The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 17 July 2018, 09:53 PM   #31
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersam80 View Post
Easy enough to check on chrono24 or the classifieds here to see the resale value. It holds its value really well but that could change in an instant with an economic downturn.
Not an instant, as the watch market is now run by a bunch of huge greys so they will take their sweet time to acknowledge any change in the market and slowly lower prices, not like the stock market at all which is very dynamic. They are more like insurers with quickly taking your premiums but ever so slowly making payouts.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2018, 01:26 AM   #32
aldyrifqi
"TRF" Member

is it true they will realese newer version of 15400 next year??? should i wait?? i really like 15400 grey early feb AD in hk offer me 140.000hkd discount 10% for this ibet now its sold
aldyrifqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2018, 02:35 AM   #33
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Today I visited the AP boutique in Singapore to check the accuracy of my Jumbo and at same time browse around. Was surprised to find not a single SS 15400 or 15450 in sight. And not to mention any of the hot APs. This is the first time I saw the inventory at this boutique being so thin. And this is AP's flagship boutique
Old 29 July 2018, 05:08 AM   #34
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
Today I visited the AP boutique in Singapore to check the accuracy of my Jumbo and at same time browse around. Was surprised to find not a single SS 15400 or 15450 in sight. And not to mention any of the hot APs. This is the first time I saw the inventory at this boutique being so thin. And this is AP's flagship boutique
Not surprised, they are going the way of PP.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2018, 01:30 PM   #35
NicholasNJ
"TRF" Member

I know some US Boutiques still have some allocations for 15400s and 15450s for the year if anyone is interested.
Not too much though, better hurry before they sold out like the 5711
NicholasNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2018, 10:12 PM   #36
jojo
"TRF" Member

Saw the white dail AP15400 at THG in Singapore Paragon Orchard Road when I was visited here last week.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2018, 07:09 AM   #37
2nastie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Time Only
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldyrifqi View Post
is it true they will realese newer version of 15400 next year??? should i wait?? i really like 15400 grey early feb AD in hk offer me 140.000hkd discount 10% for this ibet now its sold
They aren’t touching or changing the 15400 next year especially with where the market is heading.

They are more than likely introducing a new Jules Audemars that was rumored for the past year.

Don’t worry about the 15400. Buy the watch now. And watches in general are not like cars, the newer models don’t necessarily affect the old.
2nastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2018, 02:55 PM   #38
Double Barrel
Banned

Any idea whether the 15400 steel/rose gold can be obtained easily? Called some ADs in Europe but didn't really get a positive answer. Seems like this one is rare?
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2018, 03:41 PM   #39
kingofthehill
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Any idea whether the 15400 steel/rose gold can be obtained easily? Called some ADs in Europe but didn't really get a positive answer. Seems like this one is rare?
It should be readily available from the AP Lounge in London. Alternatively, there was one available at Wempe on Bond Street not long ago. To be honest, I think it would also be possible to source without a long timeline through your nearest AD or the AP Lounge in France.
kingofthehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2018, 04:59 PM   #40
MrBigSmiles
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/PAM/Rolex
Been hunting for my first AP. Called a few boutiques about a 15400 SS BLK face and everyone of them tells me it’s $17,800 USD (no disc) advance payment in full and at least a month long wait before I could get the watch.

Seems like AP is heavy handed in managing inventory to drive up prices. Should I just buy or continue looking?
MrBigSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2018, 02:11 PM   #41
YoungMoneyAssassin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigSmiles View Post
Been hunting for my first AP. Called a few boutiques about a 15400 SS BLK face and everyone of them tells me it’s $17,800 USD (no disc) advance payment in full and at least a month long wait before I could get the watch.

Seems like AP is heavy handed in managing inventory to drive up prices. Should I just buy or continue looking?
I paid retail price at the beverly hills boutique on my new 15400, silver dial. With how difficult it is to find them, I'd say do it if you really love the watch.

Only thing I'd have an issue with is the month long wait. I'd call every AD you'd be willing to drive to. You may just get lucky, like I did.
YoungMoneyAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote