The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 17 June 2018, 11:43 PM   #1
fdm79
"TRF" Member

So close to get my very first Breitling !

I am this close to get my first Breitling (Navitimer 01 Pan-American Bronze Limited Edition 43mm) BNIB.
What I really wanted from the beginning is the new GMT-Master II 126710BLRO. Here in Brazil there is a long waiting list (Nooo... sh$%#) from the main Rolex Boutique (about 16 to 18 months). There are many other AD here as well (shorter lists but also less resupply and availability for the new pieces) and at the AD where I bought my BLNR and LVc, I am the 4th in line for the Pepsi (Approx. between September and November 2018), however, I'm not too patient and considering I already own a GMT II BLNR, the love for the Navitimer is growing on me day by day...
According to one of the sellers from Rolex Corsage, here in São Paulo, we have the "shortest" waiting list in the whole World for the Daytona 116500LN (July 2020 for the White Dial and November 2019 for the Black Dial) LoL . He said also there are many clients from China, UK, Belgium and some other countries getting them here due to the lower demand and slightly bigger availability in South America compared to Europe, North America and Asia. No wonder.....

2 days ago I even tried an already sold (new Pepsi GMT) and right after, went upstairs to the Breitling Boutique and tried the Navitimer 01 Pan-American Bronze Limited Edition . This one has a brown sunburst dial, a display of the B01 Movement and an engraved number out of 1000 pieces ! It comes originally with the Brown Croc Leather Strap but I am a Steel Bracelet guy (Thank God Breitling let you customize it)... Also, I've got very impressed how the 43mm doesn't look as big as I thought !! It's just perfect ! I have a 6.7" not so flat wrist size. What a heck of a nice watch !

So, given the long waiting list regarding the new GMT, I'll gladly go for the Navitimer And I'm not considering it as a temporary "substitute" to fill my wish of acquiring a new watch. I really fell in love with this Navitimer but nevertheless, I still want the nearly impossible Pepsi whenever it leaves the Elves lands and comes to a reality to the physical mortal plan.

I know that many people have a big rejection towards most Breitling, considering how different in style the Navitimer is with it's busy dial and blingy factor but I am among the ones who love this specifically watch and I'm basically not fond of other Breitling models, except some Super Ocean and Transocean. Chronomat for me is hideous.

PS - I'm very aware of the Breitlings resale value and all the Blah blah blah about it but I never buy my watches thinking of selling them or purely as an investment.

Let's see what will be the outcome of this....

Rolex GMT Master II 126710 BLRO - Rolex Submariner 116610 LV - Breitling Navitimer 01 Pan-American Bronze Limited Edition AB0121C4/Q605-447A - Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional 3861 (Sapphire) 310.30.42.50.01.002 - Omega Seamaster Diver 300M 41mm Ceramic (Blue) 212.30.41.20.03.001
fdm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2018, 06:26 AM   #2
Rolex-fan
"TRF" Member

nice
Rolex-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2018, 06:38 AM   #3
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
I too have looked at the Breitling - its a good looking watch.

The bronze Pan American dial is sweet, although I was looking at the 45mm Rattrapante model.

I actually liked the brown crocodile strap with deployant clasp, thought it made a change from stainless steel and would look nice as a dress watch

Enjoy

instagram: max.parkin
Swiss Mad! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2018, 07:32 AM   #4
fdm79
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Mad! View Post
I too have looked at the Breitling - its a good looking watch.

The bronze Pan American dial is sweet, although I was looking at the 45mm Rattrapante model.

I actually liked the brown crocodile strap with deployant clasp, thought it made a change from stainless steel and would look nice as a dress watch

Enjoy

True !

There is the Bronze Rattrapante 45mm at the boutique as well but it's US$ 3000 more for a "second" Chrono (I barely use one) and 2mm larger. It is a beauty but I'm very convinced with the 43mm Pan-American !
Rolex GMT Master II 126710 BLRO - Rolex Submariner 116610 LV - Breitling Navitimer 01 Pan-American Bronze Limited Edition AB0121C4/Q605-447A - Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional 3861 (Sapphire) 310.30.42.50.01.002 - Omega Seamaster Diver 300M 41mm Ceramic (Blue) 212.30.41.20.03.001
fdm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2018, 08:35 AM   #5
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdm79 View Post
True !

There is the Bronze Rattrapante 45mm at the boutique as well but it's US$ 3000 more for a "second" Chrono (I barely use one) and 2mm larger. It is a beauty but I'm very convinced with the 43mm Pan-American !
Have tried one of the trusted sellers here on TRF?

I was quoted $7850 for a brand new 45mm Rattrapante.

Quite a saving on list price

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

instagram: max.parkin
Swiss Mad! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2018, 10:40 PM   #6
opawlows
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Tudor/Breit
The bronze navitimer is a beauty! I have been looking at the 43mm Navi's as well as of late.
opawlows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 04:55 AM   #7
MonsterSS
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126613LB
Been looking at a Breitling myself as well, cant decide between that and the DJ2....
MonsterSS is offline   Reply With Quote