The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 18 October 2021, 03:43 PM   #1
Jaystrab02
"TRF" Member

Help with Rolex Milgauss 6541

Hello Rolex community!

I’m new to this forum. I was trying to get some help with my current situation. I acquired an estate lot from a watchmaker and found an old Milgauss in a project tin. It is the version with a honeycomb dial and no lume so I have done some research to determine if is most likely a later version of the 6541. It has a little rust around the triangular markers but in great condition. It does not seem to be a replica from what I’ve seen. I’ve looked at the Minh dial but the “R” in Oyster-Perpetual is different. It has the antimagnetic cage and a 1065 movement which is puzzling to me but I have seen some with the 1066 movement but also some posts that a 1065 M will fit so I don’t know if that is the original movement or if it was meant to be used with the watch as a build. I was hoping to get the dial and movement recased and maybe eventually pick up a riveted bracelet but that will be later on down the line. I was hoping someone could help provide any potential options. I know the case should be a 38mm but I was curious if maybe anyone knew any genuine Rolex cases that would also fit. Maybe a case reference from a sub or any other piece. I want to use a genuine case if possible but I have also seen that there is a Minh case that is a very close replica. I was hoping that anyone could provide any advice or information on the 1065 movement and if it will work for this watch if it had the antimagnetic cage. Thank you very much I really appreciate any help and insight. Also if anyone knows if I can use any bezels aside from the available replica ones?

Regard,
Jaystrab02
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A499DE3F-1B70-4D33-B379-33E01F9ED35D.jpeg (121.3 KB, 259 views)
Jaystrab02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2021, 10:04 PM   #2
harry in montreal
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Habs pick 1st!
Not the typical ‘is my watch vintage yet?’ Kind of post!
Would you be willing to share a better photo of your dial. Looks like a potential gem if it checks out
harry in montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2021, 11:18 PM   #3
dhknola
"TRF" Member

Could be an insanely cool find. Definitely more photos that are closer with better detail and the bits with the dial may add to the story.
dhknola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2021, 10:31 AM   #4
zapokee
"TRF" Member

Under no circumstances should this be put in a replica case. Do it properly if you're going to do it.
zapokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2021, 12:30 PM   #5
alwayshere
"TRF" Member

amazing find if its genuine. we need better pics.
alwayshere is offline   Reply With Quote