The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX


Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 September 2019, 08:24 AM   #121
Russell996
2019 GMT CHNR Pledge Member
 
Russell996's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 2,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
Didnít notice it says email at 6oclock till now

Whatís that represent
Grand Feu ĎEnamelí dial
__________________
Instagram @scu16m
Russell996 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 08:26 AM   #122
Fat_ninja
2019 GMT CHNR Pledge Member
 
Fat_ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Real Name: Jonathan
Location: USA
Watch: P-01
Posts: 9,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Grand Feu ‘Enamel’ dial
Amazing. That last picture unposted the black enamel is so deep... also just saw your movement YouTube video... just amazing


If I ever move into that stratosphere...definitley into the split seconds


Thx Russ for sharing
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2019, 12:31 AM   #123
raclaims
"TRF" Member
 
raclaims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,170
Freakin' perfect photo to show the depth of the enamel dial
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2019, 04:36 AM   #124
Russell996
2019 GMT CHNR Pledge Member
 
Russell996's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 2,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by raclaims View Post
Freakin' perfect photo to show the depth of the enamel dial
As you well know the black enamel is bottomless
__________________
Instagram @scu16m
Russell996 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2019, 01:50 AM   #125
Analysing You
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: London
Posts: 443
Iím in love with this piece. Stunning pics Russel


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Analysing You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2019, 09:47 PM   #126
roma1280
"TRF" Member
 
roma1280's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Real Name: Mark
Location: New York / Rome
Watch: 5970g
Posts: 105
Ok stupid question but if you “pose” with the split second hands at 24 and 36 and leave them there is there something that is under tension? Meaning is it better for the watch to leave both back at 12 o’clock or doesn’t it matter?
Also I read somewhere that it was “ok” to leave the chronograph second hand constantly running as in the watch they were referring to that hand was on a “cylindrical column”. Can someone please explain what that means?
roma1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2019, 01:53 AM   #127
zahain
2019 Pledge Member
 
zahain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: _
Posts: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by roma1280 View Post
Ok stupid question but if you “pose” with the split second hands at 24 and 36 and leave them there is there something that is under tension? Meaning is it better for the watch to leave both back at 12 o’clock or doesn’t it matter?
Also I read somewhere that it was “ok” to leave the chronograph second hand constantly running as in the watch they were referring to that hand was on a “cylindrical column”. Can someone please explain what that means?
No you should not leave the chrono running past the 30 min mark & should be stopped and then reset. Vertical column clutch chronographs can be left running (example 5980) but i believe the 5370 should not continuously run as it would potentially have a damaging effect on the movement where it would probably end up needing a service much earlier.

If you split the timing hands (or just stop the chrono hands together that are not at the normal 12 position) and then leave them stopped from my understanding is that the chronograph is disengaged meaning it is no longer running so it shouldn't have a effect or 'tension' on the movement. You want to make sure you combine both hands back before resetting to avoid any issues though as one hand could get stuck and not return to 12 as you havent combined them back.
zahain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2019, 04:51 AM   #128
roma1280
"TRF" Member
 
roma1280's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Real Name: Mark
Location: New York / Rome
Watch: 5970g
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahain View Post
No you should not leave the chrono running past the 30 min mark & should be stopped and then reset. Vertical column clutch chronographs can be left running (example 5980) but i believe the 5370 should not continuously run as it would potentially have a damaging effect on the movement where it would probably end up needing a service much earlier.

If you split the timing hands (or just stop the chrono hands together that are not at the normal 12 position) and then leave them stopped from my understanding is that the chronograph is disengaged meaning it is no longer running so it shouldn't have a effect or 'tension' on the movement. You want to make sure you combine both hands back before resetting to avoid any issues though as one hand could get stuck and not return to 12 as you havent combined them back.
Thank you!
roma1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2019, 04:58 AM   #129
Russell996
2019 GMT CHNR Pledge Member
 
Russell996's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 2,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahain View Post
No you should not leave the chrono running past the 30 min mark & should be stopped and then reset. Vertical column clutch chronographs can be left running (example 5980) but i believe the 5370 should not continuously run as it would potentially have a damaging effect on the movement where it would probably end up needing a service much earlier.

If you split the timing hands (or just stop the chrono hands together that are not at the normal 12 position) and then leave them stopped from my understanding is that the chronograph is disengaged meaning it is no longer running so it shouldn't have a effect or 'tension' on the movement. You want to make sure you combine both hands back before resetting to avoid any issues though as one hand could get stuck and not return to 12 as you havent combined them back.
Just to slightly correct, it wonít damage the movement to keep the chrono running, but it will add to the wear as you suggest.
__________________
Instagram @scu16m
Russell996 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2019, 11:46 AM   #130
roma1280
"TRF" Member
 
roma1280's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Real Name: Mark
Location: New York / Rome
Watch: 5970g
Posts: 105
Thanks for the replies, here doing some drivin ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 21EDA5E6-F49E-4074-97B6-61390A2D359E.jpeg (235.0 KB, 73 views)
roma1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2019, 03:59 PM   #131
Russell996
2019 GMT CHNR Pledge Member
 
Russell996's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 2,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by roma1280 View Post
Thanks for the replies, here doing some drivin ...
Belissimo
__________________
Instagram @scu16m
Russell996 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Banners Of The Month

Banners Of The Month
*Banners Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright ©2004-2019, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.