The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 18 October 2021, 12:08 AM   #1
Luke0968
"TRF" Member

Rolex Submariner 124060 - waiting list for London ADs

Hi all,

Firstly, apologies - I imagine this topic has been discussed at length elsewhere on this forum

I wanted to get your opinion on something. Some context - I’m looking to purchase a Rolex Submariner (124060). I appreciate it was released last year and so a little late in the game. I’ve contacted a bunch of ADs in London (and surrounding areas) and Dubai and have been told demand outstrips supply (of course!) and that I couldn’t even get on the waiting list

I’m willing to wait however long it takes to get a Submariner, but what I find strange is that I can’t even get on a list. Is this something new or have other people experienced similar? Any recommendations on how I should approach this? I’ve contacted ADs in other areas across the U.K., however, they all require an in person consultation and the cost of travel to these areas would start racking up

If the only other option is the grey market, I guess Rolex isn’t the brand for me!!!
Luke0968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2021, 01:21 AM   #2
Atone
"TRF" Member

Watch: TinTin!
This topic is discussed multiple times daily. Have a look in the “Rolex” sub forum. You’ll find plenty of advice, experiences and “suggestions” for whatever they may be worth. Generally boils down to:
1) wait and/or forget about it
2) buy grey
Old 18 October 2021, 02:47 AM   #3
justjay82
"TRF" Member

I just got a 124060 last week from my AD, so it is possible. Just keep after it. Good luck!
justjay82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2021, 03:58 AM   #4
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Why would any AD give you free cash if they don’t know you. They get these requests multiple times per day. You have to stand out
Old 18 October 2021, 04:13 AM   #5
TimepieceRPP
"TRF" Member

Buy something first so to let the ADs know you and so called purchase history, then ask for your name down on the list and then wait, plus monthly visit so let the ADs remember you. Be patient.

Or go grey.

If you re in London, I would say forget it and go grey directly, unless you re celebrity or a big spender.

Go to family owned ADs you may have better chance.

I am kinda of sick of this kissing ass games and starting to go grey, of course I am still on the so called wish list, but like SkyD blue or Daytona I am sure I won't get them from ADs so I will go grey.

Good luck.
TimepieceRPP is offline   Reply With Quote