The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 2 July 2019, 05:17 AM   #1
forcinitijp
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 14060M/214270
Some recommendation for missing watch sold on Ebay

Last Thursday I sold a Tag heuer watch for ebay, I shipped it for USPS on Friday, insured and the mail label I bought it for Ebay, the watch was in its vacuum packed box, with a sleeve on the vacuum bag and inside a very well closed box ... today the seller contacts me after 2 hours of having received it and he tells me that the clock is not sending me the pictures of the box ... but I can not assure with the photos well what happened. .. I already made the claim in USPS ... any recommendation to do in Ebay ... or I already give it for lost?

Thanks for yours recommendations!
forcinitijp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2019, 05:31 AM   #2
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by forcinitijp View Post
Last Thursday I sold a Tag heuer watch for ebay, I shipped it for USPS on Friday, insured and the mail label I bought it for Ebay, the watch was in its vacuum packed box, with a sleeve on the vacuum bag and inside a very well closed box ... today the seller contacts me after 2 hours of having received it and he tells me that the clock is not sending me the pictures of the box ... but I can not assure with the photos well what happened. .. I already made the claim in USPS ... any recommendation to do in Ebay ... or I already give it for lost?

Thanks for yours recommendations!
What does this mean??
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2019, 05:37 AM   #3
forcinitijp
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
What does this mean??
?
Apparently USPS stole a watch that I sold by ebay ... there is something that can be done from ebay in addition to the insurance claim in USPS or I sit in a chair and let me fornicate

in italiano, potrebbe essere capito meglio ...
Old 2 July 2019, 05:39 AM   #4
ashbaug2
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
Ebay is risky, especially for the seller, where ebay's/PayPal's policies are pointedly designed to protect the buyer and sometimes screw the seller. If it went through PayPal, you can open a claim with them, same with eBay, but be prepared to have eBay pull the funds immediately and return them to the buyer. I've read of this multiple times here on this forum, which is why I have chosen not to do big transactions on that site anymore.

Do you have pictures or video or you putting it into the box and sealing it? Anything you have may help with your case when you are contacted by eBay/PP.

I don't believe the timeline matters much, whether the buyer had it for 2 hours or 2 minutes is irrelevant, as a watch can be pocketed and pictures taken in minutes just as likely as someone can receive a package and not be able to get around to opening it for a couple of hours.

Good luck resolving the issue, but we rarely see these resolved for both parties...
ashbaug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2019, 05:42 AM   #5
ashbaug2
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
Quote:
?
Apparently USPS stole a watch that I sold by ebay ... there is something that can be done from ebay in addition to the insurance claim in USPS or I sit in a chair and let me fornicate

Interesting translation here, but I believe Knappo_1307 was simply confused by your broken English. It honestly took me a few reads to fully get it, as well.

File a claim with eBay and PayPal. That is your first step.
ashbaug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2019, 05:44 AM   #6
forcinitijp
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbaug2 View Post
Ebay is risky, especially for the seller, where ebay's/PayPal's policies are pointedly designed to protect the buyer and sometimes screw the seller. If it went through PayPal, you can open a claim with them, same with eBay, but be prepared to have eBay pull the funds immediately and return them to the buyer. I've read of this multiple times here on this forum, which is why I have chosen not to do big transactions on that site anymore.

Do you have pictures or video or you putting it into the box and sealing it? Anything you have may help with your case when you are contacted by eBay/PP.

I don't believe the timeline matters much, whether the buyer had it for 2 hours or 2 minutes is irrelevant, as a watch can be pocketed and pictures taken in minutes just as likely as someone can receive a package and not be able to get around to opening it for a couple of hours.

Good luck resolving the issue, but we rarely see these resolved for both parties...
Thanks! I use google translator ....
Old 2 July 2019, 06:32 AM   #7
Knappo 1307

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbaug2 View Post
Interesting translation here, but I believe Knappo_1307 was simply confused by your broken English. It honestly took me a few reads to fully get it, as well.

File a claim with eBay and PayPal. That is your first step.
Thanks, wasn't quite getting the lingo....
Old 2 July 2019, 06:34 AM   #8
Knappo 1307

Quote:
?

for·ni·cate
/ˈfôrnəˌkāt/
verbFORMAL•HUMOROUS
(of two people not married to each other) have sexual intercourse.

Sounds better than dealing with eBay or USPS..
Old 2 July 2019, 06:40 AM   #9
forcinitijp
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
for·ni·cate
/ˈfôrnəˌkāt/
verbFORMAL•HUMOROUS
(of two people not married to each other) have sexual intercourse.

Sounds better than dealing with eBay or USPS..
Yes, they are a headache, because it's not just the money ... it's the time to put the claims on USPS and Ebay ... the time lost wrapping and carrying the package ... a total nuisance.
Old 2 July 2019, 09:11 AM   #10
southtexas

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are probably fornicated. Your buyer received a box in the mail. He claims it was empty. USPS delivered the box, they will probably claim their job is done with no liability. Unless the buyer is a known hacked account, eBay will most likely side with the buyer and claim you sent an empty box.

Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow me on Instagram @ccrolex
southtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2019, 09:32 AM   #11
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

There is Ebay and PP Seller protection. How useful that is will probably be debated. OP can you let us know more about the buyer. Maybe link the Ebay listing. Was the persons account new with low feedback? If older account anything suspicious in the f/b history, like big gaps in feedback or loads of low value purchases.
You need to get as much supporting evidence to support your claim that you have been scammed.
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2019, 10:17 AM   #12
forcinitijp
2024 Pledge Member

Yes, I know ... and that's why my disappointment ... the buyer seems to be a correct and honest person ... so what it seems is that the package has been manipulated by usps ... it will be a matter of seeing what it says the insurance and that the USPS checks the weight of the package at the time of delivery. thanks guys for the comments and for understanding my terrible google translations
Old 2 July 2019, 10:37 AM   #13
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Its a Federal Offense to mess with the US Mail. I find it hard to believe it was an inside job.
Did you ship from the USA? What indications did the package have that it might contain something of value inside? Did the buyer sign for it? Any evidence the package had been opened?
Old 2 July 2019, 10:38 AM   #14
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
... the buyer seems to be a correct and honest person \
based on what?
Old 2 July 2019, 11:12 AM   #15
forcinitijp
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorradoBrit View Post
based on what?
I sent it from Delaware to Texas, the person who received it told me that it was signed by an employee, I have the proof of the signature, and the photos that he sent me with the package supposedly forced and resealed, the name and surname of the buyer it's correct, I contacted by linkedin, the buyer accepted my request, and the address is from his office Farrow a logistics company in texas ... it seems all normal
Old 2 July 2019, 11:16 AM   #16
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
it was signed by an employee,
That could be the problem. In all the years/decades I've shipped USPS, package has NEVER been opened and resealed. Packages have been delivered to the wrong address but never tampered with.
Old 2 July 2019, 11:18 AM   #17
forcinitijp
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
That could be the problem. In all the years/decades I've shipped USPS, package has NEVER been opened and resealed. Packages have been delivered to the wrong address but never tampered with.
that's what I think, but nothing makes me doubt the buyer ... it's a big mess ... I hope the insurance investigates a little more thoroughly
Old 3 July 2019, 11:42 PM   #18
Gtecko
"TRF" Member

how are you going to prove anything here?
Gtecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2019, 11:59 PM   #19
Aquaholic_user
"TRF" Member

Usually when shipping anything I take a video of the entire packaging process. Not sure how much it will help if the item gets lost, but its something I can send in on my part. I just recently sold 2 watches on Ebay like this morning. I'm hoping nothing like this happens. In the decades of buying/selling goods I have never had a problem thankfully. Well see how it goes. I hope your issues get resolved and you get some kind of refund.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Aquaholic_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 02:31 AM   #20
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Juan, are you certain the buyer isn't filing a frivolous claim? Meaning, is it possible that s/he took the watch and claimed there was nothing in the package?

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 10:28 AM   #21
forcinitijp
2024 Pledge Member

Update

Quote:
The Buyer of Ebay wrote to me, after I told him that I was going to file a complaint with the FBI and they were going to open a federal investigation ... people are very funny ...

Juan Pablo wanted to dial you on the phone to ask for an apology in person and the clock went out. The boy from the warehouse wanted to play a joke with me (not a good joke) until I told them there was going to be an investigation and FEDERAL and it came out that he had taken it out and re-packed it. I already took care of him and sent him home for a week without pay because this is not a joke I leave my number in case you want to mark me and I ask you again to apologize.
Old 4 July 2019, 11:03 AM   #22
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The Buyer of Ebay wrote to me, after I told him that I was going to file a complaint with the FBI and they were going to open a federal investigation ... people are very funny ...

Juan Pablo wanted to dial you on the phone to ask for an apology in person and the clock went out. The boy from the warehouse wanted to play a joke with me (not a good joke) until I told them there was going to be an investigation and FEDERAL and it came out that he had taken it out and re-packed it. I already took care of him and sent him home for a week without pay because this is not a joke I leave my number in case you want to mark me and I ask you again to apologize.
Crazy. Maybe that buyer needs to change his delivery address in future. Alls well that ends well.
Old 4 July 2019, 11:07 AM   #23
forcinitijp
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Crazy. Maybe that buyer needs to change his delivery address in future. Alls well that ends well.
Yes, the funny thing is that the joke lasted 3 days and he told me that he heard the mail person when he arrived and the package was received by his secretary

people sometimes for a few dollars do not have moral
Old 4 July 2019, 11:10 AM   #24
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes, the funny thing is that the joke lasted 3 days and he told me that he heard the mail person when he arrived and the package was received by his secretary

people sometimes for a few dollars do not have moral
So the buyer was continuing with the pretense even after getting the watch from the 'joker'. And he only came clean when you mentioned the Federal Investigation?
Old 4 July 2019, 11:20 AM   #25
MoosicPa
"TRF" Member

Watch: King Midas & Subma
The buyer is a con-man! You should expose him here so we all know to avoid. He keeps changing his story, first the secretary got the package, then some boy from the warehouse! He tried to scam you, keep the watch and claim it was stolen to get money back. He's a third rate con.
MoosicPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 11:23 AM   #26
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosicPa View Post
The buyer is a con-man! You should expose him here so we all know to avoid. He keeps changing his story, first the secretary got the package, then some boy from the warehouse! He tried to scam you, keep the watch and claim it was stolen to get money back. He's a third rate con.
Agreed completely. This must be reported to Ebay immediately so he can't try and pull this stunt on another unsuspecting seller.
Old 4 July 2019, 11:28 AM   #27
Andad

Watch: A few.
The buyers story is full of big holes.

Where this goes from here is up to you Juan.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 11:46 AM   #28
forcinitijp
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosicPa View Post
Whoever wants their identity, I pass it privately, I can not expose anyone publicly
Old 4 July 2019, 11:51 AM   #29
forcinitijp
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
The buyers story is full of big holes.

Where this goes from here is up to you Juan.
Although I know the truth, I will give you the benefit of the doubt ... just because I do not want to waste more time
Old 4 July 2019, 11:52 AM   #30
forcinitijp
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Agreed completely. This must be reported to Ebay immediately so he can't try and pull this stunt on another unsuspecting seller.
yes, And I will do it