The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 17 August 2017, 02:15 AM   #1
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
White ceramic

Hi guys,

We always see the black ce diver and ce 44's, but can't seem to recall seeing a white ce diver or 44. Anyone have any? If yes pics would be nice.
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2017, 03:20 AM   #2
Manofsteelpt
"TRF" Member

IS300 or maybe it's IS250 has a white Diver. I love the white 44, but, for that money...

Edit, it's IS250C.
Old 17 August 2017, 06:02 PM   #3
Abdullasaif
"TRF" Member

Watch: bipolar
I remember I was close to getting the diver but the 44 is just rare now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Abdullasaif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2017, 06:31 PM   #4
Star Ferry
Banned

I thought a lot about getting one. Chrono24 had one listed from HK but when I messaged the dealer, the response seemed sketchy

(photo not mine)
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2017, 08:09 PM   #5
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manofsteelpt View Post
IS300 or maybe it's IS250 has a white Diver. I love the white 44, but, for that money...

Edit, it's IS250C.
Yeah it a little too expensive...
Old 17 August 2017, 10:57 PM   #6
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
I thought a lot about getting one. Chrono24 had one listed from HK but when I messaged the dealer, the response seemed sketchy

(photo not mine)
I see one of the HK grey dealers has one listed on their website. PM me if you want the link (full disclosure: I have no experience with this dealer...and I'm keen to encourage someone to buy one of these so I can see some real members' wrist shots)
HK Islandboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2017, 11:09 PM   #7
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK Islandboy View Post
I see one of the HK grey dealers has one listed on their website. PM me if you want the link (full disclosure: I have no experience with this dealer...and I'm keen to encourage someone to buy one of these so I can see some real members' wrist shots)
i would like to see real shots too but I'm pretty positive this is one that needs to be seen in person to appreciate. The pics don't look good at all to me, but many AP's don't photograph well and this could be one.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2017, 11:20 PM   #8
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
i would like to see real shots too but I'm pretty positive this is one that needs to be seen in person to appreciate. The pics don't look good at all to me, but many AP's don't photograph well and this could be one.
From the web photos, the white CE44 looks like the winner...though I expect both are very cool. Unfortunately the prices on chrono24 for the 44 are stupid...pay an extra USD 1k and you could get a TI Schumi

I do see a dealer here with a used 44 for around 36k, which is punchy, but more reasonable
HK Islandboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2017, 12:41 AM   #9
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
From the web photos, the white CE44 looks like the winner...though I expect both are very cool. Unfortunately the prices on chrono24 for the 44 are stupid...pay an extra USD 1k and you could get a TI Schumi

I do see a dealer here with a used 44 for around 36k, which is punchy, but more reasonable
for me, i think i just can't get over the 1950's hospital orderly vibe this watch is putting out...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3cfc6df7ee6b1821419e0bdd93b33d8d.jpg (49.7 KB, 370 views)
Old 18 August 2017, 02:22 AM   #10
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Saw it and tried it, but was used to wearing my 5712 at the time, it seemed huge to me, plus white gives impression it's bigger than the black, but it is very cool, just for me black is better, but both white ce's are cool, just don't get why the 44 costs a fortune, very low production?
Old 24 August 2017, 02:20 PM   #11
Bello_nyc
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Nice !!
Bello_nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2017, 03:05 PM   #12
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
My wife shot it down, saying it looked like a plastic toy compared to the SS diver. I disagree and still like it, but I get the sense she'd complain every time I wore it
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2017, 05:25 PM   #13
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
Saw it and tried it, but was used to wearing my 5712 at the time, it seemed huge to me, plus white gives impression it's bigger than the black, but it is very cool, just for me black is better, but both white ce's are cool, just don't get why the 44 costs a fortune, very low production?

As far as I know the chrono 44 in white was quickly discontinued, and according to my AD the ones already made were recalled as there was some sort of problem.

I tried one on as I loved it in the photos but it was a very bright white and you'd have to be young and cool to pull it off so it wasn't for me.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2017, 05:30 PM   #14
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
As far as I know the chrono 44 in white was quickly discontinued, and according to my AD the ones already made were recalled as there was some sort of problem.

I tried one on as I loved it in the photos but it was a very bright white and you'd have to be young and cool to pull it off so it wasn't for me.

thats interesting. Im assuming that means they recalled the existing AD stock? I wonder what the fate of the ones in the wild are? Im assuming AP will fix them as opposed to a refund or exchange for another different watch. In any case that makes them exceedingly rare.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 25 August 2017, 03:49 AM   #15
singe89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP & Patek
Quote:
thats interesting. Im assuming that means they recalled the existing AD stock? I wonder what the fate of the ones in the wild are? Im assuming AP will fix them as opposed to a refund or exchange for another different watch. In any case that makes them exceedingly rare.
I heard (not 100% sure its fact) that the white ceramic was harder/more scratch resistant but also more brittle so there were some cracking issues. I assume its been fixed since they are still using white ceramic elsewhere.
singe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 04:05 AM   #16
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by singe89 View Post
I heard (not 100% sure its fact) that the white ceramic was harder/more scratch resistant but also more brittle so there were some cracking issues. I assume its been fixed since they are still using white ceramic elsewhere.

I think it was reported as 10x harder, in any case I heard the same as you.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 04:10 AM   #17
edo
"TRF" Member

After 44 w.ceramic, AP released full white ceramic limited edition for golf ambassadors... The watch looks 10 times better if you put black or blue strap on it...
edo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2017, 09:20 AM   #18
S Cameron
"TRF" Member

Icon10

My friend has white 44 for sale, if anyone interested. Thanks.
S Cameron is offline   Reply With Quote