The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 25 April 2019, 01:51 AM   #1
akendo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Speedmaster
What have I done.....!

So, I was walking through the local Mall, here in the Uk, and as usual walked past the Rolex AD with only a casual glance at the display.....not going to see anything, right? My son pointed out a few pieces of interest that I missed....too busy thinking about a slice of cake and a cup of tea.

In the window was......Explorer 1, Milgauss Z-blu, Airking, Yacht Master Blue Dial. The sales person saw me lean in and came out and asked if there was something I may be interested in....how could I say no.

I tried both the Explorer and the Z-Blu. Not seen an Explorer before and was a little underwhelmed by it. Tried the Z on and all of a sudden I had a sense of joy. This is a cool, fun watch. My wife rocks up....oh, that’s nice. She wasn’t wrong.

The AD said others had phoned ahead and were on their way in. They don’t hold and don’t take payment over the phone. If they don’t sell in a week, they go to other ADs.

I gushed over the watch and gave the history, etc.....not sure she was that impressed. I asked about the papers and if they retain them. Said, they would hold for 6 months.

Here’s the two on my wrist......

What did I do, you ask? Nothing. Thanked her for her time and left.

Interestingly, she said the Airking would be a good investment in a knowing way. I just don’t like the watch.

Yesterday I was at another AD and got a good lead on a Tudor GMT while chasing the Submariner I enquired about a few months ago. I have a good history with this AD, so am listed, and hopeful.

I now know that a Z Blu is a watch I can enjoy. Having seen some of the used prices, may dip my toe at some point....just not yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
akendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2019, 02:40 AM   #2
akendo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Speedmaster
Took a sneaky pic on the way out.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
akendo is offline   Reply With Quote