The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 7 June 2015, 07:38 PM   #1
bieb1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vintage
Genuine ref 1675 movement inside?

Dear experts, I have a 1967 GMT (1.8 million range), but have a question about the movement. As far as I know it should have a cal 1575 inside, with the bridge stamped 1570. However, the bridge inside is stamped 1530. The date and GMT functions work as they should and the hands are also in the correct sequence for the 1675 reference.

I am aware that 1530 was the base caliber for the subsequent 15 series and that bridges are interchangeable. So could it be that in its long life the bridge has been replaced by an older version that the watchmaker (in Canada) had available? The case back shows quite a few watch makers inscriptions, so it has seen a few services over the years.

I will try to post a picture, but at this stage do not have a better/sharper version. It is a bit blurry, but I can confirm that the stamp on the bridge says 1530. The rest does not look 1530 to me and if it was, would not operate as GMT, but I am definitely not an expert.

Thank you for helping me out here!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1967 GMT ref 1675.jpg (17.8 KB, 208 views)
bieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2015, 05:16 AM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: GMT's
It's possible that the bridge was replaced.. It's also possible that the bridge was the one that was originally on hand at the time of manufacture,
Old 12 June 2015, 05:58 AM   #3
bieb1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vintage
Thank you for the response. I have looked at the movement in detail and apart from the stamp on the bridge, everything else looks correct for the watch, so I guess it is as you suggest - replaced at some point. There is some wear on the outer rims underneath the winding mechanism, suggesting a problem that got fixed by replacing it and with a 1530 bridge.
bieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote