasing this way, even with the so called buyer protection PayPal offer which I've unfortunately found out in the past actually means very little.

Rolex Explorer -- Rolex Datejust -- Tudor North Flag -- Omega De Ville Trésor -- Tudor Black Bay GMT -- Omega Speedmaster Professional -- Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2018, 04:23 AM   #146
daveo5
"TRF" Member

The perils of buying on line, sometimes, not always,

I follow the old adage, buy the seller nor the merchandise.
Old 27 March 2018, 06:34 AM   #147
cdbeaver66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
Thanks Jacob, I appreciate what I will assume to be a generous offer of help from a fellow forum user but will have to graciously decline on this occasion

Unfortunately too many people, especially those who post in the "want to buy section" of this site become a target for the more unscrupulous members of society. I'm not in anyway suggesting that's you, but it's a risk I'm not willing to take.

Just seen a cracking example on eBay, shame I'm not comfortable purchasing this way, even with the so called buyer protection PayPal offer which I've unfortunately found out in the past actually means very little.

I have contacted Jacob before regarding his purchase experience from an AD in Japan, I have contacted the AD and done some research and all looks legit. Haven’t brought anything yet but possibly will by the end of this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1. Breitling Colt Chronograph 2. Melbourne Watch Company Portsea 3. Tudor Black Bay ETA Blue 4.Rolex GMT Master IIc LN 5. Tudor Heritage Ranger 6. Tudor Pelagos LHD 7. Tudor Black Bay Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition 8. Tudor Black Bay GMT 9. Tudor Black Bay Harrods

Instagram: mykicksandticks
cdbeaver66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2018, 12:13 PM   #148
Tbonewalk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This thread could use a few more pics:

My two 76200s
that is nice. I wanted one like ex pat's but lost out on it. I see a few like yours available... SO tempted!
Tbonewalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2018, 12:17 PM   #149
Tbonewalk
"TRF" Member

Enlightening!

I ended up on this thread after coming across one of these on ebay. I just pulled the trigger on this one, an '80s, I will keep you posted on it. I wanted one of the new ones, and wow... they are HOT and disappeared fast. But this popped up at about the same price, so... went for it...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (91.9 KB, 529 views)
Tbonewalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2018, 01:41 PM   #150
Old Expat Beast

The older Oyster DDs are great. Congratulations.