The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 May 2013, 01:34 AM   #1
RolexDivers
Banned

Rolex 16613 TT Blue Dial Sub: Desirability, Collectability & Appreciation

Hi folks,

Just wondering what you guys think of the 16613 TT Blue Sub, from a desirability, collectability and future monetary appreciation point of views?

Will it see a gradual and constant appreciation in time, like all classic subs have seen?

From reading the forums, I have come to the conclusion that the blue dial 16613 is definitely more wanted than the black dial 16613. I don't know
how true that is.

Thank you
RolexDivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2013, 01:37 AM   #2
sea-dweller
"TRF" Member

Very desirable, no question. Seems that there were quite a few made, so in the short term, I don't see significant appreciation. But, long term, the value should rise, as with all Rolexes.
sea-dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2013, 01:44 AM   #3
SWISSAHOLICS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I have one myself and absolutely love it....I had two before and sold them and each time I felt miserable even though I made money....so had to get it again and now it's a keeper. It is definitely a highly desirable watch from the prices I see on them now for early 2000 year models. As far as collectors item, I don't feel it will be because I have yet to see a Rolex TT model become a "collectors" watch. Value may rise with Rolex prices and scarcity as years go on.

"The one thing I fear most is time; time waits for no one and leaves no options."
SWISSAHOLICS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2013, 01:53 AM   #4
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexDivers View Post
Hi folks,

Just wondering what you guys think of the 16613 TT Blue Sub, from a desirability, collectability and future monetary appreciation point of views?

Will it see a gradual and constant appreciation in time, like all classic subs have seen?

From reading the forums, I have come to the conclusion that the blue dial 16613 is definitely more wanted than the black dial 16613. I don't know
how true that is.

Thank you
Like all the TT Rolex watches they are on the same status as the same model SS.You only got to look at watches like say the TT Daytona which IMHO is a far nicer watch but its the SS that most want .But myself always buy the watch I want not a bit interested in if its collectible or not.And you should always buy a watch because you like it and the simple fact of owning and wearing Rolex watches of your choice its not all about $$$$££££££.I see by another recent post about your new TT blue sub and you are already asking about desirability, collectability and future monetary appreciation point of views?

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2013, 01:55 AM   #5
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
I just read in a thread about how every one in Miami has a TT Sub. So yes, it's desirable. With the new sunburst dial just like the older models, this thing is going to be real hot.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2013, 02:26 AM   #6
HRV
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEX
Wish I had one in my collection
HRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2013, 02:40 AM   #7
JP Chestnut
Banned

Watch: Rolex Ref 16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
And you should always buy a watch because you like it and the simple fact of owning and wearing Rolex watches of your choice its not all about $$$$££££££.I see by another recent post about your new TT blue sub and you are already asking about desirability, collectability and future monetary appreciation point of views?
I actually didn't even need to look at the OP to know who was responsible for the thread title. I guess we all enjoy our watches in our own way: I like to wear mine, others like to fantasize about "return on investments" and "desirability".
JP Chestnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2013, 02:44 AM   #8
Thatguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PAM
No desire, but I can't speak for everyone.
Thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2013, 02:44 AM   #9
RolexDivers
Banned

Quote:
.....And you should always buy a watch because you like it and the simple fact of owning and wearing Rolex watches of your choice its not all about $$$$££££££.I see by another recent post about your new TT blue sub and you are already asking about desirability, collectability and future monetary appreciation point of views?
I am just curious to know what TRF members think of this watch and how this watch fares when compared to others...just wanna know how this watch is regarded and ranks among the collectors..
Old 14 May 2013, 02:57 AM   #10
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
I am just curious to know what TRF members think of this watch and how this watch fares when compared to others...just wanna know how this watch is regarded and ranks among the collectors..
Well I can assure you any TT modern day sub would be far down the list of any true collector of Rolex watches.Its a great watch and I do prefer the blue dial over the black but collectible its very doubtful, now or future but like most Rolex watches will keep a high proportion of its retail value.And Rolex don't make a series of any watch they are case serials and many case serials overlap.There is no such thing as a "series", which would indicate that it is somehow different from another "series" of Rolex watches, but most Rolex are exactly the same in every detail except for the serial case stamp.And I see you are after a bezel protector for your 16613 just go to any AD he should have a few hanging around for free its just a bit of plastic.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2013, 03:30 AM   #11
RolexDivers
Banned

Quote:
Well I can assure you any TT modern day sub would be far down the list of any true collector of Rolex watches.Its a great watch and I do prefer the blue dial over the black but collectible its very doubtful, now or future but like most Rolex watches will keep a high proportion of its retail value.And Rolex don't make a series of any watch they are case serials and many case serials overlap.There is no such thing as a "series", which would indicate that it is somehow different from another "series" of Rolex watches, but most Rolex are exactly the same in every detail except for the serial case stamp.And I see you are after a bezel protector for your 16613 just go to any AD he should have a few hanging around for free its just a bit of plastic.
Padi,
You are correct ... It is my mistake for using the terminology "series". I meant "serial letter". Thank you for your great inights as always!!
P.S The plastic insert for the 14060m sold ...and I will have to take your advice now on loitering at the AD!
thank you
Old 14 May 2013, 03:34 AM   #12
RolexDivers
Banned

Padi,
My appologies for posting my plastic insert in the watch sale section. I realize it was the wrong place to post. Thank you for moving it to he right place.
Old 14 May 2013, 03:48 AM   #13
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
Collectors probably don't have this model on their radar... There are followers who love the blue; I prefer the black TT instead.

Like most Rolex models, they hold their value although they take a significant hit initially as do most precious examples..
Old 14 May 2013, 04:14 AM   #14
SLS
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT's & Sub's
I have one, I enjoy it....but I probably would not have bought it, but it was a gift from my wife, so its a keeper!
Scott

Member No. 922
SLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2013, 04:21 AM   #15
RolexDivers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
Collectors probably don't have this model on their radar... There are followers who love the blue; I prefer the black TT instead.

Like most Rolex models, they hold their value although they take a significant hit initially as do most precious examples..
I was thinking along your lines of thought also ... obviously, you can't lose by buying a classic sub and the TT will just gain in value like all other submariners... I was not expecting the 16610LV type insanity with the 16613 and it will never happen...
ha ha ha ...
Old 14 May 2013, 05:24 AM   #16
Solo118
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
I wouldn't worry about depreciation too much, I would just wear and enjoy.
Solo118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2013, 06:23 AM   #17
rocket-roy
"TRF" Member

This is my favourite watch.

I had one years ago then sold it, only to go through a sea of wrist changes over a year. Nothing seemed to come close. Ended up buying one again a few years ago and would never contemplate selling it again. The blue dial is simply mesmerising and changes dependent on light conditions.

In terms of this over the new 116613, I certainly prefer the blue in 16613 to the smurf blue.

The two-tone is not to everyone taste though, however, I believe this is an iconic piece which would appreciate in time.

Buy the watch, enjoy and forget about appreciation or depreciation, you would not want to sell.
rocket-roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2013, 06:30 AM   #18
RolexDivers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket-roy View Post
Buy the watch, enjoy and forget about appreciation or depreciation, you would not want to sell.
Yup, this is how watches need to be bought!!
Old 14 May 2013, 06:41 AM   #19
petenyc
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
love the black TT
petenyc is offline   Reply With Quote