The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 12 December 2019, 08:14 AM   #1
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Ode to JLC Reverso Duo

Put on my Reverso for a business engagement tomorrow. I don’t wear it often and I forget how classic it is. If you are a serious watch collector, it is up there with the Rolex Sub and Omega Speedy as a must have. Not a bad 3 watch collection!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2019, 10:47 PM   #2
stateman
"TRF" Member

Couldn’t agree more. Also don’t wear my Reverso Tribute Duo as much as Rolex but It is an excellent complement in a collection. I recently picked up a couple addl straps for the Reverso that really make it more versatile and have been wearing more. It originally came with a blue croc strap that was pretty dressy. Got two Fagliano straps that help make it much more everyday-ish.
stateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2019, 11:17 PM   #3
themast
"TRF" Member

I don’t own one (yet) but I can understand the feeling!

I have had the pleasure to try a few Reverso and they always look great on the wrist.
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2019, 12:04 AM   #4
JayHantz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: @Escapementt
I have always had a soft spot for the Reverso. I think it is the perfect dress and business casual piece, but have yet to pull the trigger. Looks great on your wrist!
JayHantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2019, 05:39 AM   #5
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Those are THE best straps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stateman View Post
Couldn’t agree more. Also don’t wear my Reverso Tribute Duo as much as Rolex but It is an excellent complement in a collection. I recently picked up a couple addl straps for the Reverso that really make it more versatile and have been wearing more. It originally came with a blue croc strap that was pretty dressy. Got two Fagliano straps that help make it much more everyday-ish.
Did you get them from the manufacturer in Argentina? Don’t answer if it’s personal or PM if you don’t want to post it.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2019, 11:22 AM   #6
stateman
"TRF" Member

Yes - ordered from the Fagliano guys in Argentina. Great customer service and wonderful straps.
Old 13 December 2019, 01:41 PM   #7
yoniman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234, 116613LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post
Put on my Reverso for a business engagement tomorrow. I don’t wear it often and I forget how classic it is. If you are a serious watch collector, it is up there with the Rolex Sub and Omega Speedy as a must have. Not a bad 3 watch collection!

That is great watch.
JLC is a watchmaker's watch. I'd like to own one someday.

Used to supply Rolex with some parts...

It's just all about health, happiness & family. The rest are just necessary inconvenience we have to deal with.
yoniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2019, 06:10 AM   #8
stateman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post

Great watch OP, agree that with a Sub and Speedy it would be a classic base for a collection.
Old 16 December 2019, 07:54 PM   #9
BlueIn2Red
"TRF" Member

Regarding the Fagliano straps - they can be ordered from JLC direct, albeit only in three colours (the three you can buy the Reverso on, brown, blue and red), but at a significantly cheaper price than from Fagliano. They're made in Paris under license, but are still extremely high quality.
BlueIn2Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2019, 10:27 PM   #10
stateman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueIn2Red View Post
Regarding the Fagliano straps - they can be ordered from JLC direct, albeit only in three colours (the three you can buy the Reverso on, brown, blue and red), but at a significantly cheaper price than from Fagliano. They're made in Paris under license, but are still extremely high quality.
I saw the Fournet straps at an AD and preferred the cordovan from Fagliano direct - but am sure they're both great. Couldn't find any way to get replacement straps from the AD that were cordovan (vs calfskin). Seemed like the Fagliano cordovan were only sold with the limited edition watches when new per the AD. Not saying it's objectively worth the higher price, but it was to me at least.
Old 16 December 2019, 10:47 PM   #11
BlueIn2Red
"TRF" Member

The cordovan ones (which come on some Reversos as OEM) aren't listed on the JLC website, but are available if you contact them and ask (they were to me anyway!).
BlueIn2Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2019, 10:54 PM   #12
stateman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueIn2Red View Post
The cordovan ones (which come on some Reversos as OEM) aren't listed on the JLC website, but are available if you contact them and ask (they were to me anyway!).
Good to know for next time - of course, by the time these wear out, I'll probably be checking the time via the implanted chip in my head