The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 15 February 2016, 10:38 PM   #1
Michael Maddan
"TRF" Member

Tudor 390 Manual winding question

Hello! My 390 was serviced by an independent shop 3-4 years ago--I have not worn it since--, and here's my issue: although the auto wind seems very smooth, there's a distinct, rather gritty-feel when I wind manually...imagine( to give yourself a 'feel' for my sensation ), that there's a brass disc in contact with one of steel, and any lubrication that was supposed to be present, is gone, and that's a bit of what it feels like. The case back was left loose by the shop ( I really wanted to see the watch all cleaned-up and running sweetly, and I had planned to tighten it later...), and the movement certainly looks OK. So: does my situation indicate a problem, or do these Calibers simply wind a bit roughly? ps: my case number is 7909 / 139xxx. pps: it would be really appreciated if the person(s) responding has experience with the 390...I've done a few posts elsewhere, and the well-meaning, yet generic, responses do quite not address my 390...!! Thanks! Michael
Michael Maddan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2016, 10:48 PM   #2
Phllox
"TRF" Member

The reversers to be changed ? In such case I don't think it is of any urgency to get them replaced.