The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 29 September 2021, 05:48 AM   #31
Oyster Sauce
"TRF" Member

Between those two, I'd take the GS. If the Rolex had the plain blue dial, I'd go DJ. Best wishes
Oyster Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2021, 07:59 AM   #32
asiparks
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the Detectives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locust View Post
Feel like I was just caught with a broken off bud light bottle trying to shank a guy at the billiards table. ��
Sometimes, people need an enthusiastic poking with pointy glass....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBoost View Post
But to the OP, shouldn't the comparison be this?

Attachment 1246592Attachment 1246590

In other words, if the fluted/jubilee is the DJ you want then I'm not sure how the GS is even in the running? They are night and day different looks. And conversely, if the GS is in the running then wouldn't you want the equally casual/sporty DJ configuration?

Of the two I posted the GS wins for dial and movement. The Rolex wins for price. Oh, and for the obviously superior bracelet lolol
Your balanced, level headed reasoning and sensible comparisons are not welcome here !
Old 29 September 2021, 01:11 PM   #33
AF_Rob
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub/Polar/OP/BB
Out of the two models, the GS is the better looking watch. Not a fan of that Rolex dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AF_Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 07:38 AM   #34
danicasi2002
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Damn, just walked into a bar fight over bracelets. So THIS is where all the action is on TRF :)

In other words, if the fluted/jubilee is the DJ you want then I'm not sure how the GS is even in the running? They are night and day different looks. And conversely, if the GS is in the running then wouldn't you want the equally casual/sporty DJ configuration?

Of the two I posted the GS wins for dial and movement. The Rolex wins for price. Oh, and for the obviously superior bracelet lolol
Fair point on having like features between the two; I was trying to match instead the price. I conveyed my interest to my local Rolex SA on the blue DJ36 because I am fascinated by the dial as a deviation from the sunburst blue dial. But as you all know there is no ETA nor would I know what bezel/band combination will arrive. I spoke to a Florida GS AD dealer and they have one more piece on pre-order for which the buyer backed out so I was able to take the spot. But they also said that Seiko at times may not be able to fill their complete order so I may be on the losing end. What is "trending" from the replies to this thread (and thank all fellow TRFers), each piece has certain features which can be more appealing than with other watch - dial/caseback/movement for SLGA007 and case/bracelet/the name for Rolex. I plan to take only one to add to my collection and since it appears one cannot go wrong on either blue dialed timepiece, it would be prudent to take which one comes first.
danicasi2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 07:41 AM   #35
HiBoost
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicasi2002 View Post
But as you all know there is no ETA nor would I know what bezel/band combination will arrive.
Two ADs have told me that they can still place orders for 36mm Datejusts (41mm can no longer be ordered in any configuration). I would suggest trying that route if you decide that's the watch you prefer.
HiBoost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2021, 12:40 AM   #36
jswing
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060/124270/BB54
Quote:
Damn, just walked into a bar fight over bracelets. So THIS is where all the action is on TRF :)

Attachment 1246592Attachment 1246590

If these were the choices I'd pick the GS, but add the fluted bezel and jubilee and I go for the DJ. Amazing how different the two DJ versions are.
jswing is offline   Reply With Quote