The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 26 July 2022, 04:11 AM   #1
HelloMelo
"TRF" Member

Ming 37.07

Ming just announced their new mosaic dial 37.07 on their website. Is anyone thinking of purchasing one? 50% deposit (about $1600) required on order.

Deliveries to be expected towards the second half of 2023. I was thinking of putting in an order but a year wait just seems too long. Thoughts?

"When we unveiled the original Mosaic in 2020, there was a lot of demand to have something similar in a more accessible model. Given the nature of the sapphire-based process however, this is not possible as each mosaic dial costs quite a bit more than an entire 17-series watch to produce. But the requests didn’t stop, and MT never stopped working on a visually similar – and yet, unique – process to try and bring the same depth to a larger audience.

Our fifth anniversary feels like an appropriate time to share the results of these efforts. Enter 37.07: a matured take on the same daily wearing, horologically solid concept that gave birth to our very first watch, the 17.01. The 37.07 is reductivist, radially symmetric, layered, nuanced, has a central texture, a hand wind movement, and sits at an accessible point in our lineup. It remains a collaborative effort with Manufacture Schwarz-Etienne for engineering and assembly. The similarities end there however as it’s also much more than that.

37.07 has a complex case that requires multi-axis machining to create and finish the lug twist that extends from case flanks to the bottom of the lugs. The case is in 316L stainless steel for more wrist presence and now has a sapphire caseback to display the hand-winding SW210.M1 in a configuration unique to us – some of you may correctly recognize this as sharing a base with the 37.05 Moonphase. It’s still an inclusively wearable 38mm in diameter but wears much larger thanks to the minimal bezel; all the better to show off the new dial as well.

The star of the show – the dial – uses Super-LumiNova set on the centre of a brass dial; with the outer portion circular brushed. The inner portion of the dial hosts a three-layer printed mosaic (on upper, lower surfaces of the sapphire and the lower brass dial). The mosaic pattern comprises gradient and luminous elements as well. The result is layered, deep, luminous, and inversive at the same time – as has become our signature.

This watch is intended to be your everyday companion through life; 100m water resistance and a matching watersafe rubber strap by Jean Rousseau reinforces that. The strap is a new design compatible with our tuck-under buckle debuted with the 37.05.

As this is our fifth anniversary special and to make the 37.07 as accessible as possible, we are once again implementing a time-limited order process. Watches will be available to purchase in two windows:

1) 29 July 2022, 2-2.15AM GMT, which is:

7-7.15PM (28 July) in San Francisco
10-10.15PM (28 July) in New York
3-3.15AM in London
4-4.15AM in Geneva
6-6.15AM in Dubai
10-10.15AM in Kuala Lumpur
11-11.15AM in Tokyo
12-12.15PM in Melbourne
2) 29 July 2022, 1-1.15PM GMT, which is:

6-6.15AM in San Francisco
9-9.15AM in New York
2-2.15PM in London
3-3.15PM in Geneva
5-5.15PM in Dubai
9-9.15PM in Kuala Lumpur
10-10.15PM in Tokyo
11-11.15PM in Melbourne
The 37.07 retails for CHF 3,250 with a 50% non-refundable deposit (CHF 1,625) required to confirm orders.

For time limited releases:

All orders received during the order windows will be guaranteed a watch
Delivery will begin in May 2023 and conclusion depends on how many watches we have to make. Please note that deliveries may extend until the end of 2023 as it is dependent on how many watches are ordered.
Once the order windows close, we will not take any further orders. This variants of the 37.07 will be discontinued and not produced again
A few, final and cordial reminders:

Watches are only available at www.ming.watch on a first come, first serve basis.
There is a limit of one watch per customer.
Our ordering system has a cart hold. Once a watch is added to the cart, it is reserved for 5 minutes or until one payment attempt is completed. If you are unable to add a watch to cart immediately, we recommend trying back in a few minutes when holds may have been released.
We will email everybody on the respective lists but we have limited control over servers and syncing and cannot guarantee emails will arrive exactly on time.
At this time, we accept payments via VISA and MasterCard only.
Payment approvals and automated fraud checks are conducted by the issuing bank and not under our control.
We recommend the use of credit cards over debit cards
Please check with your bank that your card is 3D Secure enabled
We also recommend informing your bank about the transaction in advance. Payments are captured in Malaysia, the currency for the payment is Swiss Francs (CHF) and the entity is 'Horologer MING'.
We do not recommend the use of the 'AutoFill' feature on your browser for the credit card information. We recommend inputting the actual card number, expiry date and security code manually.
As always and if you have any additional questions, we remain at your disposal at hello@ming.watch.

- Team MING"
HelloMelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 04:14 AM   #2
HelloMelo
"TRF" Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 26 July 2022, 04:17 AM   #3
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Just be sure your credit card company is aware before buying, ask Ming for details.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 04:18 AM   #4
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

I think it looks neat and a lot more original than what else you see especially at the price point. Main sticking point is the time to delivery for me. I finally just got my 17.09 after delays and lost all excitement I had for it, it's sitting unworn in the box.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 04:20 AM   #5
HelloMelo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
I think it looks neat and a lot more original than what else you see especially at the price point. Main sticking point is the time to delivery for me. I finally just got my 17.09 after delays and lost all excitement I had for it, it's sitting unworn in the box.
That's exactly what I'm afraid of. And only 4 days to decide whether I want to put in order or not for a watch I won't be getting until late next year.... I love the look of the watch though.
Old 26 July 2022, 04:20 AM   #6
HelloMelo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Just be sure your credit card company is aware before buying, ask Ming for details.
That's a great tip. Read it on the website that the the payments will be processed in Malaysia. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 26 July 2022, 04:35 AM   #7
JMac6
"TRF" Member

This is my favorite Ming to date. Still unsure whether I will order, but it has everything I like about Ming.
JMac6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 04:37 AM   #8
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Curious the star screws, I don't think I've seen that.
Old 26 July 2022, 06:52 AM   #9
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: P A T E K
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Old 26 July 2022, 07:14 AM   #10
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Looks kinda great
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 07:50 AM   #11
djnick
"TRF" Member

i'll certainly be picking one up as my first ming. Look like a relatively good value and I don't mind that it will ship next year it will be a pleasant surprise when I forget about it and it shows up on my doorstep
djnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 08:35 AM   #12
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Doesn’t appeal to me but I get why it does others.
Old 26 July 2022, 09:45 AM   #13
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Doesn’t appeal to me but I get why it does others.
What’s wrong with you
Old 26 July 2022, 11:48 AM   #14
Enzo954
"TRF" Member

Not loving the white strap.
Enzo954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 12:18 PM   #15
Yobrooks
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo954 View Post
Not loving the white strap.
My thoughts exactly. Dark blues would've been better, imo

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Yobrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 12:51 PM   #16
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
Looks pretty good, 50/50 on whether I'd buy. The waiting a year is a bit much, wish Ming would cut it down to a quarter but makes business sense why they do what they do.
PBJ1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 02:07 PM   #17
Jmaster
"TRF" Member

It looks intriguing, but what do everyone think of the dial? It’s touted as a cheaper version of the mosaic, but I don’t like the look that is more like some printing on the dial. Maybe it’s the pictures, but look less impressive than the mosaic.
Old 26 July 2022, 09:56 PM   #18
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Jmaster.... prefer their simpler dials. Alas, my CC was not accepted due to their weird payment system so missed out on the Ming i truly desired. Can always circle back in a few years if i still feel the same way.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2022, 12:49 AM   #19
Jabs2
"TRF" Member

Completely understand and appreciate the 1 year wait. Ming is not mass producing these watches and are building to order. I wish major watch companies (Rolex, Patek, etc.) would take a deposit and guarantee me allocation within a year.
Would it make people feel better If Ming played the same Rolex game and just added you to a “waitlist” where there’s no guarantee of getting the watch?
Jabs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2022, 12:01 PM   #20
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Oops my fomo kicked in....
Old 29 July 2022, 12:12 PM   #21
djnick
"TRF" Member

No issues carting it on the site but their payment processor sucks kept getting card declines from my international Mastercard but then my US Visa card worked go figure
djnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2022, 12:16 PM   #22
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
The lume alone worth it…..
Old 29 July 2022, 12:22 PM   #23
soho
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Varies
I’m in. No issues with the process, received my confirmation email 3 minutes after the hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
soho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2022, 04:44 PM   #24
yoast
"TRF" Member

Quote:
+1

Managed to order one in the first minute lol
Old 29 July 2022, 05:28 PM   #25
chaosiwe
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub 114060
Have also pulled the trigger. Will be my first MING watch. They promised to provide more precise estimates of shipping dates shortly.

Does anyone know where they ship their watches from? Want to avoid customs charges if possible...

PS. also do not really like the white strap - but should not be a problem to replace
chaosiwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2022, 08:58 PM   #26
chaosiwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosiwe View Post
Have also pulled the trigger. Will be my first MING watch. They promised to provide more precise estimates of shipping dates shortly.

Does anyone know where they ship their watches from? Want to avoid customs charges if possible...

PS. also do not really like the white strap - but should not be a problem to replace
HOORAY!! Looks like people at MING read this forum))
https://www.ming.watch/journal/strap...the-ming-37-07
Old 29 July 2022, 10:23 PM   #27
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:

Exactly.

"By popular demand and based on feedback, we are making one final change. We will offer a choice between two straps* for the MING 37.07 for all customers including the first batch:

The first is the White Rubber Strap seen in a majority of the images, or
A Burgundy Barenia strap, also by Jean Rousseau"
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2022, 10:49 PM   #28
chaosiwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
Exactly.

"By popular demand and based on feedback, we are making one final change. We will offer a choice between two straps* for the MING 37.07 for all customers including the first batch:

The first is the White Rubber Strap seen in a majority of the images, or
A Burgundy Barenia strap, also by Jean Rousseau"
I will go with the second one ))
Old 29 July 2022, 11:11 PM   #29
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: P A T E K
I am in!
Old 30 July 2022, 12:48 AM   #30
soho
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Varies
Ming 37.07

Quote:

I think it’s great that Ming did this.

The strap choice will be tough for me. While I agree that the burgundy is probably the better option as a daily strap, there is something bold about the white that makes it hard to pass on. I guess I have about a week to decide .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
soho is offline   Reply With Quote