The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 12 February 2019, 02:32 PM   #1
Romeojk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Submariner 114060
Tag Heuer Formula One WAC1110-0 Need help with a band and maybe more

Hi guys,
I have a Tag Heuer Formula One WAC1110-0 and am looking for an original replacement band (preferably), or at least a quality replacement I can trust for it. I bought a band years ago and never really warmed up to it and frankly didn't trust it. Cost might be an issue as it seems like it's $200 for a replacement on eBay, but I'm not sure if it's the real deal or not. Any help is appreciated. I have half of the old band.

It been used and sitting in the drawer for a little over 3 years.

While I'm at it, how would I fix the rubber on the side of the watch that has worn away. Is it something I can do myself or do I leave it to someone.

I also have some terrible scratches on the top of the bezel that has worn the paint off. Although I would like to fix it, I don't want or need a new watch and don't want to spend too much on it as long as it is solidly safe and intact I don't mind "a little character"

Here are some pics. Wow, sorry it is so dirty, I would never buy a watch in this condition, the crown looks horrible and worn closeup as well now. Geeze.

I do love the watch, I won a little money gambling in Aruba and put that and some cash toward it. Probably maybe 12-15 years ago??

Thanks for any help or direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romeojk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2019, 03:04 PM   #2
Paul_I
"TRF" Member

That watch looks beat to hell in the best way possible. Could you put it on a NATO and leave the rest be?

Paul_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2019, 10:34 PM   #3
Romeojk
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_I View Post
That watch looks beat to hell in the best way possible. Could you put it on a NATO and leave the rest be?

Hi Paul, I could put it on another black rubber strap, I don’t prefer the fabric strap

Old 12 February 2019, 11:47 PM   #4
TemerityB
"TRF" Member

I own a similar model Tag, and you're right - the cost of replacement straps is off the scale, even direct from them. I hate to say this, but it could be either pony up, or just keep a keen eye out for even other models of the same watch - to buy one that's weatherbeaten would probably be comparable to just buying the strap itself. Maybe contact Tag, just for fun, and see what a replacement would cost.
TemerityB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2019, 01:48 AM   #5
Romeojk
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemerityB View Post
I own a similar model Tag, and you're right - the cost of replacement straps is off the scale, even direct from them. I hate to say this, but it could be either pony up, or just keep a keen eye out for even other models of the same watch - to buy one that's weatherbeaten would probably be comparable to just buying the strap itself. Maybe contact Tag, just for fun, and see what a replacement would cost.
Thanks. I think I will reach out to Tag to see what they have. I was hoping that a trusted seller here might get some type of a discount. But I guess if they did, is it worth their effort to make a little profit and still get it over to me at a discount from retail.
Old 16 February 2019, 03:31 AM   #6
Romeojk
2024 Pledge Member

I have contacted Tag Heuer. I’ll let you know what I end up with.

Old 21 February 2019, 09:35 AM   #7
Romeojk
2024 Pledge Member

Amazing! The Tag Heuer help folks took sweet care of me and helped to get back in action!!