The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 17 October 2018, 12:59 AM   #121
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBlack View Post
Well I can confirm that it wasn't at those places.
Old 17 October 2018, 01:19 AM   #122
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
I agree Rashid but in this case there was a crime and things get different. Maybe the OP is taking extreme precautions right now after what he may have considered a 'lapse' on his end, but truth is he's right IMO.

Agree.

I only hope it was not at Kaiserhof Hotel or Am Stephansplatz because I love both and when I'm there that's where I stay.
I can understand but this hard line stance is unfounded in my opinion. Same as the stories about some bad AD experience or bad sale with a seller.
Sorry, but this is the internet and after having been burned many times I now take a cautious approach to taking a side.
Facts and actions are just that. If the power went out and the heat cuts off in the middle of January and you froze your butt off...-that is an event that happened. He/she/they/them didn't do it...it was just what happened.
The watch was stolen. Period.

If he is so informed on law then I suggest that info can be used to also hold the hotel responsible for what happened on their property....
I'm now becoming cynical of this story.

I'm being as clear as can be, I have a million pieces of data showing I own a few watches, from the forum pics, to friends/colleagues, purchase receipts, and the thousands of photos in my phone that I can use to prove to the hotel that I was in this hotel with said watch. And if one of these watches were stolen at "Motel 9" while I was asleep I would tell you guys all exactly where and when I stayed.
The hotel failed to provide me with a safe environment, why should I fear stating that...
Again, unless there's more to the story...

Do you have any pictures of your watch or post up the serial number so folks can be aware or report if it pops up.
Best wishes.
Old 17 October 2018, 01:28 AM   #123
mikester
"TRF" Member

Terrible to hear.
Old 17 October 2018, 01:31 AM   #124
mraaronp
"TRF" Member

Watch: Chronometre Bleu
Sorry to hear

How good would it be if we could all track our watches and be able to trace back its source
Old 17 October 2018, 02:24 AM   #125
sallyhats
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM111, BLNR
I hate to be the cynic in the room, but this entire story stinks to high heaven I tell you. The OP first joined in August 2018 and had 0 watches. On and on he posts about how he knew an AD through his mothers fathers cousins uncles best friends dog groomer. He would congratulate everyone on their new watch. In the three months since hes joined, hes gone from 0 watches to 2 watches, no pictures, no posts about a new arrival.

Then there’s the outrageous “I left my hotel door unlocked,” seriously!?!?!?!. First of all if you’re staying in a four star hotel when that door closes it locks behind you and who doesn’t check if the hotel room door is closed, i check if my house door is locked every night.

“I don’t want to name the hotel for legal purposes,” this may be the most asinine comment i have ever heard. The hotel would take legal action? You can not be sued if what you are saying is the truth, a lawsuit of slander is only applicable when the story is a lie.

If the story you are telling is true then name the hotel. But you won’t because all of this fiction and is post just garner attention.

GMT II - 116710 BLNR
Old 17 October 2018, 02:33 AM   #126
JayBlack
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyhats View Post
I hate to be the cynic in the room, but this entire story stinks to high heaven I tell you. The OP first joined in October 2018 and had 0 watches. On and on he posts about how he knew an AD through his mothers fathers cousins uncles best friends dog groomer. He would congratulate everyone on their new watch. In the three months since hes joined, hes gone from 0 watches to 2 watches, no pictures, no posts about a new arrival.

Then there’s the outrageous “I left my hotel door unlocked,” seriously!?!?!?!. First of all if you’re staying in a four star hotel when that door closes it locks behind you and who doesn’t check if the hotel room door is closed, i check if my house door is locked every night.

“I don’t want to name the hotel for legal purposes,” this may be the most asinine comment i have ever heard. The hotel would take legal action? You can not be sued if what you are saying is the truth, a lawsuit of slander is only applicable when the story is a lie.

If the story you are telling is true then name the hotel. But you won’t because all of this fiction and is post just garner attention.
Believe what u wish.
I don't need to prove anything to u or anyone else. I didn't ask for favours and I didnt ask anyone to give me anything.
I just wrote that I'm sad my watch got stolen. I didn't start elaborating how and why. People asked to I answered.
That's it.
And bc of these comments I think I shouldn't have written anything at all.
If you don't like what I write just ignore it. It's your right. But calling me a liar for no reason or bc it doesn't make sense to u is shallow and childish.
Why would I lie about something like that? Why would anyone?
If someone wants attention they can post stuff to their Instagram account or Facebook or whatever other social media they have.
I just want to say I don't think you're a nice person.
And maybe one day when you share something about yourself people will call u liar and u see it's no fun !
Old 17 October 2018, 02:37 AM   #127
sallyhats
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM111, BLNR
Making up a story for attention is childish.

GMT II - 116710 BLNR
Old 17 October 2018, 03:22 AM   #128
Uggi
Banned

This escalated quickly.
One thing is for sure - one of the two posters above is totally out of order here.
Old 17 October 2018, 03:35 AM   #129
CF999
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1655 ,1675, 1016
Codswallop!!
Old 17 October 2018, 03:45 AM   #130
arguetaoscar
"TRF" Member

Is there a safe in the room? Did you completely lock the doors?
I work in Hotels and the first thing we ask when there is a lost or stolen claim is “did you use the safe? “ also if the room door was locked then how someone came in? Maybe the duplicate key was used? Something is not right....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17 October 2018, 03:56 AM   #131
JayBlack
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguetaoscar View Post
Is there a safe in the room? Did you completely lock the doors?
I work in Hotels and the first thing we ask when there is a lost or stolen claim is “did you use the safe? “ also if the room door was locked then how someone came in? Maybe the duplicate key was used? Something is not right....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There was a safe in the room. I did not use it.
My bad I guess.
Old 17 October 2018, 04:04 AM   #132
opawlows
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Tudor/Breit
Pretty bad luck having it stolen. Hopefully you get lucky and somehow recover it. Wonder why they left the jewellery and wallet though?
Old 17 October 2018, 04:14 AM   #133
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
i would be open to be sued by
This is Europe, not the USA.
Old 17 October 2018, 04:15 AM   #134
JayBlack
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by opawlows View Post
Pretty bad luck having it stolen. Hopefully you get lucky and somehow recover it. Wonder why they left the jewellery and wallet though?
Well the bracelet is white gold. Maybe thought it was steel ... about the wallet no idea ...
Maybe they're just specialized in selling stolen watches ... I really don't know.
Old 17 October 2018, 04:28 AM   #135
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
I can understand but this hard line stance is unfounded in my opinion. Same as the stories about some bad AD experience or bad sale with a seller.
Sorry, but this is the internet and after having been burned many times I now take a cautious approach to taking a side.
Facts and actions are just that. If the power went out and the heat cuts off in the middle of January and you froze your butt off...-that is an event that happened. He/she/they/them didn't do it...it was just what happened.
The watch was stolen. Period.

If he is so informed on law then I suggest that info can be used to also hold the hotel responsible for what happened on their property....
I'm now becoming cynical of this story.

I'm being as clear as can be, I have a million pieces of data showing I own a few watches, from the forum pics, to friends/colleagues, purchase receipts, and the thousands of photos in my phone that I can use to prove to the hotel that I was in this hotel with said watch. And if one of these watches were stolen at "Motel 9" while I was asleep I would tell you guys all exactly where and when I stayed.
The hotel failed to provide me with a safe environment, why should I fear stating that...
Again, unless there's more to the story...

Do you have any pictures of your watch or post up the serial number so folks can be aware or report if it pops up.
Best wishes.
I understand and I'd do the same (hope I never have to). I believe the odds of some legal action against him are close to zero if the hotel name is shared here but after having his watch stolen like that he's probably not feeling the luckiest guy in the world, but the truth is I know nothing about what happened other than what was said on this thread, so I think the best thing for me to do is just say good luck OP I hope you add another watch soon and that's it. End of story
Old 17 October 2018, 04:38 AM   #136
JayBlack
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I understand and I'd do the same (hope I never have to). I believe the odds of some legal action against him are close to zero if the hotel name is shared here but after having his watch stolen like that he's probably not feeling the luckiest guy in the world, but the truth is I know nothing about what happened other than what was said on this thread, so I think the best thing for me to do is just say good luck OP I hope you add another watch soon and that's it. End of story
Thanks so much !
Old 17 October 2018, 04:53 AM   #137
Jonesy2099
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Unfortunately, quite a few people are suspecting that the OP is attention seeking and the truth is that the ‘facts’ given by the OP only support that case. Take the example of the ‘thief’ taking the watch but not the white gold bracelet next to it. Or the wallet. Does that make any sense? Having diligence on this forum is no bad thing.
Old 17 October 2018, 05:02 AM   #138
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
It is just a watch. If this happened to me I would be delighted that I was not stabbed or something. Please learn from this and take security seriously in the future.

And by the way, i am with "sallyhats". The story stinks and I do not believe it for a second.
Old 17 October 2018, 05:04 AM   #139
Jonesy2099
"TRF" Member

I think it’s best to leave this particular conversation thread. A) it’s pretty clear that the OP’s story doesn’t add up. B) unfortunately it’s now started to bring out the negative side from other members. I’m going to call out Jonathan17 for trying to insult Sallyhats for making a perfectly legitimate set of points. Total lack of class there. Good luck OP in finding your fictional uninsured Daytona.
Old 17 October 2018, 05:10 AM   #140
JayBlack
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy2099 View Post
I think it’s best to leave this particular conversation thread. A) it’s pretty clear that the OP’s story doesn’t add up. B) unfortunately it’s now started to bring out the negative side from other members. I’m going to call out Jonathan17 for trying to insult Sallyhats for making a perfectly legitimate set of points. Total lack of class there. Good luck OP in finding your fictional uninsured Daytona.
Why do u even bother commenting? Seriously. If you don't believe me that's fine but why comment?
If in your expert opinion of years in law enforcement in the robbery department have thought you that I'm a liar then fine.
But that is what happened ... nothing more nothing less.... I told it as it happened.
Again you're blaming the victim why they didn't steal my wallet and bracelet as well ... I don't know why ? Find the thief/es and ask them if you're such a detective.
But then again you don't believe there ever was a thief ... Or that I'm a hard working person who also worked hard to be able to buy a watch.
Only you work hard and deserve to be heard and believed and only things in your life makes sense. All the rest is stories and fairy tales.
Old 17 October 2018, 05:36 AM   #141
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
I think it is time that you verify your story, JB by posting photos of the watch and the serial number. If the watch was indeed stolen, then posting this information will help to recover it. If you do not post the information, then the suspicion that your story is a pack of lies will be strengthened.

It would also help if you post a photo of the police report that you must have submitted if your tale is true. Feel free to blank out any personal information.

I look forward to the photos and the serial number.
(Don't even think about posting the serial number of another watch or a fake serial number. Your fraud will be discovered.)
Old 17 October 2018, 06:29 AM   #142
JayBlack
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
I think it is time that you verify your story, JB by posting photos of the watch and the serial number. If the watch was indeed stolen, then posting this information will help to recover it. If you do not post the information, then the suspicion that your story is a pack of lies will be strengthened.

It would also help if you post a photo of the police report that you must have submitted if your tale is true. Feel free to blank out any personal information.

I look forward to the photos and the serial number.
(Don't even think about posting the serial number of another watch or a fake serial number. Your fraud will be discovered.)
Suppose I did post all those things, what would it give me ?
Prove to a whole lot of people that I've never met and probably will never meet that I'm not a liar ?
This isn't a court or an investigation.
I just shared my story. Choose to believe it or not. I really couldn't care less.
I joined this forum to be amongst likeminded people who like a certain brand. And to be able to discuss it, not be judged when I share a story.
Therefore out of principle and frankly anger at the rudeness some people have here to "demand" stuff from me I shall post no such thing.
Call me a liar. It won't affect my life one bit.
I know what happened to me ...
And i guarantee that none of you wisemouths would give a damn if I posted or not.
This is really starting to look like a kindergarten.
I will stop responding to all who continue on this annoying path.
Don't like this thread move on to the next one.

I just would like to say to all who gave me kind words of support thank you I really appreciate it.
Old 17 October 2018, 06:58 AM   #143
2nastie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Time Only
Safety is the most important thing. As long as you are alright the rest doesn't matter too much.

Regardless of what others are saying, etc. I do think posting the serial number or pictures of the watch is helpful even if it is a small possibility.

I am sure you want it back? ... Posting a sob story with a few holes in it and not providing any details this community (who may help recover this watch) usually gains nothing but further criticism.
Old 17 October 2018, 07:00 AM   #144
JayBlack
"TRF" Member

I accepted the fact it's never coming back ...
The chances of that happening are about the same of those of winning the lottery...
Old 17 October 2018, 07:04 AM   #145
CF999
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1655 ,1675, 1016
Is it me or is this post somewhat pointless
Old 17 October 2018, 07:05 AM   #146
dubins930
2024 Pledge Member

Yeah.. lock it up...its getting old
Old 17 October 2018, 07:05 AM   #147
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
I'm with other members. I don't believe a watch ever existed. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but there isn't one previous photo of any of the op's supposed watches. Which is a little, just a little strange from a new member who went from zero to two hot watches in two months.

I've seen scams like this in the past...people build a history of ownership and possession(though only superficial) and then claim the imaginary item was stolen so someone can be held liable for a nonexistent item.

I find it completely unbelievable that someone would dare to walk into someone's room to steal just one item while the victim sleeps....that was coincidently left out for him. What if you had it on, would he have held a knife to your throat, very dangerous scenario. All of which can be easily verified by an honest victim.

I'm done. Have fun doing whatever it is that you're doing with this thread.
Old 17 October 2018, 07:10 AM   #148
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
Sorry to read about the theft of your Daytona.

There may soon be the possibility of a Rolex giveaway for pledge members.

This giveaway is to help with the running of the Forum.

You never know when your luck may change.

E.

Sounds like a good idea. Let's see if it manifests.
Old 17 October 2018, 07:11 AM   #149
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I accepted the fact it's never coming back ...
The chances of that happening are about the same of those of winning the lottery...
Our giveaway has pretty good odds, and the Daytona is real.

Your story reads as being a bit wonky, but I'm not one to say if it is real or not.
Old 17 October 2018, 07:12 AM   #150
pw98
"TRF" Member

I don’t want to form opinions but a picture of the watch in question would be helpful.
Closed Thread