The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 November 2012, 01:10 PM   #61
John in MA
"TRF" Member

I don't. Let's consider something.

If you service a watch every 7 years and you wear that watch every day for 7 years, that's a total of: 365.24 days a year for 2556.7 total days.

If you have 2 watches. Wear each one equally, then you split the difference. Each watch gets worn a grand total of 3.5 years in the original 7 year period meaning you could extend the service interval to 14 years not taking into account oil getting old etc.

I think it'd be safe to assume that if you wear multiple watches, a 10 year service interval is doable as you technically would have worn the watch for 1/2 that amount of time. you've worn it just enough to keep the lubrication going but not abused it so it wears out quickly.

How To: Remove a Tudor Pelagos Endlink in 60 Seconds or Less
John in MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2012, 03:58 AM   #62
handsfull
"TRF" Member

Watch: youlookinat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
I do. I factor everything in my life, it's a process I picked up from the military and try to improve more and more. I have to be able to afford it and how it affects me overtime. I could buy a used 90's Ferrari right now for $80k but the service is a nogo for me, can't afford it.
I don't know how many bajillions of times on any forum I've been on hear people say I don't want to own a BMW out of warranty or a turbocharged car etc. those aren't crazy expensive but the sensible person considers the after affects.
If you're the type that doesn't care or factor this at all, you're either ill prepared or "very" wealthy in relation to the subject, if so that actually requires clarification. Not simply "I don't, it's just part of the purchase", yeah, because you're in a position to not care and just because I have to manage my expenses doesn't mean that somehow I can't afford it. The other option is people who don't care about stuff and buy just because it's cool or keep up with joneses. Example...entertainers with mega blinged out APs or Frank Mullers, Pharrell(very successful rap producer) has said many times he has no idea how to really even use his Enzo. He just bought it because it looked nice, was rare and cost a lot.
For example, I don't care about battery replacements on my Suunto, but I sure as hell would consider a $1000 plus service fee on an AP diver.

Pros and cons
What do I get but what must I give up.

Couldn't have written it better. Well said x 10.
handsfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2012, 04:40 AM   #63
Foxer55
Banned

Rashid,

Quote:
I could buy a used 90's Ferrari right now for $80k but the service is a nogo for me, can't afford it.
Buy a new Corvette. They're easily maintainable, will out perform the Ferrari, has an outstanding warranty, and is a blast to drive. The warranty is extendable for a fee. When I took my new Corvette from the showroom and told them I was taking it to the track for some really high performance driving they said, "If it breaks, bring it back!" Right off the showroom floor. Its as much joy as my Rolex. And it looks just as good.
Foxer55 is offline   Reply With Quote