The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 6 October 2019, 03:42 AM   #61
mistercoach32
"TRF" Member
 
mistercoach32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Wisconsin
Watch: SD43
Posts: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsl55 View Post
Cry baby much?
No, not really at all, DSL. Gave my warranted opinion and then Nick C and yourself resorted to calling me names. Don't like it? Oh well. There are two things I'm passionate about when it comes to watches. I love Rolex and I hate Panerai. If someone doesn't like either, that's ok.
mistercoach32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2019, 03:45 AM   #62
NiJaRo1225
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Real Name: Nick
Location: East Coast/West C
Watch: Rolex/IWC/PAM
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flstfirider View Post
Several years ago I sold my Panerai 233 to fund a Rolex GMT purchase. The 233 is high on my list to repurchase in the future! It was a great daily wear watch.


If youíre gonna rock a PAM GMT, the 8-days 233 Dot Dial is definitely the one; that high dome is a stunner.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NiJaRo1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2019, 03:53 AM   #63
Speeding911
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Real Name: Greg
Location: Seattle
Watch: The next one
Posts: 95
So far, have been lucky to avoid a Panerai disaster on three occasions. Can understand the frustration surrounding a bad timepiece. I love both brands. Alternate a PAM 1537 and a 16710 when Iím looking to wear a GMT.
__________________
"Anything worth doing is worthy of overdoing". - The late Sid Andrews.

SS Daytona White, 16710 Pepsi, TT TOG, PAM 241, PAM 512, PAM 1537, Speedy, Breitling Chrono, PP 2461, Tank Americaine, Hamilton vintage tank.
Speeding911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2019, 05:41 AM   #64
nick c
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
nick c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 26,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercoach32 View Post
No, not really at all, DSL. Gave my warranted opinion and then Nick C and yourself resorted to calling me names. Don't like it? Oh well. There are two things I'm passionate about when it comes to watches. I love Rolex and I hate Panerai. If someone doesn't like either, that's ok.
See passionate is someone that enjoy different watch brands. And not going around and slamming a brand because he bought a piece to try to flip it for a profit. When itís not working out. Wear your only Rolex SD43 and enjoy.
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2019, 06:16 AM   #65
mistercoach32
"TRF" Member
 
mistercoach32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Wisconsin
Watch: SD43
Posts: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick c View Post
See passionate is someone that enjoy different watch brands. And not going around and slamming a brand because he bought a piece to try to flip it for a profit. When it’s not working out. Wear your only Rolex SD43 and enjoy.
First Nick, I wasn't trying to sell my Panerai for profit and I don't know where you got that from. Anyone who knows watches knows that selling a Panerai for any kind of profit or even coming close to breaking even is an almost impossible task. At no point did I even insinuate that was the case. I was trying to sell it or use it in a trade if at all possible because it was such a gigantic piece of garbage. I trusted the new movement in the 1320 was better than the old movement which had such bad reviews. That was my mistake. Unfortunately, 9 out of 10 gray's and trusted sellers backed up my evaluation once I decided to get rid of it which resulted in the largest % bath on a watch that I've ever taken in my life. The first gray's exact words were, "I can't take on anymore Panerai's because their quality has gotten so bad and they don't sell." I don't really understand why you'd get so butt hurt over something like that.

That being said, if you're trying to bag on me with your "wear your only Rolex and enjoy" quote, I will. I appreciate it. It sure sounds like a passive aggressive jab, but I could be wrong. At the time I decided to purge my collection, I wanted to go from twelve down to one because that's what I wanted to do. There are A LOT of guys in this forum that have done the same thing for one reason or another. I won't go into why I did, but I can promise you that financials had absolutely nothing to do with it as I'm guessing that's why you said I was trying to sell it for profit? At that time, I had seven Rolexes, an AP, two Omegas, an IWC, a Breguet, and a Panerai. I am no way bragging but rather showing had had more than one luxury watch and brand; and in no way have I ever displayed my collection along the length of my skinny forearm with open and empty Panerai, Omega, and Rolex boxes strewn around my floor to seemingly show what a big man or slob I am. Now THAT'S passive aggressive. I know my watch count at the time was 13 but I don't count the Panerai because I knew I was getting rid of it after the long 43 days it took up room in my safe. I'm not sure if you're trying to be passive aggressive because maybe you think I have no taste because I hate Panerai, you love them, and I gave my opinion? Is that why you have gotten to name calling and acting like one of the children in my kid's 3rd grade class? Are you trying to insinuate I don't have the money to have more than one? For the record, I do enjoy other watch brands and I have for many years.......just not Panerai.
mistercoach32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2019, 06:51 AM   #66
nick c
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
nick c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 26,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercoach32 View Post
First Nick, I wasn't trying to sell my Panerai for profit and I don't know where you got that from. Anyone who knows watches knows that selling a Panerai for any kind of profit or even coming close to breaking even is an almost impossible task. At no point did I even insinuate that was the case. I was trying to sell it or use it in a trade if at all possible because it was such a gigantic piece of garbage. I trusted the new movement in the 1320 was better than the old movement which had such bad reviews. That was my mistake. Unfortunately, 9 out of 10 gray's and trusted sellers backed up my evaluation once I decided to get rid of it which resulted in the largest % bath on a watch that I've ever taken in my life. The first gray's exact words were, "I can't take on anymore Panerai's because their quality has gotten so bad and they don't sell." I don't really understand why you'd get so butt hurt over something like that.

That being said, if you're trying to bag on me with your "wear your only Rolex and enjoy" quote, I will. I appreciate it. It sure sounds like a passive aggressive jab, but I could be wrong. At the time I decided to purge my collection, I wanted to go from twelve down to one because that's what I wanted to do. There are A LOT of guys in this forum that have done the same thing for one reason or another. I won't go into why I did, but I can promise you that financials had absolutely nothing to do with it as I'm guessing that's why you said I was trying to sell it for profit? At that time, I had seven Rolexes, an AP, two Omegas, an IWC, a Breguet, and a Panerai. I am no way bragging but rather showing had had more than one luxury watch and brand; and in no way have I ever displayed my collection along the length of my skinny forearm with open and empty Panerai, Omega, and Rolex boxes strewn around my floor to seemingly show what a big man or slob I am. Now THAT'S passive aggressive. I know my watch count at the time was 13 but I don't count the Panerai because I knew I was getting rid of it after the long 43 days it took up room in my safe. I'm not sure if you're trying to be passive aggressive because maybe you think I have no taste because I hate Panerai, you love them, and I gave my opinion? Is that why you have gotten to name calling and acting like one of the children in my kid's 3rd grade class? Are you trying to insinuate I don't have the money to have more than one? For the record, I do enjoy other watch brands and I have for many years.......just not Panerai.
OK Mister coach, so now that you had Iwc omega and Breguet and Ap you know that their resale value is crap as well. Cheers
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2019, 07:30 AM   #67
BT1985
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
BT1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Real Name: Blake
Location: USA
Posts: 2,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick c View Post
I own 5 panerai and very happy with them. There are built solid. I think you are just a hater that try to buy one panerai and you ‏bought the wrong reference because you didnít do your homework. Anyways panerai doesnít need hater like you. Have a good day.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Did you remove your shirt for this pic?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BT1985 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2019, 07:32 AM   #68
nick c
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
nick c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 26,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by BT1985 View Post
Did you remove your shirt for this pic?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, I have a T-shirt on
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2019, 07:49 AM   #69
mistercoach32
"TRF" Member
 
mistercoach32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Wisconsin
Watch: SD43
Posts: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick c View Post
OK Mister coach, so now that you had Iwc omega and Breguet and Ap you know that their resale value is crap as well. Cheers
Exactly. What you don't seem to be understanding, and maybe that's my fault for not breaking it down far enough so you're able to understand what I'm saying is my huge issue with Panerai is the quality. The resale is the byproduct of the quality. Never once did I bring up resale value as my end game or the reason I purchased a watch, and I don't know why you keep bringing that up. With all my years of collecting watches, I've ALWAYS known and assumed I would take a hit when/if I wanted to sell or trade one of my watches. Selling a 3-5 year old Omega, IWC, Breguet, or any of the other brands I've owned prior to that point and losing a very small amount/day which equals thousands over a years is expected and something I have ZERO issue with. Losing 80% on a $9k watch in a month and a half on a trade because the quality sucked which many grays and trusted sellers reiterated to me after I purchased it from an AD is another. Hopefully, you'll now understand what I'm trying to say is that losing thousands to depreciation on EVERYTHING is expected. Losing money to quality is not. Had it been an isolated incident, no issue, but after finding out grays and trusted sellers can't sell them because their quality sucks is another.
mistercoach32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2019, 09:13 AM   #70
Rolex Essex
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
Rolex Essex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Colchester, UK
Watch: Daytona, DJ & Sub
Posts: 1,598
What I can’t understand is that Panerai are dive watches but they all come with leather strap
Rolex Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2019, 09:41 AM   #71
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member
 
RJRJRJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex Essex View Post
What I canít understand is that Panerai are dive watches but they all come with leather strap
They usually come with a rubber strap as well.
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2019, 10:17 AM   #72
nick c
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
nick c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 26,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercoach32 View Post
Exactly. What you don't seem to be understanding, and maybe that's my fault for not breaking it down far enough so you're able to understand what I'm saying is my huge issue with Panerai is the quality. The resale is the byproduct of the quality. Never once did I bring up resale value as my end game or the reason I purchased a watch, and I don't know why you keep bringing that up. With all my years of collecting watches, I've ALWAYS known and assumed I would take a hit when/if I wanted to sell or trade one of my watches. Selling a 3-5 year old Omega, IWC, Breguet, or any of the other brands I've owned prior to that point and losing a very small amount/day which equals thousands over a years is expected and something I have ZERO issue with. Losing 80% on a $9k watch in a month and a half on a trade because the quality sucked which many grays and trusted sellers reiterated to me after I purchased it from an AD is another. Hopefully, you'll now understand what I'm trying to say is that losing thousands to depreciation on EVERYTHING is expected. Losing money to quality is not. Had it been an isolated incident, no issue, but after finding out grays and trusted sellers can't sell them because their quality sucks is another.
Sorry bro but your story doesnít make sense, how can you lose 80% on the watch? You went to a wrong people to sell your panerai. Or you were in a panic mode. Pam 1320 going between 7-8.5k.
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2019, 10:28 AM   #73
Mystro
"TRF" Member
 
Mystro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central Pa.
Posts: 7,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex Essex View Post
What I can’t understand is that Panerai are dive watches but they all come with leather strap
Yes, traditionally they were used on a leather strap in the Italian navy while diving. Today they come with a leather and a rubber dive strap and a tool to change the straps. Panerai strap changing system is the easiest and most effective in the industry with a small spring loaded release button in the lug that holds the heavy strap bar in the lugs.

You can see the button on each lug.
Mystro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2019, 10:31 AM   #74
brandrea
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
brandrea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Real Name: Brian (TBone)
Location: canada
Watch: es make me smile
Posts: 38,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick c View Post
Sorry bro but your story doesnít make sense, how can you lose 80% on the watch? You went to a wrong people to sell your panerai. Or you were in a panic mode. Pam 1320 going between 7-8.5k.
Haters gonna hate brother. Don't even bother

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
__________________
Instagram ~ brandrea3
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2019, 10:37 AM   #75
nick c
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
nick c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 26,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Haters gonna hate brother. Don't even bother

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk


Hi brother your are absolutely right


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2019, 10:51 AM   #76
supacarrot
"TRF" Member
 
supacarrot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Real Name: Bobby
Location: Boise, ID
Watch: 116618LB
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by porky51 View Post
Here are the 3 watches that keeps me contemplating every morning. The Daytona is reserved for special occasions and weekends.
Panerai over a steel Rolex for me, especially if I had those options. Gold Rolex over a gold pam any day.

The Daytona and Pam are casual only watches and the GMT could arguably go with some formal wear. Thus I would wear the Pam as a daily and keep the GMT fresh for suit days.

Personally I would take advantage of the crazy market and sell the steel Daytona to get a fairly cheap upgrade to a gold Day-Date or Sub. Daytonas are too busy for formal, so it seems like a great time to swap one for a gold Rolly and diversify your options IMO.

My 2 cents.
supacarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2019, 10:59 AM   #77
Trailboss516
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tristate
Watch: PAM372
Posts: 546
I've owned AP, Rolex, and Panerai.

They have all required trips in for service. No brand is immune.

Buy a Casio f91w if you want to avoid repairs.
Trailboss516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2019, 11:15 AM   #78
mistercoach32
"TRF" Member
 
mistercoach32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Wisconsin
Watch: SD43
Posts: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick c View Post
Sorry bro but your story doesn’t make sense, how can you lose 80% on the watch? You went to a wrong people to sell your panerai. Or you were in a panic mode. Pam 1320 going between 7-8.5k.

It makes perfect sense, but you don’t understand it and that’s ok. This afternoon I’ve discovered there are 3 things that are certain in life: death, taxes, and engaging in an opinion discussion with you is like trying to explain to a pimple-faced preteen that boogers aren’t really packed with protein so eating them doesn’t make a person healthier. It’s easy to miss the point and get lost in/make up your own details on occasion so my advice to you is to put your daddy’s watches back in his safe before you get grounded......and PLEASE go buy a PAM 1320 for $7-8.5k when you’re older......”bro.” You are right about one thing: I do hate Panerai. That being said, I do respect most of their owners. You’ve got a lot of beer bongs to crush tonight so be safe!
mistercoach32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2019, 11:40 AM   #79
marcusp23
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Texas
Watch: Sub, DJ41, CHNR an
Posts: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercoach32 View Post
It makes perfect sense, but you donít understand it and thatís ok. This afternoon Iíve discovered there are 3 things that are certain in life: death, taxes, and engaging in an opinion discussion with you is like trying to explain to a pimple-faced preteen that boogers arenít really packed with protein so eating them doesnít make a person healthier. Itís easy to miss the point and get lost in/make up your own details on occasion so my advice to you is to put your daddyís watches back in his safe before you get grounded......and PLEASE go buy a PAM 1320 for $7-8.5k when youíre older......Ēbro.Ē You are right about one thing: I do hate Panerai. That being said, I do respect most of their owners. Youíve got a lot of beer bongs to crush tonight so be safe!


Ok. We all get it. You donít like Panerai. Can we move on and get this thing back on track?
marcusp23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2019, 11:47 AM   #80
inadeje
2019 HARRODS BB Pledge Member
 
inadeje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Miami
Posts: 2,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercoach32 View Post
I prefer Rolex to Panerai.
I prefer Omega to Panerai.
I prefer IWC to Panerai.
I prefer Casio to Panerai.
I prefer Timex to Panerai.
I prefer Apple Watch to Panerai.
I prefer my iPhone to Panerai.
I prefer a quartz wall clock from Target to Panerai.

I purchased a new PAM1320 a couple years ago. It was the worst $9,000 I've ever spent. The watch looked great, but it kept horrible, horrible time. Started losing 30+ seconds/day right out of the shoot. By the time I brought it back for service, the AD removed all Panerai watches from his store because he was so sick of dealing with all the issues and complaints from customers. To make matters worse, it was a b&$@h to sell. Nine out of ten grey dealers made it clear they had zero interest purchasing or trading if a Panerai was involved.....before they even heard which model or the price. The 10th grey traded for it, but I took it up the you know what. I will never purchase another Panerai. Ever. That being said, my answer is obviously the BLNR......or even a miniature sundial.
Very clear opinion. I like that
__________________
♛ 116619 - ♛ 116689 - ♛ 116610LV - ♛ 116500LN Blk - ♛ 126711 CHNR - ♛ 126710BLNR - ♛ 16520 - ♛ 16710 STICK DIAL - ♛ 126600 - ♛ 16610 - ♛ 216570 Polar - ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ♛ 116300 Blk Roman - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2019, 11:59 AM   #81
inadeje
2019 HARRODS BB Pledge Member
 
inadeje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Miami
Posts: 2,256
Iíve had 12 then down to 8 Panerai and then sold 4 more, keeping currently just 4. I did not lose 1$ on all those sales yet I wore the watches and enjoyed them. I bought a bronzo 671 for 14k retail, its now worth around 22-24k. I bought a 127 fiddy for 4.5k and its worth between 12-16k now. I bought a 111 OPx movement BNIB for 3.8k (beater) and could sell it tomorrow for 4k. The one Panerai I have tentatively lost money on is my 687. I paid 10.2k retail from boutique and theyíre selling for around 7.5 to 7.8 now. Mine isnít for sale but, because there are only 1500 worldwide and no variants of it were ever made, I donít sweat itíll creap back up.

My rule with Panerai is simple.

Buy Retail - only LE pieces of 1700 or less pieces worldwide
Buy used - all others at -30 to 40% retail

*My experience with over 12 Panerai through the years is that if you apply the above rule you will not lose on Panerai and, like me, in some cases you can double your money (even though its hypothetical as Iím not selling what I have left)

Donít buy: ceramic/carbon, 1940 cases or the cop-out DUE range or youíll lose your shirt and underwear at resale time if you pay retail.

Winners and easily resellable are the pre-2010 1950 case in SS or Titanium. Get straps from ebay and not boutique.

As a final caveat, my 127 Fiddy is the watch that has attracted the most positive attention out of any watches I own. Not sure why, but it does.
__________________
♛ 116619 - ♛ 116689 - ♛ 116610LV - ♛ 116500LN Blk - ♛ 126711 CHNR - ♛ 126710BLNR - ♛ 16520 - ♛ 16710 STICK DIAL - ♛ 126600 - ♛ 16610 - ♛ 216570 Polar - ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ♛ 116300 Blk Roman - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2019, 12:05 PM   #82
nick c
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
nick c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 26,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by inadeje View Post
Iíve had 8 Panerai and sold 5. I did not lose 1$ on those 5 sales yet I wore the watches and enjoyed them. I bought a bronzo 671 for 14k retail, its now worth around 22-24k. I bought a 127 fiddy for 4.5k and its worth between 12-16k now. I bought a 111 OPx movement BNIB for 3.8k (beater) and could sell it tomorrow for 4k. The one Panerai I have tentatively lost money on is my 687. I paid 10.2k retail from boutique and theyíre selling for around 7.5 to 7.8 now. Mine isnít for sale but, because there are only 1500 worldwide and no variants of it were ever made, I donít sweat itíll creap back up.

My rule with Panerai is simple.

Buy Retail - only LE pieces of 1700 or less pieces worldwide
Buy used - all others at -30 to 40% retail

Donít buy: ceramic/carbon, 1940 cases or the cop-out DUE range or youíll lose your shirt and underwear at resale time if you pay retail.

Winners and easily resellable are the pre-2010 1950 case in SS or Titanium. Get straps from ebay and not boutique.
Thank you, thatís what Iím trying to tell this hater lol. I bought my first Pam 217 lefty retail for 10k, and sold it on eBay for 25k. Back in the day. And I also never Lost any money on any of my Panerai. Because I bought it smartly.
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2019, 12:10 PM   #83
inadeje
2019 HARRODS BB Pledge Member
 
inadeje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Miami
Posts: 2,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick c View Post
Thank you, thatís what Iím trying to tell this hater lol. I bought my first Pam 217 lefty retail for 10k, and sold it on eBay for 25k. Back in the day. And I also never Lost any money on any of my Panerai. Because I bought it smartly.
Right! i redited the text as it was actually 12 from day 1 in the early days mid 2000s until today.
__________________
♛ 116619 - ♛ 116689 - ♛ 116610LV - ♛ 116500LN Blk - ♛ 126711 CHNR - ♛ 126710BLNR - ♛ 16520 - ♛ 16710 STICK DIAL - ♛ 126600 - ♛ 16610 - ♛ 216570 Polar - ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ♛ 116300 Blk Roman - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2019, 12:59 AM   #84
jimcameron
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ByDawns Earlylite
Watch: 16800
Posts: 1,917
For Panerai enthusiasts, did the Brooklyn Bridge issue impact your feelings about the brand?
jimcameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2019, 01:04 AM   #85
Junior_
2019 Pledge Member
 
Junior_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Real Name: John
Location: Ohio
Watch: Rolex 114060
Posts: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finslayer83 View Post
I prefer Rolex to Panerai.

I prefer Omega to Panerai.


I prefer Seiko to Panerai.
Junior_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2019, 01:16 AM   #86
Mystro
"TRF" Member
 
Mystro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central Pa.
Posts: 7,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcameron View Post
For Panerai enthusiasts, did the Brooklyn Bridge issue impact your feelings about the brand?
Didn’t care. One watch for a certain demographic and a very Italian rooted move with the movement. Ferrari has done moves like this before with some car models and it didn’t hurt them.
Panerai makes a lot of watches in different ranges so one model is hardly a barometer of their focus.
If anything this gave Panerai a very direct feedback what is and isn’t going to work with future models.
Mystro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2019, 01:37 AM   #87
RootBeerGMT
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 67
Everyone has their favorite. Really is no wrong choice if your happy with it. Have taken my SubC off my wrist maybe 5 times in two years to clean in, and wind it. My old 16753 RootBeerGMT I babied. Not my new SubC. My Daytona sleeps in a gun safe with other toys. My SubC is absolutely my favorite of all time. Will never be sold or polished. It's a sexy workhorse and I bought it for me. Only had a few people even notice it due to all the Invitica $100 watches out there and could care less. My advice.... Buy what works for you. Don't care about other people's thoughts or opinions... and for god sakes... Quit bashing other people's stuff they work hard for. We are all here to share and enjoy each other's love for their watches.
Hope everyone has a great and safe weekend.
RootBeerGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2019, 01:49 AM   #88
RootBeerGMT
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 67
Oh... and there is nothing better looking than the new brighter biue glow of my Rolex SubC bobbing up and down as I rest my hand on the back of my wife's head in the back row of the movie theater.
Rolex Forever!!!
RootBeerGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2019, 02:04 AM   #89
brandrea
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
brandrea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Real Name: Brian (TBone)
Location: canada
Watch: es make me smile
Posts: 38,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by RootBeerGMT View Post
Everyone has their favorite. Really is no wrong choice if your happy with it.... Quit bashing other people's stuff they work hard for. We are all here to share and enjoy each other's love for their watches...
This part of you post is something we should all agree on
__________________
Instagram ~ brandrea3
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2019, 02:21 AM   #90
Meyrin
"TRF" Member
 
Meyrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Real Name: Ian
Location: Hamburg
Watch: Sub 14060
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by RootBeerGMT View Post
Everyone has their favorite. Really is no wrong choice if your happy with it. Have taken my SubC off my wrist maybe 5 times in two years to clean in, and wind it. My old 16753 RootBeerGMT I babied. Not my new SubC. My Daytona sleeps in a gun safe with other toys. My SubC is absolutely my favorite of all time. Will never be sold or polished. It's a sexy workhorse and I bought it for me. Only had a few people even notice it due to all the Invitica $100 watches out there and could care less. My advice.... Buy what works for you. Don't care about other people's thoughts or opinions... and for god sakes... Quit bashing other people's stuff they work hard for. We are all here to share and enjoy each other's love for their watches.
Hope everyone has a great and safe weekend.
Well said! My Sub 14060 has hardly ever been off my wrist in 23+ years, but I do take it off when I go to bed. Only been serviced twice at a Rolex RCS where I live, never been polished and will never be sold. And in all the years I've had it only a handful of people have ever noticed it, and they were wearing Rolexes or Breitlings! The Sub is, as you say, a real workhorse and keeps great time too! Everybody should just buy what they want/can afford to. bye:
Meyrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Banners Of The Month

Banners Of The Month
*Banners Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright ©2004-2019, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.