The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 8 February 2018, 06:54 AM   #31
elcompa
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 118206
I couldnt wait. I called a trusted seller (Takuya) and he hooked me right up. Itch immediately scratched!
Old 8 February 2018, 11:17 AM   #32
SG56
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: SD4K
Seattle AD and Valparaiso, IN AD had one in stock each time i asked.

i even posted here letting people know.

I'll visit my local AD over the weekend and if they have one, i'll let you know.
Yacht-Master 268622 - the chick version
Speedy Mitsukoshi <3
Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAF141C.BA0824 - the chick version

Thank you logan5tx!!! Have to link it. Too long for the signature.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...0&postcount=14
SG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 12:29 PM   #33
Fabrice M
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: This and that...
Why go through an AD. I see them in the RF classified all the time.
Fabrice M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 12:30 PM   #34
tomchicago
Banned

Watch: 16710BLRO, 214270.
I predict this waitlist will collapse once the stainless Coke-C is announced.
tomchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 01:15 PM   #35
M1911a2
Banned

What happens is Rolex requires dealers to buy in bundle, meaning if a large AD order every 1 Sub, they need to buy 5 other model to go with it, something like that. Thats the reason why popular AD do not display popular models such as BLNR or subs, most have them in stock, only for VIP lists so to speak. They have to get rid of the daydates, milgauss etc etc before they can sell those sport models. And to avoid people flipping those models at a high price.

I think all you need to do is find a smaller store that do not sell as much, then they might be more than willing to sell it to you.
M1911a2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2018, 04:24 AM   #36
arturob
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT2 BLNR
Sidney Thomas @ prudential center in Boston has 1 left! Just snagged one myself! :)
arturob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2018, 04:40 AM   #37
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I think you'll find one if you call around. they aren't selling at a huge premium through trusted sellers either, so no need to wait if you really want one.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2018, 09:52 AM   #38
lucevan le stelle
"TRF" Member

Maybe concentrate on the largest volume Rolex AD in your geographic area and/or developing more of a relationship with a local AD, i.e. frequenting, letting them to get to know/meet you personally. I do know in at least one case where the "last one in" to see the AD on a model was the first to get the call when it came in. YMMV.
lucevan le stelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2018, 12:21 PM   #39
Sprta
"TRF" Member

They are around saw one in the display case the other day. Same Ad a few weeks ago had a different one in their case.
Sprta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 02:08 PM   #40
M3ZCP
"TRF" Member

Has anyone been able to get a discount off MSRP?
M3ZCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 02:25 PM   #41
kaien
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ZCP View Post
Has anyone been able to get a discount off MSRP?
From what I've read around here, most AD's (at least in the US) won't budge on the MSRP.

However, since they should all be taking credit cards, having some rewards from those cards should help bring down the price.

Most AD's (I found) were quoting me around 3-6 months.

I've called a handful of AD's in my tri-state area and 3 of them told me that, if I'd never purchased anything from them before, I will never get a call from them. One of those AD's literally told me to go to their store and make a purchase first. Uh...sure.
kaien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 03:42 PM   #42
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by blnrpilot View Post
I added myself to a waitlist in my home state where the AD said it would be about three months. I currently live in the Dallas where the waitlist to 6 to 8 months. I was curious to see if this is accurate across the board or if anyone is having better luck?

Thanks!
I got my blnr from Mario (awesome) at Shreve & co in San Francisco. You won’t regret the wait. It’s a marvel that grows on me every day since I walked out the door with it on last June.

I pop in occasionally and several days ago another rep told me the waiting list for the blnr was ‘over 40.’ Even factoring in exaggeration, I’d still look seriously at the trusted seller listings. This mania can’t last forever but until it passed, they are out there. And I say this as someone who’s never selling mine.

Hang in there. The wait is worth it.

Last edited by jstan9; 28 February 2018 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: Typos
jstan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2018, 01:57 AM   #43
AML
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Hope you receive your BLNR soon!

I've been checking out this forum for quite a while now, but never posted anything. Now that I am finally in the market for a Rolex, I want to share my experience with you as it may help others as well. My apologies in advance for the longer read.

So, for my upcoming birthday I want to treat myself with a Rolex. I love vintage watches, but I want this watch to be new and for it to 'become' vintage through my own wear and tear.

Based on all the research I did I knew the BLNR was on the top of my wishlist, but I never actually tried it on.

Anticipating the waiting times mentioned online, I decided to visit an AD (in the Netherlands, I see a lot of US forum members here) now although my birthday is in August. I called the AD in my birthtown and asked whether I could walk in and try on some watches and gather intel on waiting lists etc. They were happy to see me, but could - of course - not guarantee certain models (like the BLNR) to be available to try on.

Last Saturday I went to the local AD and luckily enough they had a BLNR in the store for a client to pick up. I tried it on and must say it looks even better in the flesh! I found the way the blue changes in different lighting to be fascinating. As I did a lot of research in advance (largely thanks to this forum!) it did not take me long to decide the BLNR is the watch for my birthday.

So, then it came down to the waiting list and price. The salesperson's estimate was that the watch would be available somewhere September/October (so 7-8 months waiting time). I can live with this waiting time. It required a deposit to be put on the waiting list, which I actually liked as it felt more of a commitment from both sides. On the other hand, I did not get a number of the people already on the list.

There is no discount off MSRP, which I find logical considering demand and supply. I noticed they felt really frustrated with grey market dealers. Actually, price of the watch will be the price on delivery. Considering the time of the last price increase I would not be surprised if prices go up (3 or 4%) at or after Baselworld.

Considering the possible presentation of a new SS Coke-C at Baselworld (an expectation shared by the salesperson) or other new release in the Professional collection, I hope some people will want to move their name from the BLNR waiting list to a 'new release' waiting list (even though waiting times on that list will be even longer). Side note: The salesperson said the waitling list for a Daytona was 1,5 years.

I made the deposit and am on the waiting list now. To be continued..
AML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2018, 07:01 AM   #44
AML
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Got the call..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AML View Post
Hope you receive your BLNR soon!

I've been checking out this forum for quite a while now, but never posted anything. Now that I am finally in the market for a Rolex, I want to share my experience with you as it may help others as well. My apologies in advance for the longer read.

So, for my upcoming birthday I want to treat myself with a Rolex. I love vintage watches, but I want this watch to be new and for it to 'become' vintage through my own wear and tear.

Based on all the research I did I knew the BLNR was on the top of my wishlist, but I never actually tried it on.

Anticipating the waiting times mentioned online, I decided to visit an AD (in the Netherlands, I see a lot of US forum members here) now although my birthday is in August. I called the AD in my birthtown and asked whether I could walk in and try on some watches and gather intel on waiting lists etc. They were happy to see me, but could - of course - not guarantee certain models (like the BLNR) to be available to try on.

Last Saturday I went to the local AD and luckily enough they had a BLNR in the store for a client to pick up. I tried it on and must say it looks even better in the flesh! I found the way the blue changes in different lighting to be fascinating. As I did a lot of research in advance (largely thanks to this forum!) it did not take me long to decide the BLNR is the watch for my birthday.

So, then it came down to the waiting list and price. The salesperson's estimate was that the watch would be available somewhere September/October (so 7-8 months waiting time). I can live with this waiting time. It required a deposit to be put on the waiting list, which I actually liked as it felt more of a commitment from both sides. On the other hand, I did not get a number of the people already on the list.

There is no discount off MSRP, which I find logical considering demand and supply. I noticed they felt really frustrated with grey market dealers. Actually, price of the watch will be the price on delivery. Considering the time of the last price increase I would not be surprised if prices go up (3 or 4%) at or after Baselworld.

Considering the possible presentation of a new SS Coke-C at Baselworld (an expectation shared by the salesperson) or other new release in the Professional collection, I hope some people will want to move their name from the BLNR waiting list to a 'new release' waiting list (even though waiting times on that list will be even longer). Side note: The salesperson said the waitling list for a Daytona was 1,5 years.

I made the deposit and am on the waiting list now. To be continued..
Some good news (instead of a waiting time or shortage thread): Today I got a call from the AD informing me my BLNR is in! Will pick up next week (am currently on a business trip). So, in the end it was a 5,5 month wait and not 7/8 months. Really pleased as the watch is in before my birthday. Will probably post pictures in due course.
AML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2018, 07:10 AM   #45
Cyclops888
"TRF" Member

That is a pleasant suprise! Pre happy birthday!
Cyclops888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2018, 07:12 AM   #46
gringtito514
"TRF" Member

Watch: None Yet....
I live in San Francisco and was able to source a BLNR from a dealer in the Dallas area...took about a month with some help on members of this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blnrpilot View Post
I added myself to a waitlist in my home state where the AD said it would be about three months. I currently live in the Dallas where the waitlist to 6 to 8 months. I was curious to see if this is accurate across the board or if anyone is having better luck?

Thanks!
gringtito514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2018, 08:01 AM   #47
Jsanders1985
"TRF" Member

I just got on a list this week and they told me 2-3 week wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jsanders1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2018, 09:11 AM   #48
ILikeTacos
Banned

Have been in Dallas for work and went to DeBoulle earlier today to talk about a Patek - they had Hulk and BLNR in stock. They were in the back but both offered to me - I passed as I don’t need. They are out there, but only being held for whomever ADs want to sell to apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ILikeTacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2018, 04:16 AM   #49
calh22a
Banned

Thought I’d revise this thread instead of starting a new one. Ive been waiting for 6 weeks now for a BLNR. Anyone have any stories to share regarding their recent wait times? Just looking for a glimmer of hope that my wait may not necessarily be much longer, but I understand 6 weeks is not very long for this piece.
calh22a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2018, 04:47 AM   #50
peterrr
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Been waiting 3 weeks and was told it could take as long as 6 months.
peterrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2018, 04:56 AM   #51
calh22a
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterrr View Post
Been waiting 3 weeks and was told it could take as long as 6 months.
Yes similar situation. AD stated likely 3 months but may take 6 months.
Old 17 October 2018, 05:00 AM   #52
Sal_UKSheffield
"TRF" Member

An AD told me yesterday to leave my details and that he would get me one fairly quickly

Said it wasn’t that hard to get them... well see
Sal_UKSheffield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2018, 05:40 AM   #53
dny
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
I’ve been calling as well, one AD put me on a list of 45 others, another one
requires a deposit and will take 4-5 months wait. Btw this is for both blnr and blro.
dny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2018, 05:48 AM   #54
melrob1
"TRF" Member

Think dealers got a shipment last week. My AD called to offer me one after people in the “list” passed. Think it’s just about getting lucky. Most AD’s are not selling unless your local
melrob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2018, 05:56 AM   #55
calh22a
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_UKSheffield View Post
An AD told me yesterday to leave my details and that he would get me one fairly quickly

Said it wasn’t that hard to get them... well see
Is this in the UK? I thought things were even harder to get in the UK. It’s surprising to hear your AD will get you one quickly, unless you have a solid relationship with them.
Old 17 October 2018, 07:56 AM   #56
kl07rph
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calh22a View Post
Thought I’d revise this thread instead of starting a new one. Ive been waiting for 6 weeks now for a BLNR. Anyone have any stories to share regarding their recent wait times? Just looking for a glimmer of hope that my wait may not necessarily be much longer, but I understand 6 weeks is not very long for this piece.
I'm also at the 6 week mark for the wait. Was introduced directly to an AD associate by my friend (he has picked up several pieces there, including a preC Daytona through the years); hoping this referral pans out.

I even insisted on leaving a deposit/prepaying on several occasions, but they have always politely declined.
kl07rph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2018, 08:19 AM   #57
calh22a
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by melrob1 View Post
Think dealers got a shipment last week. My AD called to offer me one after people in the “list” passed. Think it’s just about getting lucky. Most AD’s are not selling unless your local
Did you previously express interest or did your AD call you out of blue? That’s pretty nice of your AD to call you like that.
Old 17 October 2018, 08:20 AM   #58
calh22a
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kl07rph View Post
I'm also at the 6 week mark for the wait. Was introduced directly to an AD associate by my friend (he has picked up several pieces there, including a preC Daytona through the years); hoping this referral pans out.

I even insisted on leaving a deposit/prepaying on several occasions, but they have always politely declined.
Yes I have also offered a deposit to show my interest and readiness to purchase but they did not accept. Good luck on you hunt. Hope you get yours soon.
Old 17 October 2018, 08:50 AM   #59
grymg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstan9 View Post
I pop in occasionally and several days ago another rep told me the waiting list for the blnr was ‘over 40.’
Same experience here, got my BLNR and I was #6 on the list, spent an anxious 4 months waiting. When I finally pick it up I glanced at the list and it was now a page long. I guess my 4 months wait is now an outlier.
Old 17 October 2018, 09:07 AM   #60
Sal_UKSheffield
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calh22a View Post
Is this in the UK? I thought things were even harder to get in the UK. It’s surprising to hear your AD will get you one quickly, unless you have a solid relationship with them.

Yes in the UK, I’ve Never been in to that AD or had any dealings with them.

Was looking at the display and a the AD came out to have a chat with me

I told him i had a sub and a dj 41 that i just purchased and that I wanted a BLNR/DAYTONA but I wasn’t VIP at my local AD and that i was open to buying from another AD if they could get me the pieces i wanted

He said it’s not that hard to get a BLNR he asked for my number and said he would call me

Everywhere else they just laugh when you mention a sports model.

We shall see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sal_UKSheffield is offline   Reply With Quote