The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 13 June 2017, 06:43 AM   #31
diverdoug
Banned

Watch: YG GMT/blue Sky-D
Quote:
Originally Posted by 116500LN View Post
SD4K on RubberB Black w/ Glidelock compatibility.

Strap feels nice and looks good. But that isn't everything.

In the end, I would not recommend it and never buy another product from RubberB again. It's advertised as made-for-Rolex but the lug holes do not even line up to the lugs on the watch. Biggest pain in the butt to install, even with their cheap thin aftermarket spring bars.
What do you mean by Glidelock compatibility? Do you detach the clasp from the bracelet and attach it to the rubber strap? Are there different size straps? If so, how do you figure out what size to order? I would like to get one of those straps for my D-Blue. Thanks!
diverdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2017, 09:24 AM   #32
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I'd like to see more stingray straps.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2017, 10:46 AM   #33
Prestige_Swiss
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Definitely considering getting an everest strap
Prestige_Swiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2017, 09:06 PM   #34
mtb
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sky/Sea/Land
mtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2017, 09:09 PM   #35
osamu
"TRF" Member

been thinking of putting mine back on the Rubber B. Just flies completely under the radar without the bracelet.

osamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2017, 09:13 PM   #36
Gert
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub, TT SubC LN
BBB on red "unknown" rubber..
Very nice for the summer holidays IMO

Gert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2017, 09:17 PM   #37
Sublovin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
Interesting, looking at other brands, rubber seems to really be gaining popularity
Sublovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2017, 09:29 PM   #38
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
There's the winner right there! That looks fantastic
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2017, 11:14 PM   #39
ryan.uk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116660
Icon3

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverdoug View Post
What do you mean by Glidelock compatibility? Do you detach the clasp from the bracelet and attach it to the rubber strap? Are there different size straps? If so, how do you figure out what size to order? I would like to get one of those straps for my D-Blue. Thanks!
Doug; you have three choices with Rubber B;

1) 'The Glidelock series' strap that has you use your current glidelock clasp. To size it, you count the number of links you have on both 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock sides on your current bracelet. Based on that count, you can then select the appropriate size. (sizing guide available from Rubber B's website). Just comes in black. Might be a PITA to install...

2) 'Tang buckle series' version - this is obviously just your standard pin-and-hole universal fit configuration, but you will be able to choose some cool colours; some solid colours (black, white, red, blue, orange), or black with a coloured line (they call it vulcromatic) that matches some of the cool colours off the D-Blue (the Deepsea green font, and the blue)

3) New 'velcro series' strap version - just comes in black, and secures with velcro.. ya know; like those gym shoes you wore when you were 8

I've not got one myself yet - none of them really sing to me. I miss the OEM Omega rubber strap for my planet ocean... lovely strap and the best deployment clasp ever.
ryan.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2017, 11:27 PM   #40
diverdoug
Banned

Thanks Ryan! I am thinking the D-blue on a black or blue rubber strap might look nice, but don't want to give up that great DSSD Glidelock clasp (so much better than my SubC Glidelock).
Old 13 June 2017, 11:54 PM   #41
rabdal897
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner Ceramic
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Does anyone have the carbon fibre Rubber B strap?
As I understand it, It looks the same as the regular strap but, it's got the extra strength to support glide-lock and extra weight.
rabdal897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2017, 11:55 PM   #42
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabdal897 View Post
As I understand it, It looks the same as the regular strap but, it's got the extra strength to support glide-lock and extra weight.
Thank you, it's tough to tell from the pictures on their website.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2017, 06:03 PM   #43
genta
"TRF" Member

Next week I'll put my 116500LN on an orange RubberB!
genta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2017, 08:37 PM   #44
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by 116500LN View Post
SD4K on RubberB Black w/ Glidelock compatibility.

Strap feels nice and looks good. But that isn't everything.

In the end, I would not recommend it and never buy another product from RubberB again. It's advertised as made-for-Rolex but the lug holes do not even line up to the lugs on the watch. Biggest pain in the butt to install, even with their cheap thin aftermarket spring bars.

EDIT: This new 293 kb limit on TRF is ridiculous! Can't upload normal-sized pictures (I'm talking 800x600 images)
Its a known issue that the Ceramic SD4K Rubber B is a difficult fit, however there are no reported issues (other than user error) on any other Rolex reference that I can see.

I had two deployant clasp Rubber B straps on my RG daytona C. Fitted perfectly and extremely easy to fit and remove. The OEM leather strap was harder to get on and off.

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2017, 12:58 AM   #45
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
Hint of green.

Edit: Hmm... My pictures aren't uploading. Well it's a GMT on a Rubber B with a green accent stripe. I'll try again later.
Wcdhtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2017, 01:10 AM   #46
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
Its a known issue that the Ceramic SD4K Rubber B is a difficult fit, however there are no reported issues (other than user error) on any other Rolex reference that I can see.

I had two deployant clasp Rubber B straps on my RG daytona C. Fitted perfectly and extremely easy to fit and remove. The OEM leather strap was harder to get on and off.
Can you describe the process and potential pitfalls a bit. Just bought a rubberb for my daytona 16518 and I am worried about changing the strap or letting someone else change it specifically in terms of marring the gold.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2017, 04:22 AM   #47
diverdoug
Banned

On the RubbeB webpage for a GMT that uses the Rolex clasp, it says it is a universal fit (no size options). Does that mean you have to cut it to fit?
Old 15 June 2017, 07:58 AM   #48
dogpawss
"TRF" Member

My latest acquisition with genuine rubber strap!

dogpawss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2017, 08:09 AM   #49
Maxtor
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Exp 1, DJ Tuxedo
Great pics. I would never have thought of rubber on a Daytona. Works beautifully.
Maxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2017, 08:09 AM   #50
strafer_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDs, Subs & GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
There's the winner right there! That looks fantastic
No doubt - super shot!
strafer_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2017, 12:15 AM   #51
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by breitlings View Post
Can you describe the process and potential pitfalls a bit. Just bought a rubberb for my daytona 16518 and I am worried about changing the strap or letting someone else change it specifically in terms of marring the gold.
Sure - be happy to.

First off I pretty much taped the entire watch head front and back and lugs with either electrical tape or decorators masking tape.

I used a Bergeon 6111. Has a reversable pinpunch /spring bar fork on one end and a 4mm fork on the other.

Then I'd split the strap from the deployant clasp using the 4mm fork to push the strap away from the clasp and squeeze the spring bar at the same time. The narrow fork on the other end of the tool doesn't work so well.

Once the clasp was removed, place the watch face down and repeat the process for the lug spring bars, releasing one side of the spring bar from from the spring bar hole then the other, angling the strap carefully so as not to bend the spring bar or damage the hole in the lug. The bars are gold and so softer than steel ones.

Ideally you are looking to have the springbar out of both holes and angled to be fully extended whilst still between the lugs. This way it won't damage the edge of the lig as it fires its way accross the room.

Pliers may work better here provided the end of the strap the spring bar goes through can be compressed enough (which may be unlikely if the strap is as firm as mine was.

Fitting the rubber B is a reversal of the process and the wide fork again comes in handy here to compress the various spring bars, then move them carefully until they click into place.

You will get some slight marring on the inner lug surfaces from the spring bar ends as this is pretty much unavoidable unless you can use spring bar pliers, but its no worse than the marks the strap leaves anyway and cannot be seen. The tape protects the top, bottom and front of the lugs.

This may sound quite an involved process but its pretty straightforward. I changed my starps loads of times with zero damage to the bars, lugs or any other part of the watch.

Others may do it differently but it worked for me

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2017, 05:14 AM   #52
indy16zo6
"TRF" Member

I love my rubber b strap on my deep sea blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
indy16zo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2017, 05:39 AM   #53
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpawss View Post
My latest acquisition with genuine rubber strap!

So it's out? Congrats!
Old 17 June 2017, 05:41 AM   #54
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
Sure - be happy to.

First off I pretty much taped the entire watch head front and back and lugs with either electrical tape or decorators masking tape.

I used a Bergeon 6111. Has a reversable pinpunch /spring bar fork on one end and a 4mm fork on the other.

Then I'd split the strap from the deployant clasp using the 4mm fork to push the strap away from the clasp and squeeze the spring bar at the same time. The narrow fork on the other end of the tool doesn't work so well.

Once the clasp was removed, place the watch face down and repeat the process for the lug spring bars, releasing one side of the spring bar from from the spring bar hole then the other, angling the strap carefully so as not to bend the spring bar or damage the hole in the lug. The bars are gold and so softer than steel ones.

Ideally you are looking to have the springbar out of both holes and angled to be fully extended whilst still between the lugs. This way it won't damage the edge of the lig as it fires its way accross the room.

Pliers may work better here provided the end of the strap the spring bar goes through can be compressed enough (which may be unlikely if the strap is as firm as mine was.

Fitting the rubber B is a reversal of the process and the wide fork again comes in handy here to compress the various spring bars, then move them carefully until they click into place.

You will get some slight marring on the inner lug surfaces from the spring bar ends as this is pretty much unavoidable unless you can use spring bar pliers, but its no worse than the marks the strap leaves anyway and cannot be seen. The tape protects the top, bottom and front of the lugs.

This may sound quite an involved process but its pretty straightforward. I changed my starps loads of times with zero damage to the bars, lugs or any other part of the watch.

Others may do it differently but it worked for me
Thank you sir. Still on the fence about the rubberb for zenith strap Daytona. I guess if I do it I'll post some pictures in here...
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2017, 06:24 AM   #55
wach16
"TRF" Member

Watch: 228239, PAM00684
Still up in the air on whether or not I am going to get one for my Milgauss. I have one for my AP and I rarely put it on but these pics are making me lean toward snagging one for the summer

Rolex 228239
PAM00684
wach16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2017, 02:22 AM   #56
genta
"TRF" Member

genta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2017, 08:14 AM   #57
Jambos5151
"TRF" Member

Was a big Everest fan when i had my sub , would think it would work the same if one gets launched for the sd43.

Jambos5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2017, 03:29 PM   #58
dogpawss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtor View Post
Great pics. I would never have thought of rubber on a Daytona. Works beautifully.

Thank you and I love it!
Old 19 June 2017, 03:33 PM   #59
dogpawss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjclark32 View Post
So it's out? Congrats!

Yes it's out and became my daily now!
Old 20 June 2017, 03:35 AM   #60
Skittman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please
116515LN... off stock leather and onto rubber b since day 1

Previously Owned - Yachtmaster I - Blue Dial. Sub C Date.116520 Daytona - White Dial. 116600 SD4K. 116515LN Chocolate. 116500LN Black Dial. 26320 AP ROC
Skittman is offline   Reply With Quote