The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 November 2012, 09:38 AM   #91
WARVET
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 Coke
Most popular watch for USMC Infantry 81-84 was the Seiko Dive watch. A heavy monster that always let you know it was there. 106.00 at the PX or you could wait for a Okinawa deployment and get it cheaper
WARVET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2012, 09:57 AM   #92
ftgokie
"TRF" Member

Watch: 2T Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by WARVET View Post
Most popular watch for USMC Infantry 81-84 was the Seiko Dive watch. A heavy monster that always let you know it was there. 106.00 at the PX or you could wait for a Okinawa deployment and get it cheaper
Here is a funny story. I went to Infantry basic AIT and airborn school in 1986 and bought me a Seiko dive watch to wear. When I was stationed at Ft Wainwright Alaska from 1995-2000 we went out on a 21 day field problem at Ft Greely Alaska.....one night one of my squad members said, Hey, SSG Smith, can you loan me your watch for me to use while on fire guard? I said sure....so i cralwed in my fart sack to go to sleep and about 15 minutes later he wakes me up. I asked what he needed and he said, hey SSG Smith, I cant read your watch....I was like, holy crap, something is wrong with my watch. I looked at it and nothing was wrong and said it was ok and handed it back...he handed it back to me and said, I cant read that watch because its not digital

He could not read an analog watch, he could only read a digital he is from Hazard County Kentucky So me being the good squad leader I was, I just went ahead and pulled his guard duty for him
ftgokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2012, 11:33 AM   #93
MJK737
"TRF" Member

Watch: This, Hold my Beer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldonsmith View Post

I stumbled across this article, and this video on the YouTube....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XJu-...layer_embedded
The video is pretty cool... The Navy Seal instructor is clearly wearing a submariner.

-Sheldon
No surprise it's a Sub. 10$ says he used the bezel to hack his time to complete the course (ala the dirty name).

To those who ask "is it safe to wear my Rolex to ..." The answer is yes.

MJK
MJK737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2012, 01:16 PM   #94
RPrats
"TRF" Member

New member here.
I recently read books by navy seals Brandon Webb and Chris Kyle but don't remember which book where the author states that until recently most seals after graduating BUDS purchased there own Rolex Sub. It was considered the unofficial watch of the teams. But not to long ago they have switched to the G-Shock because they are issued to them by the navy.
RPrats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2012, 01:34 PM   #95
FLHP
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Omega
I can't speak to current active duty for any of the high end units, but I worked with a little of everyone in the private sector in Iraq over the past seven years. The first thing a good portion of all them do with a little money in their pocket is go after a high end watch.

It may or may not be a daily wear or work item, but some heavy shopping in Dubai on the way in or out of the are is usually the case.
FLHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2012, 03:10 PM   #96
HongNinja
Banned

Watch: 228238, 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK737 View Post
I love mine!

These are sweet!
HongNinja is offline   Reply With Quote