The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 October 2018, 02:27 PM   #91
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemanlee View Post
I never liked Tourneau and will never buy anything from them. The sales people in Tourneau NYC are like vultures - as soon as you walk in the door there's like 2-3 people literally stalking you wherever you go. You can feel them breathing down your back. They obviously work on commission and they are CLUELESS about watches

I think I let them change my battery on a TAG F1 once.

As for the OP, sorry to hear they jerked you around. What was the sales person's rationale for selling the BLNR out from under you? If he had no intention of selling to you why did her bother giving you a call that it was there for pick up?

Unfortunately you won't be able to find BLNR at a AD in NYC. They are not easy to come by with the current SS shortage and most ADs already have wait lists and/or VIP clients looking for the BLNR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly, what kind of sales is he? You are already on your way!

I mean yeah, the surest sale is always the sale in front of you, because people can always change their mind, but this is batman we are talking about, it's not like he will have a difficulty of finding another buyer if you changed your mind upon seeing the watch.
tom2517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 02:39 PM   #92
EDL7
"TRF" Member

I highly doubt the watch was ever there...just wanted to get you in..maybe sell you something else..
or..
They called a bunch of people for the watch...got them all to come down on their dime..1st one in got the watch..and the others..just got a sales pitch..
EDL7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 03:59 PM   #93
VicLeChic
Banned

Watch: YM 116622 - SD43
Sorry to hear about such a terrible experience, OP. If this is how they work with hot models, don't expect the next BLNR to be yours unless you are first in the shop. Unless they make it up to you.
VicLeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 04:11 PM   #94
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
That’s horrible service actually.
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 04:56 PM   #95
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
I would definitely call back and ask to speak to the store manager. I am sorry, but given your exchange with the sales person, they irrefutably acted in bad faith. You were on a wait list for awhile (i.e., not just calling around and happened to "get lucky" by hearing a watch was in stock) and not only let them know you were coming but also provided updates during your drive!

I would love to know what actually happened. I am guessing the sales person made a few other calls during (or before) your trip over and someone else was quicker to the store than you to pick up the watch. I don't think they called you and you alone and between that phone call and your arrival they just happened to sell the watch to walk-in customer.

I'd speak to the manager and calmly explain the situation and what happened. There is absolutely no benefit in getting angry on the phone with them here. Unless you're some super VIP customer (which I guessing isn't the case if they treated you like this) who can threaten to take their business elsewhere, you have no leverage on them. Best case scenario here is the manager is receptive to what happened to you and the next BLNR that comes in has your name on it. After that, I'd consider finding a new AD for your next watch purchase.

Best of luck on getting this resolved. I hope you get it soon. It's an awesome watch to have in any collection!
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 08:20 PM   #96
Seaswirl
"TRF" Member

There is a new store manager for the Huntington and Roosevelt Field locations. She won’t respond to emails or calls so I wouldn’t waste your time trying to escalate the issue to her. She sets the tone for both locations so I can’t say I’m surprised by what happened to you. I’d try London Jewelers if looking on LI.
Seaswirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 08:25 PM   #97
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekornfeld21 View Post
Hello all,

So I've been on the list for a batman for a while now. Thursday night I finally get a call saying that the watch would be there in Sunday or Monday and that I should come in to put down the full deposit. I let the salesman know I live 45 miles away and would like to pay over the phone but he told me it's against Rolex policy, understandable. I then told him that I would be on the way. I proceeded to call him when I was 20 minutes away to let him know. Then once more when I was five minutes away at which point he told me someone came in and just bought the watch! It was a horrible experience but im not sure there's much I can do about it now.

Does anyone know of any AD's in NY that currently have one? And are they all like this?

Thanks

I would expect the AD thought you was after a Batman comic book instead of a Rolex 116710BLNR.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 08:29 PM   #98
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Yep, i did fortunately she said that she woukd hold the next one that comes in and give me a day or two to ger it. But im not sure when that will be honestly. Hopefully soon!

Sorry they wasted your time. Trust has been broken. Time to move on to a better AD.
red1108nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 08:58 PM   #99
ale70
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exador View Post
I would revisit the AD one day and ask to see their most expensive watch. After 15 minutes of discussing how it's your grail and trying it on, taking photos etc, pull out your credit card and say "I'll take it".

Then just as the sales person is writing up the sale, pretend to receive a TXT message and say "Sorry I just got a TXT from my Grey - he can do it for 30% cheaper. Goodbye"
This
Old 16 October 2018, 09:06 PM   #100
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
This story is no surprise and I would never deal with them. You set yourself up for disappointment. Stick with it and you will find your watch.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 09:12 PM   #101
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
I actually did file a number of complains the next day i got a call from the asst manager saying that they will hold the next batman that comes in and give me a few days to pick it up. But who kmows when that will be/if theyre even telling the truth.

Good for you, glad you didn't take it politely lying down. If the guy wasn't completely apologetic I would rip into the degenerate and try to ruin his day as much as I could so he thinks twice about doing this again.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 09:21 PM   #102
nektar
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
This is ridiculous. Such policies do not exist. I paid for my watch through the phone, and I sent pictures of my cc and driving license. That was all. They played you.

nektar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 09:34 PM   #103
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nektar View Post
This is ridiculous. Such policies do not exist. I paid for my watch through the phone, and I sent pictures of my cc and driving license. That was all. They played you.

what AD so i can report them to Rolex?

https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...36&postcount=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
Part of the Rolex contract prohibits phone or Internet sales of Rolex Watches..

Some AD's will sell over the phone to known customers though..
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 09:38 PM   #104
brettpaul
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and AP
Tourneau are a waste of space...they don't know watches, not sure most of the staff can even spell Rolex, and their stock is WAY overpriced....plus their customer service is piss-poor.

Go to the sales section here and get with a trusted seller.
Old 16 October 2018, 10:55 PM   #105
T01
"TRF" Member

Terrible....
T01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 11:01 PM   #106
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Well that sucks. Hopefully the asst manager comes through for you.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 11:05 PM   #107
uansari1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
It’s ok man...that one wasn’t meant to be yours. When you actually receive YOUR BLNR, you’ll be a happy camper.

Explorer 124270
Omega Seamaster GMT 50th Anniversary
uansari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 11:11 PM   #108
Driv3r
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub C Date
If he callled on Thursday and said the watch would be arriving in a couple days how was it sold before you got there ?
Driv3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 11:13 PM   #109
Ekornfeld21
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driv3r View Post
If he callled on Thursday and said the watch would be arriving in a couple days how was it sold before you got there ?

Thats what was driving me crazy! He basically took a full deposit from someone else. Couldn't even wait for me i was driving 45 miles! The watch wasnt even there yet.

Ekornfeld21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 11:18 PM   #110
casadecamporolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116619LB
The third Rolex I ever bought, back in 1985 was from the owner of Tourneau at the time, a gentleman named Mr Harry Wexler. The store was located on Madison and 52nd NYC in the old Drake Hotel. I believe he owned 2 stores....the other across from Madidon Square Garden. Truly, white gloved service in a beautiful salon type store. For this 30 year old, it was an incredible luxury buying experience I’ll never forget.
Amazing with all the bad feedback here that they can still operate.
I’d demand the next BLNR and the next LV, too.
casadecamporolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 11:27 PM   #111
strafer_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDs, Subs & GMTs
Quote:
While i totally agree i would do it just to get the piece wouldnt you ?

...and therein lies the problem.....the ADs know they can sell these watches regardless....
strafer_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2018, 12:19 AM   #112
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
I would expect the AD thought you was after a Batman comic book instead of a Rolex 116710BLNR.
Almost every time I mention a 116710 BLNR to an AD sales rep I get a blank stare, finally after I explain its the black and blue GMT they almost all say, "Oh! the batman!?". So no, I don't think that was the issue.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2018, 12:22 AM   #113
marcusp23
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, CHNR an
That’s crazy. Sorry to hear it
marcusp23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2018, 12:37 AM   #114
Syed117
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear OP. Hopefully you will be able to find one at a smaller AD with better service.

I've never had a good experience at Tourneau. I think for the most part it's because they hire people to be salespeople and that's it. It doesn't matter if they know anything about watches.

It can be frustrating for many of us because we actually care and want to interact with someone who also cares and not the watch equivalent of a greasy used car salesman stereotype. It's fine for 99% of the population and especially the vast majority of Rolex owners who just want those 5 letters on their wrist.

Also, just a small point that I think people can overlook and I do think it matters to some extent. The nicknames aren't doing anyone any favors. I'm not sure if you called it Batman to the sales guy or just in this post, but that can be a turnoff. It depends on the person making the sale and it could have been fine at Tourneau, but if I sold watches, I wouldn't really take someone seriously if they called asking for a watch but used a superhero nickname. Having fun is fine, but people who use those names don't seem serious. They seem like the kind of person who would call a Rolex a comic book character name because that's about as far as their knowledge and appreciation go.
Syed117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2018, 01:39 AM   #115
wireking1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You beat me to it.....
wireking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2018, 02:25 AM   #116
2fast455
Banned

I have had all good experiences at the Roosevelt Field Tourneau. Got lucky on the Deep Sea Blue in February. Just picked up a 116710LN on Friday. I inquired in the beginning of week and got the call Friday morning that it just came in.

Can’t really call them over priced on stainless steel models if they sell them for MSRP.
2fast455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2018, 02:45 AM   #117
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That is exactly why this "incident" happened.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2018, 03:21 AM   #118
vladamir15
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, VC, Breguet
Tourneau is garbage. Rude staff that know nothing about watches. There's a reason their San Antonio location closed in like 1 year.

Audemars, Vacheron, Breguet, Jaquet Droz, JLC, Rolex, Omega, Cartier
vladamir15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2018, 03:27 AM   #119
R!$
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
i only go to tourneau if i want to try something on, otherwise they really do suck for the most part. if you want good ADs you should go to jersey
Its not a bad idea if their salespeople weren't such jerks
R!$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2018, 03:28 AM   #120
R!$
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL777 View Post
I've only been into any Tourneau location once, on Madison Ave. I was not impressed with the general atmosphere in the store, I was the only customer in the building and not a single salesman seemed interested in selling anything let alone even making somebody feel welcome in there.
A rude gesture indeed, however would you really be interested in talking with them anyways?
R!$ is offline   Reply With Quote