The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 27 March 2018, 09:33 AM   #181
Bigblu10
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Real Name: Jaime
Location: Here
Posts: 5,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrés G View Post
Unfortunately that’s not how it works with Rolex. It could be on the website and still discontinued. We have prior examples where that was the case.
Where was the "official" announcement at Basel it was discoed?
I really thought the BS rumors would stop after Basel, but unfortunately not.
Bigblu10 is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 09:33 AM   #182
Luchi12
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bermuda
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStone View Post
Agreed. Until it disappears from the website, or we see it deleted from the catalog shipped to ADs with orders it cannot be ordered, I would say the rumor is still a rumor. I would not say it's Bravo Sierra. It could be correct, and just too early to know it for sure.
Someone posted within the thread earlier a screenshot of the current catalogue with no BLNR or LN, unless that wasn't the official catalogue sent to ADs.
Luchi12 is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 09:49 AM   #183
DHPSU
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: NYC
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchi12 View Post
Really hoping it has not been discontinued otherwise passing up one at Christmas for $8,650 out the door with a $850 gift card from my local AD will haunt me forever! I had not long bought the SD43 and wanted to wait another year to get the BLNR so was hoping to pick one up end of this year


Dude, your not going to get a better deal than that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DHPSU is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 09:51 AM   #184
JacksonStone
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchi12 View Post
Someone posted within the thread earlier a screenshot of the current catalogue with no BLNR or LN, unless that wasn't the official catalogue sent to ADs.
That's why I phrased it that way. The person who posted it said that's the official catalog, but I don't rule out the possibility that the one that gets shipped to ADs could be amended. Whether that's likely or not, I don't know, but I don't think there is enough information yet to say conclusively it has been discontinued.
JacksonStone is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 09:51 AM   #185
Luchi12
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bermuda
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHPSU View Post
Dude, your not going to get a better deal than that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah if it doesn't get discontinued then they do the gift card deal every Christmas and the price is just retail here and we do not have sales tax. Like my SD43 was $10,800 out the door.
Luchi12 is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 09:54 AM   #186
RickRolexed
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: NYC
Posts: 42
I'm looking forward to this if true!
RickRolexed is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 09:54 AM   #187
JacksonStone
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
Where was the "official" announcement at Basel it was discoed?
There hasn't been one yet. But if you've been paying attention, you know there is ample precedent that models that have been discontinued can remain on the website for a time. Last year, months before Basel, ADs were being told the SD4K was gone and no longer able to be ordered, but it still remained on the website until the SD43 debuted at Basel. The same happened this year with the BLRO.

I'll say it again: right now we don't have enough information to know whether or not it has been discontinued. Its presence on the website is not dispositive. On the other hand, the fact it is not in the catalog presented at Basel means questions about its future aren't just BS.
JacksonStone is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 09:55 AM   #188
Cesarmsi
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: East USA
Watch: Milgauss, GMT, YM,
Posts: 400
Still showing on the Rolex Website...... This screenshot was taken a few minutes ago. March 26, 2018 @ 7:52 pm
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 1DE65B1A-E277-431D-9931-A3571BB9E0DD.jpeg (87.5 KB, 454 views)
Cesarmsi is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 09:57 AM   #189
Andrés G
"TRF" Member
 
Andrés G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Guatemala
Posts: 3,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
Where was the "official" announcement at Basel it was discoed?
I really thought the BS rumors would stop after Basel, but unfortunately not.
No official announcement has been made yet. It’s missing from the AD master catalog given at Basel. If it’s not in the catalog an AD cannot order it.
Andrés G is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 09:59 AM   #190
watchmework
"TRF" Member
 
watchmework's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: DC
Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
Posts: 7,869
My AD told me today that the BLNR was discontinued but that it wouldn’t be announced until the new Pepsi get released into the market.

This is the same AD that told me the red text on the SD43 was going to be changed to white at Basel last week so he’s credible. just kidding.
watchmework is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 10:06 AM   #191
JR16
2024 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 6,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchi12 View Post
Never understood putting a discontinued watch in the vault, every reference gets discontinued at some point!


Agree!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 11:00 AM   #192
101031-28
"TRF" Member
 
101031-28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA
Watch: 1665
Posts: 4,755
Missing from Bucherer in Lugano as well (I go see them anytime I fly back home):

http://rolex.bucherer.com/en/watches/gmt-master-ii

Giving them a call in the morning, Europe time, see if they can tell me why the BLNR is not on their website.. Stay tuned!
__________________
He could not just wear a watch. It had to be a Rolex.

Ian Fleming
101031-28 is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 11:03 AM   #193
904VT
"TRF" Member
 
904VT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: USA
Watch: All Rolex
Posts: 6,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmework View Post
My AD told me today that the BLNR was discontinued but that it wouldn’t be announced until the new Pepsi get released into the market.

This is the same AD that told me the red text on the SD43 was going to be changed to white at Basel last week so he’s credible. just kidding.
I hope they don’t change the Red text anytime soon. Then we’d just have super sized Sub and mini me. Red helps better differentiate
904VT is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 11:07 AM   #194
JacksonStone
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
I hope they don’t change the Red text anytime soon. Then we’d just have super sized Sub and mini me. Red helps better differentiate
I wouldn't worry. This was a rumor floating around prior to Basel this year; nothing came of it.
JacksonStone is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 11:08 AM   #195
vinny84
2024 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhpsu View Post
dude, your not going to get a better deal than that.


Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
+2
vinny84 is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 11:09 AM   #196
WJGESQ
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todm View Post
I don’t have enough posts for link but ablogtowatch says the BLNR is discontinued. If you read their “Hands on” article for the new Pepsi on jubilee you will see it. Hopefully someone else can post link.

Bet it skyrockets in value from here.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's had a good run.

But with the SS Pepsi--it could be a gonner.
WJGESQ is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 12:12 PM   #197
kaien
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: DC Metro Area
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchi12 View Post
Really hoping it has not been discontinued otherwise passing up one at Christmas for $8,650 out the door with a $850 gift card from my local AD will haunt me forever! I had not long bought the SD43 and wanted to wait another year to get the BLNR so was hoping to pick one up end of this year
Umm... *jaw drops on floor*

Was the $850 gift card IN ADDITION to the $8,650 price?

And, what if you'd paid with a rewards CC? Good gravy...

At least this will be a story to talk about for forever!
kaien is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 12:23 PM   #198
superstarmar
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: In Motion
Watch: my wrist presence
Posts: 7,436
When will the Fake News STOP???
Just stop , Please !!! I can’t read this anymore...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 6C4EDE2B-1A21-465E-BFF1-16B408746162.jpeg (87.1 KB, 313 views)
superstarmar is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 12:31 PM   #199
JacksonStone
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarmar View Post
When will the Fake News STOP???
Just stop , Please !!! I can’t read this anymore...
Considering the catalog issued at Basel does not list either the BLNR or the LN GMTs, what makes you so certain this is fake? Now many AD websites are no longer showing the BLNR, LN or YG green-dial GMTs; many of those ADs port their lists directly from Rolex. I'm not saying it's a certainty, but there is certainly enough information available to suggest it's a realistic possibility. Summarily rejecting all information and saying "Fake News" is the equivalent of a person sticking his fingers in his ears and shouting, "La la la la la!" What's the harm in considering and discussing the information available?
JacksonStone is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 12:35 PM   #200
Raza_actual
"TRF" Member
 
Raza_actual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Philadelphia
Watch: Monaco
Posts: 391
As I recall, when the 116610 was released, they continued to sell the 14060M alongside it for a couple of years before the 114060 came out. I wouldn’t be surprised to see production continue for a while before the BLNR is dropped officially.
__________________
TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Tudor Ranger|Rolex Submariner
Raza_actual is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 12:36 PM   #201
JacksonStone
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStone View Post
Now many AD websites are no longer showing the BLNR, LN or YG green-dial GMTs; many of those ADs port their lists directly from Rolex.
So saying, both Ben Bridge and Govberg are showing exactly that. Both website displays are identical. Rolex's own website has not changed yet.
JacksonStone is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 12:40 PM   #202
superstarmar
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: In Motion
Watch: my wrist presence
Posts: 7,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStone View Post
Considering the catalog issued at Basel does not list either the BLNR or the LN GMTs, what makes you so certain this is fake? Now many AD websites are no longer showing the BLNR, LN or YG green-dial GMTs; many of those ADs port their lists directly from Rolex. I'm not saying it's a certainty, but there is certainly enough information available to suggest it's a realistic possibility. Summarily rejecting all information and saying "Fake News" is the equivalent of a person sticking his fingers in his ears and shouting, "La la la la la!" What's the harm in considering and discussing the information available?
Every AD website that I’ve seen redirects you to the Rolex
website. As far as the catalog at Basel it might only
be a summarized catalog pertaining to the new
releases and NOT the entire line up ...
So until it’s official, it’s FAKE news ... that’s my
opinion and you don’t have to like it or accept it ...

I know BLNR owners are salivating for this to happen so their
watch will skyrocket...
superstarmar is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 12:40 PM   #203
Luchi12
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bermuda
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaien View Post
Umm... *jaw drops on floor*

Was the $850 gift card IN ADDITION to the $8,650 price?

And, what if you'd paid with a rewards CC? Good gravy...

At least this will be a story to talk about for forever!
In addition to the price. That price is the retail price here, no discount. Voucher could be used against future purchases. It wasn’t a one off, they do these kind of things all the time, for example a friend of mine bought a hulk a couple of months ago for $8,850 and got a $700 voucher and a Rolex tie as a gift.

I managed to get a SD43 in May from this AD for $10,800 out the door, the very first one they had delivered ever even though I had never purchased a single thing from the AD before!

Therefore, I thought I’ll wait until next year and take up one of their offers then but now it looks like the BLNR is gone! On the plus side I am on the list for the BLRO.
Luchi12 is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 12:43 PM   #204
Luchi12
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bermuda
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarmar View Post
Every AD website that I’ve seen redirects you to the Rolex
website. As far as the catalog at Basel it might only
be a summarized catalog pertaining to the new
releases and NOT the entire line up ...
So until it’s official, it’s FAKE news ... that’s my
opinion and you don’t have to like it or accept it ...

I know BLNR owners are salivating for this to happen so their
watch will skyrocket...
There’s another thread with the full catalog and it includes the entire lineup but is missing the BLNR, LN and YG GMT
Luchi12 is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 12:44 PM   #205
DHPSU
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: NYC
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchi12 View Post
There’s another thread with the full catalog and it includes the entire lineup but is missing the BLNR, LN and YG GMT


Which thread?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DHPSU is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 12:44 PM   #206
JacksonStone
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raza_actual View Post
As I recall, when the 116610 was released, they continued to sell the 14060M alongside it for a couple of years before the 114060 came out. I wouldn’t be surprised to see production continue for a while before the BLNR is dropped officially.
The 14060M continued to be listed as an available model and could still be ordered during the SubC transition phase. The BLNR, LN and (possibly) green-dial YG are not in the catalog, assuming the one at Basel is the one that will be distributed to ADs.
JacksonStone is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 12:47 PM   #207
superstarmar
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: In Motion
Watch: my wrist presence
Posts: 7,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchi12 View Post
There’s another thread with the full catalog and it includes the entire lineup but is missing the BLNR, LN and YG GMT
Just as there is a NEW and IMPROVED BLRO in SS
So there will be a NEW and IMPROVED BLNR...
Not really interested in the others but I can’t imagine
Rolex will ditch the classic LN...
superstarmar is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 12:47 PM   #208
Luchi12
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bermuda
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHPSU View Post
Which thread?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=594691
Luchi12 is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 12:50 PM   #209
JacksonStone
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarmar View Post
Every AD website that I’ve seen redirects you to the Rolex
website. As far as the catalog at Basel it might only
be a summarized catalog pertaining to the new
releases and NOT the entire line up ...
So until it’s official, it’s FAKE news ... that’s my
opinion and you don’t have to like it or accept it ...

I know BLNR owners are salivating for this to happen so their
watch will skyrocket...
Here's a screen cap of the Govberg website showing the extent of what they list as current GMT offerings. It matches the catalog pics that have been posted.

For the record, I don't own a BLNR.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Govberg-GMT.jpg (112.1 KB, 220 views)
JacksonStone is offline  
Old 27 March 2018, 12:53 PM   #210
JacksonStone
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarmar View Post
Just as there is a NEW and IMPROVED BLRO in SS
So there will be a NEW and IMPROVED BLNR...
Not really interested in the others but I can’t imagine
Rolex will ditch the classic LN...
Quite possibly, but when? We just had Basel. If the BLNR is disco'd as of now, we could be without a replacement for a while.
JacksonStone is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

My Watch LLC

OCWatches

DavidSW Watches

Wrist Aficionado

Takuya Watches

Asset Appeal


*Banners Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright ©2004-2024, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.