The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX


Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 January 2019, 05:06 PM   #61
daytonagmt
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 26
Heard that the price in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan will increase from 1 Feb. How about in Europe or the States?
daytonagmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2019, 03:10 PM   #62
tonyflower0525
2019 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Ann Arbor
Posts: 17
Good info, thanks!
tonyflower0525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2019, 01:52 AM   #63
sparty
2019 Pledge Member
 
sparty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Chicago
Watch: Sub 114060, DJ36
Posts: 41
This is great information. Will be in Thailand in a few weeks and this info will really help me compare.
sparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2019, 02:57 AM   #64
stanc1
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 144
Thanks a lot.
stanc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2019, 11:39 PM   #65
majorleon
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 124
Thanks for the info.
majorleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2019, 11:51 PM   #66
capital
"TRF" Member
 
capital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Europe
Posts: 129
Thanks for the info, it was useful to me.
capital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2019, 11:21 PM   #67
JC_Shopper
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: London
Posts: 16
Thank you for the information


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JC_Shopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2019, 05:12 AM   #68
ckng2000
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 4
Very informative chart. Thank you. I am trying to find a chart that show rolex sport model price appreciation over the years. Anyone can advice where i can find it? Btw i heard hk and china just increase the price on the 1st feb. About 3%


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ckng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2019, 09:33 AM   #69
Boothroyd
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
Boothroyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Real Name: Daniel
Location: US
Watch: Wilsdorf
Posts: 8,343
I always appreciate the information Alpino shares and look forward to his posts. A general thank you for the great knowledge he has communicated over my time here on TRF.
__________________
Explorer 214270 MK I/DJII Black 116300/Tudor Black Bay Black 79220N
Boothroyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2019, 02:23 AM   #70
makrxx
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: World
Posts: 67
Very useful, thanks.

Without having to convert everything...which are the cheapest countries to buy a Rolex? UK seems to be one of them.
makrxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2019, 07:12 AM   #71
seaop1
2019 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Real Name: James F Walker
Location: Seattle
Posts: 26
Great information.
Thanks!
seaop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2019, 10:39 PM   #72
hadi125
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: united kingdom
Posts: 9
Anyone have a price list for Pakistan? Cant find it anywhere
hadi125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2019, 11:53 PM   #73
Luciano Oliveira
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: 1P/Halley
Posts: 115
Unfortunately another price increase in Brazil. In the last two years it has been about 6 increases. It's so annoying.
Luciano Oliveira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2019, 03:18 AM   #74
sidneyrendon
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 2
Hope you guys can help me out.
Rolex DJ 126334 in Italy is 8800eu (22% VAT Included).
Rolex DJ 126334 in the US $9,350 (7% tax not included)

I did the math and buying it in Italy (going this year) is around $30usd less.

My question goes to the VAT REFUND, that would make a big difference between buying it in Italy vs the US.
do you know how the VAT Refund works?
sidneyrendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2019, 09:14 AM   #75
007timer
2019 Pledge Member
 
007timer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Real Name: M-
Location: Orange County, CA
Watch: 116710BLNR
Posts: 849
SidneyRendon Unless I am misunderstanding your question $30 is not worth it.

Last edited by 007timer; 21 February 2019 at 09:15 AM.. Reason: Typo
007timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2019, 11:19 AM   #76
Montes
2019 Pledge Member
 
Montes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Real Name: Alonzo Montes
Location: Anaheim, CA
Watch: 16520
Posts: 37
This is good info! thank you.
Montes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2019, 01:38 PM   #77
TDKEV
2019 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: NYC
Posts: 20
Where is the price for China? the biggest market for Rolex.
TDKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2019, 04:17 PM   #78
aphil
2019 Pledge Member
 
aphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: United States
Watch: 116610LN
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyrendon View Post
Hope you guys can help me out.
Rolex DJ 126334 in Italy is 8800eu (22% VAT Included).
Rolex DJ 126334 in the US $9,350 (7% tax not included)

I did the math and buying it in Italy (going this year) is around $30usd less.

My question goes to the VAT REFUND, that would make a big difference between buying it in Italy vs the US.
do you know how the VAT Refund works?
With tax refund in italy, you'll probably end up getting back around 15% (I was last there a couple of years ago, but i highly doubt that to have changed). There are multiple ways of doing it but basically the general idea is that you have to export the goods from the EU within 90 days of purchase date. Then they send you the money back. There is another way of doing it which is you getting the money right away, but you would still have to stamp a form from customs at the airport upon leaving the EU. I have personally not tried the latter but I am almost certain it can be done and a lot of people on the forums did it without issues.

Italy - in my opinion - is one of the best countries to buy a rolex in. Their tax refund is great and they offer very aggressive discounts in general.

That fluted bezel on the 126334 is jaw-dropping in person. Good luck in your hunt!
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2019, 11:15 PM   #79
AntoMeRolexPassion
"TRF" Member
 
AntoMeRolexPassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Real Name: Antonio
Location: Messina - Italy
Posts: 50
Thanks for info
AntoMeRolexPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2019, 11:34 PM   #80
AntoMeRolexPassion
"TRF" Member
 
AntoMeRolexPassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Real Name: Antonio
Location: Messina - Italy
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphil View Post
With tax refund in italy, you'll probably end up getting back around 15% (I was last there a couple of years ago, but i highly doubt that to have changed). There are multiple ways of doing it but basically the general idea is that you have to export the goods from the EU within 90 days of purchase date. Then they send you the money back. There is another way of doing it which is you getting the money right away, but you would still have to stamp a form from customs at the airport upon leaving the EU. I have personally not tried the latter but I am almost certain it can be done and a lot of people on the forums did it without issues.

Italy - in my opinion - is one of the best countries to buy a rolex in. Their tax refund is great and they offer very aggressive discounts in general.

That fluted bezel on the 126334 is jaw-dropping in person. Good luck in your hunt!
I'm italian, can talk you about situation here.
Your reasoning about tax free is correct but... there are no watches! I refer to official shops, on shop window you will find only Datejust, some Millgaus or Explorer... for the rest... waiting list...
I waited an Deepsea 126660 for seven months and about Gmt II 126710BLRO my official dealer told me "six/seven years..."
AntoMeRolexPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2019, 01:08 AM   #81
sidneyrendon
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 2
thanks for the info Aphil.
sidneyrendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2019, 02:32 PM   #82
JoesWatches
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 7
thank you!
JoesWatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2019, 12:36 PM   #83
aphil
2019 Pledge Member
 
aphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: United States
Watch: 116610LN
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoMeRolexPassion View Post
I'm italian, can talk you about situation here.
Your reasoning about tax free is correct but... there are no watches! I refer to official shops, on shop window you will find only Datejust, some Millgaus or Explorer... for the rest... waiting list...
I waited an Deepsea 126660 for seven months and about Gmt II 126710BLRO my official dealer told me "six/seven years..."
Yeah I guess it's the same situation everywhere
Check my other post, I consider myself very lucky as I was able to get a sub with date from an AD in the USA last week without a previous relationship.

In bocca al lupo col BLRO
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2019, 01:44 PM   #84
kaos013
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: canada
Posts: 1
how is it that an avid customer like myself in canada cannot find a steel daytona to buy anywhere from any dealer yet if I go to non authorized dealers in NY they all have stock at double retail price all of it coming from AD retailers who likely are selling all their stock to them above msrp??!!! what a horrible consumer strategy!!
now a ss Daytona is almost the same price as a gold Daytona if you want to buy it today?!
what a scam and horrible for the brand that is allowing this to be done to consumers!!
kaos013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2019, 07:26 PM   #85
Luke@TRF
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: London
Watch: Sub C
Posts: 144
Awesome post, thx for sharing with us.
Luke@TRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2019, 01:13 PM   #86
SlideRacker
2019 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Orange County, CA
Watch: 116500LN Black
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos013 View Post
how is it that an avid customer like myself in canada cannot find a steel daytona to buy anywhere from any dealer yet if I go to non authorized dealers in NY they all have stock at double retail price all of it coming from AD retailers who likely are selling all their stock to them above msrp??!!! what a horrible consumer strategy!!
now a ss Daytona is almost the same price as a gold Daytona if you want to buy it today?!
what a scam and horrible for the brand that is allowing this to be done to consumers!!
This is one of the reasons ADs are getting dumped by Rolex.
SlideRacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2019, 03:17 AM   #87
obruno
"TRF" Member
 
obruno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Brazil
Watch: Sub no date
Posts: 40
where is it guys?
obruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2019, 03:39 AM   #88
miatang
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: uk
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by obruno View Post
where is it guys?
Look at the first post of the thread
miatang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2019, 01:32 PM   #89
Whyhwang
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 21
Thanks for the info
Whyhwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 01:02 AM   #90
calbee673
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Real Name: Charles
Location: Sydney/Hong Kong
Posts: 28
Thanks for this info!
calbee673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (0 members and 6 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Banners Of The Month

Banners Of The Month
*Banners Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright 2004-2019, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.