The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 11 April 2019, 04:19 AM   #1
captainron62
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King 40mm
New SeaMaster 300M DIVER Rose Gold

I've had the itch for a TT watch for a while and of course, was initially going to go ROLEX and it would cost about 10K or so for a DJ on the gray market. I just couldn't pull the trigger and then stumbled upon a SM in the new Rose Gold and it can be had for about 4K less. Seems like a steal and it's a sexy beast.

Anyone have one of the new models, and can comment? I've not seen any in the wild, especially the gold TT models.
captainron62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2019, 04:37 AM   #2
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Seconded - Anyone have any pics of the new two tone rose gold seamasters on a bracelet instead of the rubber pics?
trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2019, 07:39 AM   #3
JP(Canada)
"TRF" Member

Sorry, I'm old fashioned and went with yellow gold :) the sedna is stunning though.

One more point...this TT isn't as 'in your face' as a typical TT. The gold has a brushed finish on the bezel, not polished, and the accents on the bracelet, which are also 18k gold, are just enough to pop out, but not scream at you. Very well done, IMO.

When you come around to the beveled hands and the super legible gold markers on that ceramic dial, you quickly to realize how much watch you get for your money. There are so many great details. Well worth it, especially compared to a lot of stuff out there, in any metal.
Old 19 June 2019, 08:25 AM   #4
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Thank you for the pic - looks great!

I'm just curious, do you have the rubber strap too, or just the bracelet? I really like the rubber strap and think it'd spend the majority of time on it for incognito reasons, but the bracelet seems nice...just not sure it's $3,000 more nice...or what situation I'd wear it in. To be honest, if I was going to "dress up" the watch, I almost think the black rubber would do better, whereas the bracelet would do better in business casual. Any thoughts on that?
trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2019, 09:41 AM   #5
JP(Canada)
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinjimmy View Post
Thank you for the pic - looks great!

I'm just curious, do you have the rubber strap too, or just the bracelet? I really like the rubber strap and think it'd spend the majority of time on it for incognito reasons, but the bracelet seems nice...just not sure it's $3,000 more nice...or what situation I'd wear it in. To be honest, if I was going to "dress up" the watch, I almost think the black rubber would do better, whereas the bracelet would do better in business casual. Any thoughts on that?
I don't have the rubber, but it's very nice. It was an easy decision for me to go with the bracelet. I've always loved the Bond bracelet and now with two half links and adjustable clasp, it's even more comfortable than before and looks distinctively "Omega".
Old 19 June 2019, 12:14 PM   #6
mobster600
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinjimmy View Post
Seconded - Anyone have any pics of the new two tone rose gold seamasters on a bracelet instead of the rubber pics?
I third lol, I’d like to see both rubber and bracelet
mobster600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2019, 08:28 PM   #7
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
I tried the blue and gold on this morning. Stunning watch, but I’d buy it on the rubber. I don’t particularly like the bracelet on the seamaster (any metal) but the watch itself is stunning.

Great value too if you factor in 10/15% discount. As JP says above, it’s loads of watch for the money and the gold is pretty well toned down but enough to look classy.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2019, 09:00 PM   #8
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Very cool looking watch. I would have to find a pre-owned model as the price saving is significant. I would get it on the metal and source the rubber strap.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2019, 01:41 AM   #9
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Love the watch, hate the bracelet.

Once I have seen this I cannot unsee it, the Citizen Hyper Aqualand bracelet

Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2019, 04:55 AM   #10
watchdoc123
"TRF" Member

Would love to see a picture of the two-tone black dial rose gold on a bracelet. Yellow is beautiful!
watchdoc123 is offline   Reply With Quote