The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 May 2023, 03:48 PM   #1
westoque
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Apple Watch
Experience in Richard Mille Boutique

Ok. I know the Richard Mille brand is pretty polarizing. I intially wasn’t interested in them moreso after being able to try the Johan Blake RM 61-01. It just felt too big.

However, recently I’ve been impressed with their other releases, particularly the RM 67-01 and RM 67-02 and figured the dimensions fit me better.

I’m looking into going to the store to try them out and was wondering if anybody has any experience in the boutiques? Are there any watches to try out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
westoque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2023, 04:48 PM   #2
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
Went to RM in LV. Sales staff seemed completely disinterested in me as a walk in. Said immediately they only a couple pieces available. Don't recall if it was a RM39 or RM60 but they made it very clear I'd have to buy a similar piece before an allocation of one of their more desirable pieces.

Zero questions, zero attempt at a relationship. Personally brand is dead to me.
PBJ1925 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2023, 06:39 PM   #3
londonpilgrim
"TRF" Member

They were pretty nice, made it clear it wouldn't be easy getting one and nothing to try on, but nice enough, giving me a drink and hardcover RM book.
londonpilgrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2023, 11:39 PM   #4
brkn
"TRF" Member

they were super nice in Istanbul where the store was completely empty but they asked us if we had any models in mind so we could work it through...
brkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2023, 01:07 AM   #5
raclaims
"TRF" Member

The crew at the NYC boutique are super nice and accommodating...that said don't expect there to be anything to try on. Maybe you'll luck out and someone will be there wearing one...when I picked up my last piece another guy was being delivered his 67-02...so you know, we tried on each others pieces, etc.
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2023, 01:38 AM   #6
-dustin
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ1925 View Post
Went to RM in LV. Sales staff seemed completely disinterested in me as a walk in.
Maybe it was because we were so out of place, but wife and I went in after an 8hr day at Red Rock working an event. The staff was cool as hell. Really turned me onto the brand. This was back in 2014 or 2015, though.
-dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2023, 03:51 AM   #7
Aferrariguy
"TRF" Member

I stopped in the Bal Harbour boutique for fun. They only had one model and it was a round watch that had a deposit on it (50%)

The saleswoman was extremely nice and welcoming and talked about some of the unique aspects of RM.

My girlfriend was struck by the beauty of the saleswoman. I said it must help when it comes time to convince men to part with $850,000 (price of the watch on display)

Aferrariguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2023, 04:30 AM   #8
westoque
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aferrariguy View Post

My girlfriend was struck by the beauty of the saleswoman. I said it must help when it comes time to convince men to part with $850,000 (price of the watch on display)

Totally. I have friends that own a supercar dealership in Miami and this is certainly part of the allure.

Old 24 May 2023, 05:58 AM   #9
RTG
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sky-Dweller
I visited the RM boutique in Las Vegas at Crystals mall on a few occasions. I was debating a purchase, but never pulled the trigger. Wish i had! I would go back to Crystals if the RM bug bites me again.

My sales rep was Luc. He was very helpful and knowledgeable. Over a couple visits I was able to try on 6 different watches that they had in back. Never the exact model I was interested in, but it helped give me an idea of what to expect from each material, size, shape or color. This was all pre-corona, I have no idea if Luc is still there.

By 2020, I had mentally moved on, and decided I had better places to put that kind of money. Couple years later, a watch like what I had been so close to buying was being auctioned for four times the price. Fortune favors the bold.
RTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2023, 09:03 AM   #10
djnick
"TRF" Member

I have zero interest in RM, but dropped into the Vegas boutique a few years ago just for fun and got same treatment as the the others. Zero engagement, I was wearing a suit and rocking my AP at the time so I was no schmuck walking in.

Even dropped some knowledge on them regarding models they didn't even know about they still seem less than interested
djnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2023, 11:07 PM   #11
Dino944
"TRF" Member

Watch: Batman, Kermit
I've visited the Boston RM boutique on 2 occasions, most recently on this past Saturday. I have no purchase history, they are super nice, they love chatting about watches, even if it's about other brands or what you currently own. Definitely a great experience. The first time they had a few watches to try on, this time they did not. but still a great visit.
Dino944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2023, 12:38 AM   #12
rjd1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Can't pick just 1
The Boston folks are absolutely awesome. Very welcoming and happy to talk watches. May not be a lot to check out, but once in awhile there’s something out or in back that they would show you. Super friendly group, well worth a visit if you’re in town.
rjd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2023, 12:20 PM   #13
7sins
"TRF" Member

Nothing but a stellar experience at the Beverly Hills boutique. Also a wonderful experience when I went into RM Milan and Hanoi.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2023, 01:08 PM   #14
edo
"TRF" Member

Due to charming late night emails, I was lucky to get oportunity to visit RM Paris boutique days before Rafael Nadal officialy opened it. Back then the boutique was full of watches. And they stay in touch with me and emailed me few numbers of the RM magazine over the year even they knew I can't even afford to buy a box without the watch
edo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2023, 11:54 PM   #15
westoque
2024 Pledge Member

Was finally able to go inside a RM Boutique today and the experience was great! My SA was very corteous and accomodating. I was then able to try a platinum 67-01 with diamonds since it was on display and the fit was great. Put my name down since for a 67-02 even though they mentioned it was a hard piece to get. And now starts the wait :)

Old 22 July 2023, 01:46 AM   #16
fatcows7
"TRF" Member

Watch: JLC / AP
London boutique was very nice - had a lovely time inside- unfortunately they had nothing to try on and told me to go to the official 2nd hand boutique down the street.

She told me what was okay to purchase a first time buyer (67-01) which I was fine with anyways but recommended I try them on first before putting my name down. I don't think i'm going to put my name down (I was just curious as to what the boutique looked like inside + wanted some free water lmao)

I do like the vibe of AP house more than them and they told me they're going to renovate the space soon so it has more of a AP house feel.
fatcows7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2023, 07:15 AM   #17
Carguy87
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: JC 126660
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
Nothing but a stellar experience at the Beverly Hills boutique. Also a wonderful experience when I went into RM Milan and Hanoi.
To be fair, on some of those visits were you wearing any of the RM’s already in your collection? Or if you parked that Diablo out front that would probably “open some doors” as well lol. I see that thing pull up on the curb and I’d be holding the front door for you
Carguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2023, 11:10 AM   #18
MONTANTK
"TRF" Member

I was not in the market for one but I enjoy following the brand. I visited the Boston boutique shortly after they opened and it was one of the best boutique experiences I’ve ever had. The SA was super friendly and happy to talk about watches. At the time they had several watches on display, including a 53-01. I wish I had asked to try it on but felt out of place trying on a $750k watch with zero intent to purchase.
MONTANTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2023, 12:51 PM   #19
westoque
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONTANTK View Post
I was not in the market for one but I enjoy following the brand. I visited the Boston boutique shortly after they opened and it was one of the best boutique experiences I’ve ever had. The SA was super friendly and happy to talk about watches. At the time they had several watches on display, including a 53-01. I wish I had asked to try it on but felt out of place trying on a $750k watch with zero intent to purchase.

You should’ve tried it! I would even say that it’s actually the place you can try said pieces even if you don’t intend to purchase. I did the same in the Patek Salon in Geneva, I got to try some amazing pieces, about ~$1m that I wouldn’t intend to purchase as well.

Old 22 July 2023, 04:30 PM   #20
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
Did Singapore once, treated like I was homeless, kinda was I guess being on vacation. They were very friendly and smiled when they opened the door for me to leave.

Never argue with a fool, as eventually it will be difficult to tell the difference.
Moondoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2023, 10:42 AM   #21
Ftech1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116622, 126710
My wife and I stopped in the Chicago boutique for fun a couple of years ago. They were very nice and even pulled a couple pieces from the back for us to drool over. Left with a very cool hard cover brochure.
Ftech1 is offline   Reply With Quote