The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 13 December 2017, 03:50 AM   #31
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsm View Post
And nobody questions the legalization of this evil drug,

its not the stuff that john, paul, George, and ringo puffed in the 60s,

I find it hard to believe that the industry behind this vile poison has slowly but surely been allowed to chip away all the barriers and controls that once were, the police gave up on it in the uk years ago,

it took 50 odd years, but they won in the end. sickening.
Do you have any experience with it?

It’s much cleaner and better for you than it was back in the day. And huge amounts of medical benefits.

Certainly a more valuable set of benefits than any alcoholic beverage.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2017, 04:02 AM   #32
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Do you have any experience with it?

It’s much cleaner and better for you than it was back in the day. And huge amounts of medical benefits.

Certainly a more valuable set of benefits than any alcoholic beverage.
No doubt! Too many closed-minded people speak out against Cannabis with utter ignorance. If they actually took the time to educate themselves, they’d learn something new about all of the medicinal and therapeutic benefits.

With over 100 beneficial compunds in Cannabis and Hemp, now is the time to research how they can be corralled to replace Opioids, Tobacco, Alcohol, ...and Main Stream Media...kidding!
mcorliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2017, 04:18 AM   #33
Tmac478
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Skydweller
Reading this thread with interest as I own a few hundred shares of APHQF.
Nice bump today.

I agree that pot's medicinal qualities far out-way any real harm for recreational users. I don't indulge anymore (I was a stoner in my 20s) but still think it's much safer than alcohol.
Tmac478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2017, 05:00 AM   #34
roaddog359
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bluesy
I have a position in it. Lets get ready for the ride!
roaddog359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2017, 05:20 AM   #35
hsm
Banned

I am not ignorant, I am not closed of mind,

I have known many people who have bought into this muck, they became shadows of their former selves, its called 'dope' for a reason.

Speak to mental health professionals, they will tell you all about the devastation this drug causes, you wont hear of these peoples first hand experiences, as the 'industry' doesn't want this publicised.

The alcohol argument is just a red herring, and my answer to that would be that yes, we have enough issues with alcohol, so how is legalising cannabis going to help?

it wont, it will make (and already has) a big society problem, many times bigger.

I am disgusted at how we hear of this B/S 'the war on drugs has failed'. There never has been a war, its just a brainwashing soundbite to make the public think legalisation is inevitable,

the medicinal benefits are the biggest lie going, this lie is essential to get this poison legalised, another red herring,

so theres my informed view, if you have family you are their last defence against this terrible drug, your leaders (that's the west) are an absolute disgrace,

nah, you can stick the shares in this lunacy where the sun doesn't shine.
hsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2017, 05:37 AM   #36
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I have known many people who have bought into this muck, they became shadows of their former selves, its called 'dope' for a reason.

Speak to mental health professionals, they will tell you all about the devastation this drug causes, you wont hear of these peoples first hand experiences, as the 'industry' doesn't want this publicised.

The alcohol argument is just a red herring, and my answer to that would be that yes, we have enough issues with alcohol, so how is legalising cannabis going to help?

it wont, it will make (and already has) a big society problem, many times bigger.

I am disgusted at how we hear of this B/S 'the war on drugs has failed'. There never has been a war, its just a brainwashing soundbite to make the public think legalisation is inevitable,

the medicinal benefits are the biggest lie going, this lie is essential to get this poison legalised, another red herring,

so theres my informed view, if you have family you are their last defence against this terrible drug, your leaders (that's the west) are an absolute disgrace,

Dude, educate yourself. You are far from accurate with your comments. There is a reason just about every country is rushing to decriminalize and legalize cannabis.

http://www.newsweek.com/cannabis-mar...l-trial-614982

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/charlot...ical-benefits/
Old 13 December 2017, 05:44 AM   #37
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
I have been in the canadian cannabis stock for around 2 months now. Have made around 22% on my money already.

I currently own Canopy (200 Shares) and Aurora (500 shares). Im excited to see what happens after adult rec.

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2017, 05:52 AM   #38
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:

you are most certainly entitled to your opinions. but your views are extreme and as with most extreme views there are inherent flaws in logic.

for what is it worth, I smoked for nearly two decades. I stopped only because I was noticing that would get anxious.

I know of literally hundreds of extremely successful smokers. that includes, lawyers, doctors, and engineers.

and from my own personal experience, I recently did smoke when my gout medicine knocked me on my ass. I smoked at the urging of my father in law. I felt better almost immediately.

my buddies father is dying from cancer. he has days, maybe weeks to live. they are certain he won't see Christmas. and he is in tons of pain. he says the edibles are the only thing that gives him a sense of comfort and an appetite.

while you certainly have valid reasons for your point of view, your views are not all encompassing and they are flawed.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2017, 05:57 AM   #39
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofrolex View Post
I have been in the canadian cannabis stock for around 2 months now. Have made around 22% on my money already.

I currently own Canopy (200 Shares) and Aurora (500 shares). Im excited to see what happens after adult rec.
I really like Canopy and Aurora too, but feel Aphria is very undervalued in comparison, and the market is agreeing based on its recent outperformance. It would need to trade up to $14-15 (USD) to be at parity from a valuation perspective, hence why I am overweight in Aphria.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 5DF24AEA-0E83-4E7E-A9AC-7C0C16218F2D.jpeg (80.7 KB, 257 views)
Old 13 December 2017, 05:57 AM   #40
cda555
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc and PO
Quote:

I doubt you know many people who have been negatively affected with marijuana use... you simply don't seem like the type of person to socialize with mj users.

I literally have 3 friends who are psychiatrists and 4 who are therapists. With the exception of 1, they are all thrilled at the prospect of legalized marijuana... especially cbd oil. The one dissenter is sure that his practice will lose money because he won't need to prescribe as many anti-anxiety medications.

There is a reason why hospitals have pharmaceutical alcohol on hand. My friend showed me the hospital booze that they keep on hand for alcoholics so that they don't die of withdraw while in hospital care. Alcohol is so much worse for your body than marijuana. I firmly believe (anecdotal) that there will be less alcohol abuse with mj is more readily available. I live in CA and my uncle has already said he will drink less starting on January 1st. That has nothing to do with a resolution.

The medical benefits are there my friend... no denying that. There are so many legitimate studies done on this subject. It isn't going to cure cancer, but mj can replace opioids in a lot of instances. Opioid addiction is the real issue that we face today. Many kids are getting their first taste of it from their parents' medicine cabinet. Less opioid prescriptions written means less access to the stuff by kids.

I get that you personally don't want to partake, and that is fine... but to have such a strong negative perception of it is a little strange.
cda555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2017, 05:59 AM   #41
hsm
Banned

my views are not extreme,

legalising a highly dangerous drug is extreme,

I am just promoting what until recent years, was the moderate status quo,

I see both sides, pro legalisation, sees one side, the legal 'right' to get high.
Old 13 December 2017, 06:01 AM   #42
BravoOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
you are most certainly entitled to your opinions. but your views are extreme and as with most extreme views there are inherent flaws in logic.

for what is it worth, I smoked for nearly two decades. I stopped only because I was noticing that would get anxious.

I know of literally hundreds of extremely successful smokers. that includes, lawyers, doctors, and engineers.

and from my own personal experience, I recently did smoke when my gout medicine knocked me on my ass. I smoked at the urging of my father in law. I felt better almost immediately.

my buddies father is dying from cancer. he has days, maybe weeks to live. they are certain he won't see Christmas. and he is in tons of pain. he says the edibles are the only thing that gives him a sense of comfort and an appetite.

while you certainly have valid reasons for your point of view, your views are not all encompassing and they are flawed.
Regardless of the benefits derived from this stuff, I don't want to walk into a place of business and smell it, nor do need any more additional road hazards dodging the stoners that dive on my local streets.
BravoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2017, 06:05 AM   #43
BristolCavendish
Banned

As Dennis Peron, author of California Prop 215 (legalized medical marijuana) once said, "All use is medicinal."

The irony is that while many affluent people smoke pot, the majority of them do not want marijuana dispensaries (medical or recreational) in their neighborhoods/towns.

Another ongoing juvenile concern. In the old days, kids use to raid their parent's liquor cabinet. Now many of them are raiding their parent's stash.
BristolCavendish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2017, 06:25 AM   #44
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cda555 View Post
I doubt you know many people who have been negatively affected with marijuana use... you simply don't seem like the type of person to socialize with mj users.

I literally have 3 friends who are psychiatrists and 4 who are therapists. With the exception of 1, they are all thrilled at the prospect of legalized marijuana... especially cbd oil. The one dissenter is sure that his practice will lose money because he won't need to prescribe as many anti-anxiety medications.

There is a reason why hospitals have pharmaceutical alcohol on hand. My friend showed me the hospital booze that they keep on hand for alcoholics so that they don't die of withdraw while in hospital care. Alcohol is so much worse for your body than marijuana. I firmly believe (anecdotal) that there will be less alcohol abuse with mj is more readily available. I live in CA and my uncle has already said he will drink less starting on January 1st. That has nothing to do with a resolution.

The medical benefits are there my friend... no denying that. There are so many legitimate studies done on this subject. It isn't going to cure cancer, but mj can replace opioids in a lot of instances. Opioid addiction is the real issue that we face today. Many kids are getting their first taste of it from their parents' medicine cabinet. Less opioid prescriptions written means less access to the stuff by kids.

I get that you personally don't want to partake, and that is fine... but to have such a strong negative perception of it is a little strange.
Right on point. However, will add two things: states that have legalized recreational cannabis have seen a 15% reduction is volume of alcohol sold, and second, there have been some amazing incidents of people with lung cancer being cured by using high dosage CBD oils/pastes. They have also shown incredible results in children with Dravets Syndrome (super bad epilepsy...Google Dravets and Cannabidiol).
Old 13 December 2017, 06:32 AM   #45
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BristolCavendish View Post
As Dennis Peron, author of California Prop 215 (legalized medical marijuana) once said, "All use is medicinal."

The irony is that while many affluent people smoke pot, the majority of them do not want marijuana dispensaries (medical or recreational) in their neighborhoods/towns.

Another ongoing juvenile concern. In the old days, kids use to raid their parent's liquor cabinet. Now many of them are raiding their parent's stash.
I hear you. In Massachusetts we have NIMBY folks too...but on both Cell Towers and Cannabis dispensaries. All it will take is a history of no legal issues and municipal tax envy to change opinions though.

Regarding cell towers, I always thought when some rich dude who dies of a heart attack while jogging in a NIMBY town(cell tower ban town), people will change their minds about the tiny virtually invisible towers on church steeple and chimneys.

Would be great to one day live in a world where the vocal minority no longer terrorizes the silent majority. Here’s to hoping...
Old 13 December 2017, 06:47 AM   #46
hsm
Banned

yes it would be great to live in a world where the vocal minority no longer terrorizes the silent majority.........I totally agree
Old 13 December 2017, 06:59 AM   #47
Thatguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PAM
Publicly-traded Cannabis Industry Companies

Quote:

I see both sides, pro legalisation, sees one side, the legal 'right' to get high.

How is it a highly dangerous drug? Compared to most prescription drugs or alcohol it is quite safe. I personally don’t smoke it but know many successful people that do and I think it should be legalized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2017, 07:22 AM   #48
hsm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy View Post
How is it a highly dangerous drug? Compared to most prescription drugs or alcohol it is quite safe. I personally don’t smoke it but know many successful people that do and I think it should be legalized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its 20 times stronger than in the 60s
it destroys mental health, not all brains can handle it,

many young developing minds should not be going anywhere near it, yet its being pushed on the young,

it is not safe, quite the opposite.
Old 13 December 2017, 08:12 AM   #49
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
its 20 times stronger than in the 60s
it destroys mental health, not all brains can handle it,

many young developing minds should not be going anywhere near it, yet its being pushed on the young,

it is not safe, quite the opposite.
It is stronger today, and more pure. There is greater care to avoid utilizing harmful fertilizer compounds, and very stringent laboratory testing for purity and dosing consistency. There are hundreds of strains with different cannabinoid profiles that can treat various types of ailments.

BTW...did you know that the U.S. Government has held a patent on Cannabinoids as a Neuroprotector since 2003 and have done nothing with it?

U.S. Patent number: US006630507B1

Patent Assignee:
The United States ofAmerica as represented by the Department of Health and Human Services, Washington,DC (US)

Patent Abstract:
Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties,unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism.This new found property makes Cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of Wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The Cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurode generative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive Cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive Cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed class of Cannabinoids are useful as neuroprotective antioxidants.

Seriously, before denigrating something you clearly don’t understand, take the time to learn about it. Your only knowledge is based on a few low-life stoners you met, and think that only troubled people use the plant. The reality is that it has tremendous medicinal potential, and is even less invasive/harmful to the human body than alcohol and many current prescription drugs.

Nobody is in favor of minors using Marijuana, much like they should not use alcohol nor drink too much Mountain Dew. Again, if you understood the extreme seed to sale tracking process of every single plant in those states where it is legal and the degree of scrutiny both during licensing and on-going regulatory scrutiny, you’d have a better appreciation for how controlling it will help stamp out illegal/unmonitored black market production and distribution...which will in turn help reduce access to minors via the black market drug dealers, thereby greatly reducing overall criminal activity, and focusing law enforcement on the real harmful, violent criminals.

Try to research the potential benefits to society before regurgitating the same ignorant beliefs perpetuated for more than a generation solely to marginalize a specific social class/ethic group, all starting during the Nixon Administration. You will be surprised by what you learn.
Old 13 December 2017, 08:24 AM   #50
TheRolexKingofLV
"TRF" Member

This threads givin' me the munchies!
Old 13 December 2017, 08:25 AM   #51
hsm
Banned

you think I am the only one with this view?

no my friend, I am the mainstream trust me,

its just I am not edgy and cool, never have been, never will be.

Come with me and I will show you the real 'benefits' to society, happening in my town right now, its really not pretty.

ever heard of a gateway drug?

I am 50, by the way, I heard all this 'new' research 30 years ago, I've lived a lot, my eyes are my research.
Old 13 December 2017, 09:06 AM   #52
BristolCavendish
Banned

Next question: Should the counterpersons at these medical and recreational marijuana dispensaries be licensed or board certified like pharmacists and pharmacy technicians or is it OK for them to be just another Joe Blow like you see at most liquor stores?

I suspect that the majority of these current retail marijuana salespeople are simply potheads who have landed a fun job (in their minds). How else could one provide empirical details and comprehensive descriptions of the product and its overall characteristics?

It would be akin to selecting a fine wine based on the recommendations of an 'expert' who doesn't drink wine. It's probably OK for recreational pot sales but not particularly desirable for those seeking medicinal relief (unless hyperbole and BS are the key selling tools in this new industry).

Besides, marijuana affects everyone differently and along with its natural variances in phenotypes, consistency will always present a challenge regardless of cultivation environment. It's like that old adage, same parents/different children. Or to clarify things even simpler, some apples (or any fruit for that matter) often taste better than others off the same tree.

Pot is agriculture. No different than growing high-quality fruits and vegetables. The only difference is that it has become a 'cash cow' for saavy investors now that it is legal in many states.

As aforementioned, I'm sticking with the 'small growers' rather than conglomerates cranking out tons of weed. It's a similar approach to opting for a weekend 'farmer's market' or boutique brewery.

No 'BUD-weiser' for me.
Old 13 December 2017, 09:19 AM   #53
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
you think I am the only one with this view?

no my friend, I am the mainstream trust me,

its just I am not edgy and cool, never have been, never will be.

Come with me and I will show you the real 'benefits' to society, happening in my town right now, its really not pretty.

ever heard of a gateway drug?

I am 50, by the way, I heard all this 'new' research 30 years ago, I've lived a lot, my eyes are my research.
I’m 49 and never touched cannabis as a kid, 20 year old, 30 year old, 40 year old, but at 47 decided to try it to combat anxiety, insomnia, and various severely painful intestinal ailments. Doctors would only prescribe anti-drepressants, which had horrendous every day life impacting side-effects. Mind you, I was not depressed in the least bit.

Out of desperation, I became licensed for medical marijuana, and ended the need for the anti-depressants. I rarely use a low dose cannabis edible, but low and behold, they have reduced my condition about 90%, and completely changed my life. I am not a stoner...actually far from it. I am a highly-educated, highly-successful retired professional with a new lease on a normal life. It’s a miracle after suffering for over 15 years with this painful condition. BTW...my Ex-wife was a renowned doctor in Boston, and even the best western medical care could not help improve my symptoms.

In summary, you may not think you are closed-minded, but based on your unsubstantiated insistence that all cannabis is evil, you have a ways to go before being able to speak authoritatively on the subject. Not meant in a disrespectful way, just perhaps a wake up call to do your own (factual) research into the potential benefits of the plant. Nobody says you need to use it recreationally to appreciate it.

In the interim, I, along with several others, will continue to invest in the industry to realize its full potential. I’m up 74% on that investment already just since November 6th. That’s about 40 Daytonas already, so nothing you’ve said will change my view, unless you can bring substantiated evidence of the negatives.

Lastly, the U.S. DEA recently, removed all reference of Marijuana being potentially addictive, and being a gateway drug. Again, do some reading on the topic. Good luck.��
Old 13 December 2017, 09:29 AM   #54
roaddog359
"TRF" Member

Someone is getting schooled here. It appears one has documented facts and the other has opinion. No one has to like or accept whats going on so lets just move on. If you are bothered stay off the thread. Or who know a mod may lock it down.
Old 13 December 2017, 09:33 AM   #55
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BristolCavendish View Post
Next question: Should the counterpersons at these medical and recreational marijuana dispensaries be licensed or board certified like pharmacists and pharmacy technicians or is it OK for them to be just another Joe Blow like you see at most liquor stores?

I suspect that the majority of these current retail marijuana salespeople are simply potheads who have landed a fun job (in their minds). How else could one provide empirical details and comprehensive descriptions of the product and its overall characteristics?

It would be akin to selecting a fine wine based on the recommendations of an 'expert' who doesn't drink wine. It's probably OK for recreational pot sales but not particularly desirable for those seeking medicinal relief (unless hyperbole and BS are the key selling tools in this new industry).

Besides, marijuana affects everyone differently and along with its natural variances in phenotypes, consistency will always present a challenge regardless of cultivation environment. It's like that old adage, same parents/different children. Or to clarify things even simpler, some apples (or any fruit for that matter) often taste better than others off the same tree.

Pot is agriculture. No different than growing high-quality fruits and vegetables. The only difference is that it has become a 'cash cow' for saavy investors now that it is legal in many states.

As aforementioned, I'm sticking with the 'small growers' rather than conglomerates cranking out tons of weed. It's a similar approach to opting for a weekend 'farmer's market' or boutique brewery.

No 'BUD-weiser' for me.
Dude, you’re a Whole Foodsy, Limousine, Yuppie toker!

All kidding aside, you state the very reasons when Cannabis and Hemp need to be re-scheduled and researched thoroughly to exploit its potential benefits to the fullest. The anecdotal evidence is already there, but now the ignorant obstructionists like Jeff Sessions have to be over-ruled.

The compounds in this plant may literally cure cancer, but we may never know as long as the government continues to be influenced (double-entendre!!) by the alcohol and pharmaceutical lobby. Only time will tell where it all goes, but in the interim, Canada, Germany, Italy, Australia, Spain, Uruguay, Argentina, Mexico, etc... aren’t going to wait for the U.S.’ blessing any longer. Either they get with the program, or risk following behind the what will be the fastest growing industry over the next five years. Yet another case for smaller government.
Old 13 December 2017, 09:39 AM   #56
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcorliss View Post
and second, there have been some amazing incidents of people with lung cancer being cured by using high dosage CBD oils/pastes.

I think we need to be careful on the cured cancer card. Double blind peer reviewed studies needed before this can be stated. Anecdotes are not data.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2017, 09:55 AM   #57
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
I think we need to be careful on the cured cancer card. Double blind peer reviewed studies needed before this can be stated. Anecdotes are not data.
Totally agree, but that can’t happen if the Federal Government continue to drag its feet. They need to act before it is both Medical and Recreation approved in every state. More and more states are pushing towards legalization every month. At what point does the Government act???

However, you have to agree there are an unusual number of anecdotal incidents of stage 4 cancers being killed off by high-concentration CBD oils. Obviously, there is something going on when the doctors who treat the patients themselves proclaim the rapid disappearance of active cancer cells as a miracle. Let’s shine a light on this phenomenon by opening it up to additional research.
Old 13 December 2017, 10:04 AM   #58
BristolCavendish
Banned

Quote:

I'd have to question your 'dangerous' labeling of marijuana. As aforementioned by others, marijuana is far safer than ethyl alcohol and the countless/questionable pharmaceuticals being prescribed and dispensed (read the warning labels). The 'danger' of marijuana (if any) arises from its irresponsible usage and the emergence of crime when prohibition is in place.

The 'legal right to get high' is no different than enjoying any other recreational outlet providing you are not making it someone else's problem.

Personally speaking, I find folks who enjoy a toke far more enjoyable company than those who prefer to drink heavily.

The only issue I have with this thread topic is the crass commercialization of marijuana. Those gifted with a 'green thumb' will now be able to grow their own and share their harvest with friends. It's no different than home brewers and winemakers (or your favorite aunt/grandmother putting up preserves from the garden).
Old 13 December 2017, 10:35 AM   #59
roaddog359
"TRF" Member

I think this topic has been derailed and needs to get back on track.
Old 13 December 2017, 10:38 AM   #60
roaddog359
"TRF" Member

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...sses-1.4444673