The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 15 January 2019, 11:44 AM   #1
kultschar
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP & Rolex
UK 2019 allocation - good time to request?

I believe shortly (Feb?) the UK dealers receive notification of their allocation for the year?

Can anybody confirm this is how it works in the UK?

If so I guess its nearly time to maybe send a gentle request / reminder
kultschar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 12:33 PM   #2
zahain
"TRF" Member

I think their allocations come late Jan through February? What reference are you waiting on? you know how AD phone calls go...
zahain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 01:55 PM   #3
Sam Philip
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
I believe shortly (Feb?) the UK dealers receive notification of their allocation for the year?

Can anybody confirm this is how it works in the UK?

If so I guess its nearly time to maybe send a gentle request / reminder
That is correct, UK ADs receive notification of their allocation for 2019 in late January/early February. It will be a good time to send a reminder that you are still interested in a particular watch before the AD promise it to some one else.
Sam Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 04:29 PM   #4
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

It is a great time to request but of course it means doing so before Basel reveals.
Russell996 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 08:46 PM   #5
Rwatcher
"TRF" Member

As above,

Anytime between the end of January and March will UK AD's receive the year allocations.

Hopefully brings fruitful news for all members, and then Basel = far too much excitement for one month.
Rwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 09:24 PM   #6
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Hope they increase nautilus allocation by ten folds so that everyone can get one.
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 02:18 AM   #7
kultschar
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the info guys.

Was hoping to upgrade my 5167 to a 5164 in 2019. Tempted by a 5968 however since this would be only my second purchase from this AD it might be too much to ask
Old 16 January 2019, 02:38 AM   #8
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Was hoping to upgrade my 5167 to a 5164 in 2019. Tempted by a 5968 however since this would be only my second purchase from this AD it might be too much to ask
try for the 5968. If its too big, ill trade you for my 5164 so you dont have to queue again
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 03:33 AM   #9
Sam Philip
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
try for the 5968. If its too big, ill trade you for my 5164 so you dont have to queue again

Quote:

I think it is a good time to upgrade as used 5167 prices are very strong. 5968 is a great watch, certainly worth asking for.
Old 16 January 2019, 04:18 AM   #10
kultschar
"TRF" Member

Bit of a first world headache I have

I picked up a Ceramic Daytona in July therefore was not too bothered by the 5968 initially (though that Orange strap has been calling my name!!). The 5164 was always the eventual upgrade plan as I liked the slight heft it has over the 5167 and more importantly I had no GMT in my collection! However, last week I unexpectedly purchased a SS BLRO which is now making me scratching my head! It arrives Friday so I maybe I should wait and see how much I actually like it before pondering which Aquanaut!!
Old 16 January 2019, 05:13 AM   #11
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
I think these decisions are further made after Basel where PP tries to get some of the new pieces this year out to ADs before the end of the year.
Calatrava r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 05:15 AM   #12
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
Hope they increase nautilus allocation by ten folds so that everyone can get one.
Will probably decrease production would be my guess.
Calatrava r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 05:27 AM   #13
danestaff
Banned

Watch: 5968a
Quote:

if you dont ask the ? you will never know the answer
danestaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 05:28 AM   #14
danestaff
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Philip View Post

I think it is a good time to upgrade as used 5167 prices are very strong. 5968 is a great watch, certainly worth asking for.

its an absolute awesome watch, i have both up the 68 win all day, well for the moment at least
Old 16 January 2019, 05:42 AM   #15
Sam Philip
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danestaff View Post
its an absolute awesome watch, i have both up the 68 win all day, well for the moment at least
It is an awesome watch and I too prefer it way over the 5167. It would have been the perfect watch if the chrono counter had a globe similar to the date wheel of the 5164 and the chronograph minutes hand had the jumping function like the 5170.
Old 16 January 2019, 05:57 AM   #16
danestaff
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Philip View Post
It is an awesome watch and I too prefer it way over the 5167. It would have been the perfect watch if the chrono counter had a globe similar to the date wheel of the 5164 and the chronograph minutes hand had the jumping function like the 5170.
But I can see why they done the counter that way as it reflects the shape of the case, which IMO suits it

And as for the 5170 its a totally different watch, granted lovely and the more I see it the more I like it

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
Old 16 January 2019, 11:49 AM   #17
SDDS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwatcher View Post
As above,

Anytime between the end of January and March will UK AD's receive the year allocations.

Hopefully brings fruitful news for all members, and then Basel = far too much excitement for one month.
i am expecting to receive my 5167 first quarter of 2019, i dont know exactly until the allocation as stated that is late Jan beginning of Feb,same here in Canada as well. is it possible to get the watch before basel 2019 or its going to be pushed till the end of 2019. i just want to make sure when does the AD starts getting deliveries in general just to have an idea??

thanks
Rolex Oysterquartz 17000 N series
Rolex OP 41MM 124300 Green Dial
SDDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 12:40 PM   #18
zahain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDS View Post
i am expecting to receive my 5167 first quarter of 2019, i dont know exactly until the allocation as stated that is late Jan beginning of Feb,same here in Canada as well. is it possible to get the watch before basel 2019 or its going to be pushed till the end of 2019. i just want to make sure when does the AD starts getting deliveries in general just to have an idea??

thanks
AD's get deliveries at any time. Sometimes they come in batches so if someone makes an incoming in North America and you're next on list you could also expect a call but not always. I know when i purchased my 5168g, 2 others had made fourm incomings and last quarter of 18 i saw 2 people closely have an incoming for a 5712.
Old 16 January 2019, 12:43 PM   #19
zahain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Bit of a first world headache I have

I picked up a Ceramic Daytona in July therefore was not too bothered by the 5968 initially (though that Orange strap has been calling my name!!). The 5164 was always the eventual upgrade plan as I liked the slight heft it has over the 5167 and more importantly I had no GMT in my collection! However, last week I unexpectedly purchased a SS BLRO which is now making me scratching my head! It arrives Friday so I maybe I should wait and see how much I actually like it before pondering which Aquanaut!!
The 5164a when compared to the SS BLRO is on another level in terms of travel time functionality. Even if you dont like the rolex afterwards, you can easily replace it with something that looks more or less the same (BLNR,Sub, ect) you just don't get the same bezel colours. The aquanaut is more convenient with the pushers on the left side of the case to advance the time and when you're not using it to tell two time zones, it becomes a time only piece. A true only watch that someone can live with without anything else. A very durable rubber strap as you know that to my knowledge, does not discolour, always easy to clean, its not a bracelet that grabs hairs or irritation/itch that some bracelets can do and the day/night indicator with nice lume. Top watch
Old 16 January 2019, 12:52 PM   #20
kultschar
"TRF" Member

I presume it works that in the next few weeks the ADs get their list of allocation for the year and then randomly receive that allocation throughout the year?
Old 16 January 2019, 12:56 PM   #21
zahain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I presume it works that in the next few weeks the ADs get their list of allocation for the year and then randomly receive that allocation throughout the year?
Pretty much. Some AD's know when shipments are coming (from the courier) but wont know whats inside of it. But my AD has known before what was coming and when, so it's very unclear/vague.
Old 16 January 2019, 12:58 PM   #22
kultschar
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahain View Post
The 5164a when compared to the SS BLRO is on another level in terms of travel time functionality. Even if you dont like the rolex afterwards, you can easily replace it with something that looks more or less the same (BLNR,Sub, ect) you just don't get the same bezel colours. The aquanaut is more convenient with the pushers on the left side of the case to advance the time and when you're not using it to tell two time zones, it becomes a time only piece. A true only watch that someone can live with without anything else. A very durable rubber strap as you know that to my knowledge, does not discolour, always easy to clean, its not a bracelet that grabs hairs or irritation/itch that some bracelets can do and the day/night indicator with nice lume. Top watch
Thanks - I agree with all this. To be honest I would also feel more comfortable travelling overseas with a Aquanaut rather then the flashy BLRO regardless of cost!

My 5167 rubber strap still looks like new despite it being my daily wearer until recently.

I think I will add the 5164 regardless if I keep the BLRO or not. Love the Aquanaut and the travel time function is more use to me then the chrono as I travel a fair bit.
Old 16 January 2019, 01:28 PM   #23
SDDS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
AD's get deliveries at any time. Sometimes they come in batches so if someone makes an incoming in North America and you're next on list you could also expect a call but not always. I know when i purchased my 5168g, 2 others had made fourm incomings and last quarter of 18 i saw 2 people closely have an incoming for a 5712.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16 January 2019, 01:30 PM   #24
SDDS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Pretty much. Some AD's know when shipments are coming (from the courier) but wont know whats inside of it. But my AD has known before what was coming and when, so it's very unclear/vague.

Yes exactly, its not really clear how the system goes with AD, but i was told that my AD is notified in advance on when the shipment arrives, but i thought because of the Basel Fair, we will not know the allocation until after the watch fair

Old 16 January 2019, 01:33 PM   #25
zahain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDS View Post
Yes exactly, its not really clear how the system goes with AD, but i was told that my AD is notified in advance on when the shipment arrives, but i thought because of the Basel Fair, we will not know the allocation until after the watch fair

They usually make a allocation for all the watches to a AD that are not upcoming to be discontinued (wont tell the AD if it is or not) before Baselworld and then with new novelty’s, later add onto AD’s lists. I can be corrected if thats not how they do it but i believe so.

Old 16 January 2019, 02:23 PM   #26
Sam Philip
Banned

Quote:
They usually make a allocation for all the watches to a AD that are not upcoming to be discontinued (wont tell the AD if it is or not) before Baselworld and then with new novelty’s, later add onto AD’s lists. I can be corrected if thats not how they do it but i believe so.

I was told the same. ADs normally figure out which models will be discontinued once they get their yearly allocation notification. We will find out in next weeks few weeks which models will be discontinued in 2019.
Old 22 January 2019, 11:39 AM   #27
Andygmt2
"TRF" Member

Bit of a silly question, but does anyone here with no Patek purchase history able to get on a wait list for a Nautilus model? I ask as all the UK AD’s (Patek) won’t add you unless you’ve purchased at least 2 Pateks? Even though I’ve purchased many Rolexes, these do not count for WoS group.
Andygmt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 11:53 AM   #28
zahain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andygmt2 View Post
Bit of a silly question, but does anyone here with no Patek purchase history able to get on a wait list for a Nautilus model? I ask as all the UK AD’s (Patek) won’t add you unless you’ve purchased at least 2 Pateks? Even though I’ve purchased many Rolexes, these do not count for WoS group.

Depends on the AD. If WoS is telling you to buy 2 Patek’s then pony up or see if you can find another AD. Even if you do buy those 2 Patek’s, you’re on the list for a minimum 1 year anyway so its up to you. The depreciation on those 2 Pateks may very well be close to grey premium if not past it so its your choice if you’re looking for more than a SS nautilus allocation in the future. If they’re telling you your Rolex purchases mean nothing & want you to spend more and buy 2 Patek’s, id consider changing AD’s..

Old 22 January 2019, 03:28 PM   #29
Andygmt2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Depends on the AD. If WoS is telling you to buy 2 Patek’s then pony up or see if you can find another AD. Even if you do buy those 2 Patek’s, you’re on the list for a minimum 1 year anyway so its up to you. The depreciation on those 2 Pateks may very well be close to grey premium if not past it so its your choice if you’re looking for more than a SS nautilus allocation in the future. If they’re telling you your Rolex purchases mean nothing & want you to spend more and buy 2 Patek’s, id consider changing AD’s..

Thanks for this, appreciated. It’s not just my local AD, it’s all WoS group that supplies Pateks. Might give the other Patek dealers a call to see if this is the case.
Andygmt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 03:30 PM   #30
danestaff
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andygmt2 View Post
Thanks for this, appreciated. It’s not just my local AD, it’s all WoS group that supplies Pateks. Might give the other Patek dealers a call to see if this is the case.
All WOS have a central base of who's bought what etc, but they aRe the hardest for a newbie to buy from, unless u go on there rocking an awesome rare watch and then you might stand a chance

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk