The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 18 August 2017, 04:12 AM   #1
WWCO
"TRF" Member

Watch: Not enough
Watchfinder

Has anyone had a pleasurable experience with Watchfinder? I ask only because my previous experience wasn't so, however the current selection of AP's they have is one of the best i've seen it with them. If any of you get chance its well worth a look!! GP's, legacy, concept, survivor and much more.
WWCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2017, 04:39 AM   #2
dr3ziz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWCO View Post
Has anyone had a pleasurable experience with Watchfinder? I ask only because my previous experience wasn't so, however the current selection of AP's they have is one of the best i've seen it with them. If any of you get chance its well worth a look!! GP's, legacy, concept, survivor and much more.
Hi Jack I had a fantastic experience selling my skydweller ,, they gave me a price and the transaction went smoothly I received my money within 5 days .. people I dealt with were professional and friendly. I totally recommend dealing with them
dr3ziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2017, 04:40 AM   #3
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
i have never bought from them but selling is pretty good. They pay more than most dealers but less than if you sold it yourself. They are getting my diver on saturday.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2017, 04:47 AM   #4
WWCO
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr3ziz View Post
Hi Jack I had a fantastic experience selling my skydweller ,, they gave me a price and the transaction went smoothly I received my money within 5 days .. people I dealt with were professional and friendly. I totally recommend dealing with them
That's good to hear! I was unclear in my post and should have mentioned about buying from them rather than selling but that's still good to hear still
Old 18 August 2017, 04:50 AM   #5
WWCO
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
i have never bought from them but selling is pretty good. They pay more than most dealers but less than if you sold it yourself. They are getting my diver on saturday.
Now that does surprise me that they pay more than most dealers. From my experience they tend to add between 1k-2k mark up from buying to selling a watch. Not sure if anyone has experienced anything similar with them?
Old 18 August 2017, 04:58 AM   #6
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Now that does surprise me that they pay more than most dealers. From my experience they tend to add between 1k-2k mark up from buying to selling a watch. Not sure if anyone has experienced anything similar with them?
sounds about right. some brands are better than others. My DSSD was actually the worst loss i took from them though, my breitling did better which was odd.

I got more than i thought for one and less than i thought for the other. between the two on average i got what i would have expected.

Its WAY more than a part exchange from an AD. All my quotes were higher from WF than from chronext also.
Old 18 August 2017, 05:05 AM   #7
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
I previously found them good however I sold them my AP rgrc late last year and the experience wasn't great. I sent them my watch which had just been serviced and had a new rubber bezel fitted to be appraised at the Leeds store after an online offer to buy from head office.

The manager confirmed that the watch was in good working order and gave me a receipt and said the money should be in my account within 2-3 days from receipt in London. It turned out that at best payment is 5-6 days but in my case (bear in mind that the watch had just been serviced by AP and I provided all the service paperwork) they removed the case back without permission and informed me that they were carrying out thorough tests.

Over the next 3-4 weeks each time I rang for an update I was informed that they were still carrying out tests, this really worried me. In the end I rang them and told them that I was sending someone to collect the watch that day as I'd had enough, I was put on hold and then informed that my watch had passed the tests and they would offer me the maximum amount from the original offer range.

The whole experience put me off dealing with them again and when I recently sold my wife's old Daytona I went elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2017, 05:09 AM   #8
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
I previously found them good however I sold them my AP rgrc late last year and the experience wasn't great. I sent them my watch which had just been serviced and had a new rubber bezel fitted to be appraised at the Leeds store after an online offer to buy from head office.

The manager confirmed that the watch was in good working order and gave me a receipt and said the money should be in my account within 2-3 days from receipt in London. It turned out that at best payment is 5-6 days but in my case (bear in mind that the watch had just been serviced by AP and I provided all the service paperwork) they removed the case back without permission and informed me that they were carrying out thorough tests.

Over the next 3-4 weeks each time I rang for an update I was informed that they were still carrying out tests, this really worried me. In the end I rang them and told them that I was sending someone to collect the watch that day as I'd had enough, I was put on hold and then informed that my watch had passed the tests and they would offer me the maximum amount from the original offer range.

The whole experience put me off dealing with them again and when I recently sold my wife's old Daytona I went elsewhere.

this concerns me... my payments have always been right at 5 days so no biggie. The larger issue is the offer accepted and then weeks to test it

They service all watches apparently before selling them so i see no reason why that should hold up a sale. As to how in depth that service is, that is unclear.
Old 18 August 2017, 05:14 AM   #9
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Also I know for a fact that they bullshit buyers about the age of watches. My watch became younger when advertised for sale. I was honest with them about the age of the watch but my guarantee book was unstamped as ADs weren't previously obliged to stamp them.

Old 18 August 2017, 05:14 AM   #10
WWCO
"TRF" Member

Quote:

WOW! That's scary, i don't blame you for not going back! You can only imagine some of the other "tests" they put watches through before getting back to people.
Old 18 August 2017, 05:16 AM   #11
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Also I know for a fact that they bullshit buyers about the age of watches. My watch became younger when advertised for sale. I was honest with them about the age of the watch but my guarantee book was unstamped as ADs weren't previously obliged to stamp them.

pretty sure my 15710 is the one on there right now. It just showed up and is 6 months younger than mine, but the year (2016) is correct.... they don't have the watch yet... listing was not there yesterday. They had a 2 year old one last week but i guess that one sold.
Old 18 August 2017, 05:20 AM   #12
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I was honest with them about the age of the watch but my guarantee book was unstamped as ADs weren't previously obliged to stamp them.

playing devils advocate here, but do you think this could be the cause of the "testing" as the paperwork was not standard as far as what is typically seen today?
Old 18 August 2017, 05:26 AM   #13
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
playing devils advocate here, but do you think this could be the cause of the "testing" as the paperwork was not standard as far as what is typically seen today?

Good thinking but NO. It was normal for ADs to not stamp the booklet.

Rightly or wrongly I took the testing to be delaying tactics for paying. All the paperwork & tags etc was available, the watch looked like new. I provided the cardboard service box also with the itemised receipt. It was possibly the best example of the watch that they'd seen.

Old 18 August 2017, 07:39 AM   #14
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Look at the platinum 44 that they have for sale. They claim that it's less than a year old but the watch looks old. The strap is knackered and check out the last photo showing the case back. Zoom in on the screws and you'll see that someone has used the wrong sized screwdriver to meddle with the screws and now the slots are all burred.

The no. is 0122, mine is mid 500 and mine is 10 months old. Also to be less than a year old the serial no. Would have to start with a J, although it's blurred out it doesn't look like a J.

Old 18 August 2017, 09:41 AM   #15
Manofsteelpt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Look at the platinum 44 that they have for sale. They claim that it's less than a year old but the watch looks old. The strap is knackered and check out the last photo showing the case back. Zoom in on the screws and you'll see that someone has used the wrong sized screwdriver to meddle with the screws and now the slots are all burred.

The no. is 0122, mine is mid 500 and mine is 10 months old. Also to be less than a year old the serial no. Would have to start with a J, although it's blurred out it doesn't look like a J.

Says the paperwork is dated 2/15/17, so, it's less than 1 yr old. It IS an older H serial though without the brushed bezel. Same as mine that's from 12'.

Do we know that the numbers are an actual sequence for the PT 44's? If so, there's 600 or so, at the very least.