The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 July 2013, 02:03 AM   #61
DrAlias
"TRF" Member

Please post it in this forum when you start selling your rolexes. One of them may end up on my wrist.
DrAlias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2013, 02:33 AM   #62
motoikkyu
2024 Pledge Member

You've asked my opinion, so you'll get it. Sometimes you see adverts that mention your home as "your largest investment." A home is not an investment, it's a place to live or keep your Rolexices, or park your vehicle. Vehicles are not an investment. And watches, for the most part, are not investment vehicles, although many do rise in value. I would say my best "performing" watches, in terms of value rising, will also one day decline as popular opinion and tastes change. So any advice offered on the "investment value" of your timepiece is probably well-intentioned. There are Rolexia that I need to sell from my collection, I am lazy but the bill-collectors hover. There are Tudors I would love to own, specifically a no-date snowflake in either color. Remember that anything in the secondary market requires both a seller AND a buyer: just because you are ready to sell doesn't mean that the buyer is already there with full enthusiasm for your asking price. So sell the stuff you don't plan on keeping. Use the money for Craigslist professional services, or give it to charity, or buy a Tudor. It's the right thing to do.
motoikkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2013, 02:55 AM   #63
akira23
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pam 1313
People's taste changes, I know mine has over the years. I've had so many different brands over the years. Get what calls to you...
akira23 is offline   Reply With Quote