The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 3 July 2017, 03:26 PM   #31
cajunron
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega Seamaster PO
Looks great.
Old 4 August 2017, 06:35 AM   #32
ATX
"TRF" Member

Watch: '79 9411
Little update on the watch :)

While not period correct, I fell in love with the roulette date wheels. After one of the most exhaustive internet searches of my life I came up empty handed. I realized I would not find a roulette, so I decided it would be fun to add an all red.

Simple, you would think...

Proper Rolex/Tudor date wheels exist in all sorts of colors... just NOTHING for the 2783/4 movement in the 9411. There were some options floating around a few years ago in the aftermarket world, but things were dry.

Save the story. I spent two months on ebay locating a 2783/2784 movement, with red date wheel, AND, the font needed to match. I would say I got a 95% on the match. (I actually bought a complete watch to get the right font).

I also asked to have the bracelet brushed without a polish. After he touched up the lugs without polishing things I couldn't resist. More pics to come. I absolutely love it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TudorRed.jpg (162.3 KB, 178 views)
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2017, 03:17 AM   #33
Apache
"TRF" Member

Watch: 72 Tudor Snowflake
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX View Post
I will make sure to post up pics!

I do have a question for the forum... I really like the roulette date discs that came with these watches, I would even be ok with an all red version. For the life of me I can't find anything. The ETA 2784 is the only movement I just can't find anything for, not even a solid parts list.

For whatever reason every single movement in the world seems to have parts lists available aside from this 2784. I am honestly just trying to find out what date wheels are compatible with the 2784, any other options?

I will admit, now I am just on a mission to find info about this movement.
Have enjoyed reading this thread. Your vintage Snowflake looks great and I love the top hat crystal with the cyclops feature!

I've been on the lookout of a Roulette Date Wheel (black and red) for my Snowflake which has an ETA 2484 movement. I've come up empty handed so far. It keeps things interesting trying to get everything as close to original as possible.
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2017, 12:33 PM   #34
linesiders
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: U Talkn Bout Wilis
Should you find a Roulette wheel they WERE on some early 9411/0 watches ; )

Old 12 October 2017, 12:58 AM   #35
ATX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Have enjoyed reading this thread. Your vintage Snowflake looks great and I love the top hat crystal with the cyclops feature!

I've been on the lookout of a Roulette Date Wheel (black and red) for my Snowflake which has an ETA 2484 movement. I've come up empty handed so far. It keeps things interesting trying to get everything as close to original as possible.
Thank you! It has been very fun restoring the watch, I had a little hiccup with the movement running slow. WMI had it back three times and both Bob and Philip were very confused why it kept coming back and running slow. It was returned to me a few days before my wife and I left for Telluride and was still slow. Frustrated, I just put the watch on and decided to just enjoy it.

We arrived in Telluride and I set the watch to MST and pretty much ignored the time (easy to do in Telluride). A week later I checked the watch and it was holding time PERFECTLY. I guess the watch enjoyed the altitude and mountain air. I was actually a bit worried about setting the watch back to CST here in Austin. Once we got home I bit the bullet and reset the time...

Happy to report that I have not had to adjust the time in the last month and I am still within 30 seconds. Phew. Tip of the hat to the WMI team for the wonderful support.

Let me look through my research, I think I came across a roulette wheel for that movement at one point in time. That said I spent two months digging around, could have crossed my eyes.
Old 12 October 2017, 12:59 AM   #36
ATX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linesiders View Post
Should you find a Roulette wheel they WERE on some early 9411/0 watches ; )

I'm not sure if I should hug you or hit you... haha. Now I MUST find one. I really enjoy the all red wheel, but, having something that was originally available on the watch would be the perfect situation.