The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 13 August 2018, 10:17 AM   #1
Switzerland
Banned

Trolls and bullies (MODS?)

Hello forum members

In my short time here I noticed many trolls and bullying behavior here already.

Is this the standard for a Rolex Forum ?

Look at this...

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=619290
Switzerland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 10:54 AM   #2
AF_Rob
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub/Polar/OP/BB
Trolls and bullies (MODS?)

You appear in that thread for the first time by saying they only buy it to show off and know nothing of horology.

Then create a new thread to complain about bullies on this forum. In my experience, you only find trouble here when you look for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AF_Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 10:59 AM   #3
Switzerland
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF_Rob View Post
You appear in that thread for the first time by saying they only buy it to show off and know nothing of horology.

Then create a new thread to complain about bullies on this forum. In my experience, you only find trouble here, when you look for it.

Well, the difference here see is, I wasn't talking about any forum member but some stars...it's gossip if you will. Now, people attacking other forum members behind their screens (which is sort off coward because face to face that would never happen) who do read this attacks is trolling and bullying. It doesn't really matter to me because they don't me. But I've seen this a lot here already and am wondering if it's a standard here.
Old 13 August 2018, 11:02 AM   #4
august1410
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1983 15003
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF_Rob View Post

Then create a new thread to complain about bullies on this forum. In my experience, you only find trouble here when you look for it.

I concur. I've found this forum to be a LOT more civil and polite than some others I am on.

I just read the thread that was referenced. A lot of sweeping generalization about certain demographics that is incorrect and inflammatory.
Old 13 August 2018, 11:10 AM   #5
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switzerland View Post
Hello forum members

In my short time here I noticed many trolls and bullying behavior here already.

Look at this...

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=619290
I agree that you were treated unfairly on that thread and feel that one poster there should be banned.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 11:18 AM   #6
august1410
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1983 15003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
I agree that you were treated unfairly on that thread and feel that one poster there should be banned.
There is a lot going on in that thread. The thread should be nuked.
Old 13 August 2018, 11:25 AM   #7
THC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16610M
Mods always know what is up.. just sayin
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 11:31 AM   #8
BKhunaB
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by august1410 View Post
i concur. I've found this forum to be a lot more civil and polite than some others i am on.

I just read the thread that was referenced. A lot of sweeping generalization about certain demographics that is incorrect and inflammatory.
+1
BKhunaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 01:27 PM   #9
ckaynyc
"TRF" Member

If anything you were the one trolling, generalizing a group of people based on their career.
ckaynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 01:34 PM   #10
Investr
Banned

Watch: Constantly changes
Two words- cowboy up.....
Investr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 01:48 PM   #11
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Grail:Bluesy
Every one of us has our own set of stereotypes and generalisations that we feel are valid.
Nothing wrong with opinions, it is how they are expressed that is the issue.
We need to avoid saying things that are overtly offensive and also responding to things that we view as offensive in an equally offensive way.

Foundation Member of 'Horologists Anonymous' "Hi, I'm Rocky, and I'm a Horologist..."
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 01:59 PM   #12
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Investr View Post
Two words- cowboy up.....
This^

No ones is "insulting you"...
This is the internet. I can only hope you have more important things to worry about.
Old 13 August 2018, 02:14 PM   #13
swatty
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Game
Quote:

Short answer is no, the mods do a great job here
Old 13 August 2018, 02:32 PM   #14
dbluevette
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckaynyc View Post
If anything you were the one trolling, generalizing a group of people based on their career.
I agree with this statement from an unbiased perspective. I went back to read that whole thread. And this is what it looks like to me.
dbluevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 03:46 PM   #15
1st amg
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
I don't know why I just wasted 3 minutes reading that thread, you are a new member who came in and rattled your cow bells. Looks like the mods have been alerted by closing that thread and I suspect you are on a very short leash.
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 04:35 PM   #16
Terrakot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex LVc/BLNR
TRF is just like the modern western world, where everyone is offended by everything. First step to public censorship and brainwashing
Old 13 August 2018, 05:49 PM   #17
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
i don't know why i just wasted 3 minutes reading that thread, you are a new member who came in and rattled your cow bells. Looks like the mods have been alerted by closing that thread and i suspect you are on a very short leash.
+1
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 06:00 PM   #18
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well, the difference here see is, I wasn't talking about any forum member but some stars...it's gossip if you will. Now, people attacking other forum members behind their screens (which is sort off coward because face to face that would never happen) who do read this attacks is trolling and bullying. It doesn't really matter to me because they don't me. But I've seen this a lot here already and am wondering if it's a standard here.
I believe I’m the one you had a problem with. I find it ironic you’d complain about bullying than call me a coward. I was a professional boxer and a weightlifting champion and have never had much problem saying anything to anyone’s face.

As for your comments, you came into a thread to complain that rappers (meaning black people), don’t know about or respect horology. You called Travis Scott a “trapper,” which is a drug dealer. He is not a drug dealer and doesn’t even make trap music. These comments are horrifyingly ignorant. What is it about Mr. Scott, who owns a Calatrava and a 5131 that makes you think he knows nothing about watches and only wears bling? Any insight behind the color of his skin?

This is a recurring theme here and one that is undoubtedly racist. Maybe you can’t see it or maybe you think it’s fine to hide your prejudices behind code words, but I notice nobody ever seems to complain about white musicians or athletes wearing watches, even when adorned with diamonds.

Frankly, those sorts of comments about “rappers” not appreciating watches or ruining watches or “pimping” out watches and everything of that nature should be banned around here. It’s gross and obvious and demeans the community.

If you’re ever in NYC, I’m happy to have this conversation face to face.
Marciano490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 06:22 PM   #19
Moggo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610, SD4K, Exp 1
I think this is one of the most civil forums on the internet. Some disagreement but on the whole a great group of people.

If anyone is overtly rude they get put straight by other members, it almost self polices itself.

You think this is bad try some of the Mac forums and such.....

Moggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 06:36 PM   #20
joli160
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
You made a generalising statement and got some replies on that.
Was to be expected.
Name calling as you were subjected to is wrong I agree.
People are sensitive nowadays.

Best is to ignore an answer that seems to be over the top and is becoming personal.

The mods do take care and do a very good job, the thread was closed to avoid further escalation.
Old 13 August 2018, 06:41 PM   #21
watchbowl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckaynyc View Post

This

watchbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 07:10 PM   #22
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano490 View Post
I believe I’m the one you had a problem with. I find it ironic you’d complain about bullying than call me a coward. I was a professional boxer and a weightlifting champion and have never had much problem saying anything to anyone’s face.

As for your comments, you came into a thread to complain that rappers (meaning black people), don’t know about or respect horology. You called Travis Scott a “trapper,” which is a drug dealer. He is not a drug dealer and doesn’t even make trap music. These comments are horrifyingly ignorant. What is it about Mr. Scott, who owns a Calatrava and a 5131 that makes you think he knows nothing about watches and only wears bling? Any insight behind the color of his skin?

This is a recurring theme here and one that is undoubtedly racist. Maybe you can’t see it or maybe you think it’s fine to hide your prejudices behind code words, but I notice nobody ever seems to complain about white musicians or athletes wearing watches, even when adorned with diamonds.

Frankly, those sorts of comments about “rappers” not appreciating watches or ruining watches or “pimping” out watches and everything of that nature should be banned around here. It’s gross and obvious and demeans the community.

FWIW, I agreed with you...mostly. Until this post.

Now you are generalizing about the community here. And you have done exactly what you are condemning.

IMHO, you are both out of line.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 08:48 PM   #23
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Pass me the button Seth.

We have important watch stuff to discuss.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 09:12 PM   #24
artschool
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
FWIW, I agreed with you...mostly. Until this post.

Now you are generalizing about the community here. And you have done exactly what you are condemning.

IMHO, you are both out of line.
I agree with you.
artschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 09:14 PM   #25
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
My experience on TRF is you get what you give. This Forum is the best and most respectful watch platform I have ever been on. On occasion, there may be an issue, but usually it is with new members with low post counts who appear not to have not spent the time reading on here. I learned how to interact by reading how others do it. Both positive and negative.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 09:18 PM   #26
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Why can’t we all just get along
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 09:21 PM   #27
Switzerland
Banned

Quote:

Is this serious ? Let me tell you Marciano. I do have no fear. So get outta here with your little menacing boxer talk. Like i'd love to spend some time with you in NY...

I won't say no more on this thread.
Old 13 August 2018, 09:24 PM   #28
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
And I won’t say no more (sic).

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 09:36 PM   #29
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:

Quote:
Is this serious ? Let me tell you Marciano. I do have no fear. So get outta here with your little menacing boxer talk. Like i'd love to spend some time with you in NY...

I won't say no more on this thread.Exactly that
I will say this once and once only cool it both of you,and a very very strong suggestion if I was you,don't argue with any moderator.As you will lose the argument every time,plus it will be the last time you ever-lose on forum as it will be your last posting on TRF.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 09:39 PM   #30
City74
Banned

Watch: Speedy Reduced
If your not wearing your big girl panties you really shouldn’t be involved with online forums

City74 is offline   Reply With Quote