The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 January 2019, 07:07 PM   #241
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexFan007 View Post
Yeah shouldn't matter... but always gets to being responsible decision making for me... while I wear whatever I love... I still think about not losing too much...
Quote:
Finally its here.... pulled the trigger on YMII and I love it.... picked it up a few hours ago from the AD...
looks good on your wrist.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 07:20 PM   #242
RolexFan007
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM2 116680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelair007 View Post
Congrats!!! Post and incoming with more pics!!

Thanks will do
RolexFan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 07:21 PM   #243
RolexFan007
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexReviews View Post
Glad you made the purchase. Watch is truly amazing hope my video helped with your decision

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Surely did
Old 15 January 2019, 07:22 PM   #244
RolexFan007
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
Looks great on you!!!
Thank you
Old 15 January 2019, 07:23 PM   #245
RolexFan007
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
looks good on your wrist.
Thanks
Old 16 January 2019, 01:08 AM   #246
RTG
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sky-Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wcdhtwn View Post
And the complication brings a large premium, so it's very expensive and useless to 99.9% of the population.
A countdown timer is only limited by your imagination. I found my YMII much more useful, more fun, and easier to read, than the typical chronograph.
RTG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 02:06 AM   #247
RTG

Watch: Sky-Dweller
Quote:
I have a big wrist and have been wanting to add YM2 SS to my collection for a long time. Everytime I get closer to pulling the trigger I ask myself why are these not so popular and relatively easier to get?
I read a hundred posts like this with thousands of negative reviews before ever trying on a YMII. Then I tried one on, bought it, and really loved it.

To mostly sum up the YMII hatred:
Small people hate the size
Poor people hate the price
Boring people hate the boldness

The fact is though, most of the haters have never tried one on. I find even the worst critics usually tone down their nasty after putting one on the wrist. This is a watch that needs to be seen on the flesh. It will never win a hi-res image war with a Daytona. But it wins every battle for me on the flesh.

I own Daytona C's too but never wear them (my wife wears them). The Daytona is so small and hard to read. The white gold hands on my YMII don't deliver instant clarity like an Explorer II, but they are easier to read than the Daytona. IMO the Daytona's screw down pushers are stupid and as unnecessary in 2019 as the YACHT MASTER II text on the YMII bezel. But the text does not delay function, the screw down pushers do. I'll take the extra text over the screw down pushers.

The YMII mechanics are incredible and are delivered with typical Rolex reliability and accuracy. A chronograph with programmable memory countdown that has fly-back and fly-forward. Non-screw down pushers ensure fast activation. Larger dial provides clarity and fast reading not usually found on a chronograph. The countdown complication is only limited by ones own imagination...which also seems to be a weak point of its detractors...Or maybe all the hate is just blocking their creativity.

After owning many Rolex's I have found the 42mm options to be my real sweet spot. Though 44mm, the YMII wears smaller. It is sleek, relatively thin and not clunky. It wears more like a Daytona than a Deepsea. It does stand out in the crowd, but in a good way. The YMII is the only watch I have been complimented on by non-rolex nerds.

Try one on. You might fall in love!

And for the haters who are upset at being called small, poor and boring. That is nothing compared to the hate spewed towards YMII owners. Maybe tone it down. This is not a one size fits all world.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1610x700.jpg (133.3 KB, 372 views)
RTG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 02:13 AM   #248
encarter13
"TRF" Member

YMII looks like an gaudy Invicta design, IMHO.
Old 16 January 2019, 02:29 AM   #249
rolleyme
"TRF" Member

Watch: 326935; 126715
Why does it repeat the 0-10 on the bezel?
rolleyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 12:12 PM   #250
Banned

all I had to say has already been said a million times in this thread

OP I hope you got the idea
997.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 12:19 PM   #251
BigBoy17
"TRF" Member

If they redesigned the bezel and got rid of the yachtmaster II on there, it would be a nice watch
BigBoy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2019, 03:50 AM   #252
RolexReviews
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTG View Post
This is a watch that needs to be seen on the flesh.
It's funny you say that, in my video review I say "this watch needs to be seen in person and on your wrist" and that my camera no matter how clear could not do it justice.

Couldn't agree more. The YMII is in my opinion a beast and unless you've seen it in person and had it in your wrist you could never understand the beauty of it.

RolexReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2019, 04:17 AM   #253
lecorsaire
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
The steel, two tone and even the WG Yachtmaster II are three of the ugliest watches Rolex makes. The YG Yachtmaster II is actually not bad BUT only as long as your wrist is big enough for it to look good.

So that’s why these are usually still available at ADs when you can’t even find a damn black Sub Date.
Old 17 January 2019, 06:04 AM   #254
PatronMTL
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecorsaire View Post
So that’s why these are usually still available at ADs when you can’t even find a damn black Sub Date.
I think it's more the price point and the fact people can't make a profit flipping it which explains it's availability more than anything
PatronMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2019, 07:52 AM   #255
mjr24
Banned

I don’t think it has to do with the price point at all. People buy $12k Daytona’s all day for $20k on the gray market. The watch is simply not desirable to a lot of people for whatever reason to pay $17k. I really don’t think it would be different if the watch were $9k.

It’s a nice watch....just not something versatile enough to wear all the time. I used to want one....still think it’s a cool watch and would be impressed with one if I saw it in person. However, just like the Hulk or Batman....I can’t have 5 colors going on if I wear, say, a red shirt. I’d even bet the YM would be much more popular if the bezel were black.....like real popular.
mjr24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2019, 08:55 AM   #256
yugxelor
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Yatch-Master
The YMII is large and definitely makes a statement. To me, its a watch that anyone with the cash and personality should own. If it makes you happy, go for it. That being said, if you aren't going to use to sail in regattas, there are better watches (both by Rolex and other brands) that can make a statement or be more practical. That being said, do whatever you want. I've always gotten on here and looked at the comments before buying a watch and after second-guessing myself due to the negative comments, bought it anyway and have always been happy with it. Your watch is an extension of you and who you are. If thats you, do it.
yugxelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2019, 12:53 AM   #257
RolexFan007
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yugxelor View Post
The YMII is large and definitely makes a statement. To me, its a watch that anyone with the cash and personality should own. If it makes you happy, go for it. That being said, if you aren't going to use to sail in regattas, there are better watches (both by Rolex and other brands) that can make a statement or be more practical. That being said, do whatever you want. I've always gotten on here and looked at the comments before buying a watch and after second-guessing myself due to the negative comments, bought it anyway and have always been happy with it. Your watch is an extension of you and who you are. If thats you, do it.
So true... thank you

Amazing watch I love it
Old 20 January 2019, 12:54 AM   #258
RolexFan007
"TRF" Member

Here's my new YMII
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190115_164948_crop_569x593.jpg (263.4 KB, 249 views)
Old 28 January 2019, 03:00 PM   #259
Kaioken x20
Banned

Watch: 116618 or 116688?
Make another video talking about how much attention the watch brings :D liked the first one!

Quote:
It's funny you say that, in my video review I say "this watch needs to be seen in person and on your wrist" and that my camera no matter how clear could not do it justice.

Couldn't agree more. The YMII is in my opinion a beast and unless you've seen it in person and had it in your wrist you could never understand the beauty of it.

Kaioken x20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2019, 07:13 AM   #260
RolexReviews
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioken x20 View Post
Make another video talking about how much attention the watch brings :D liked the first one!
will definitely make a "1 year later" style video and talk about my experiences and attention it got for the year. Don't wanna make another YMII video when I only have 2 videos currently (which is a YMII review and LDJ review)

I think it'll be boring to have 2 YMII videos on my channel. Need to put out more content before I go back to the old stuff

RolexReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2019, 06:30 AM   #261
yugxelor
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Yatch-Master
Quote:
Here's my new YMII
Congrats man. I really hope you enjoy it. Wear it with with confidence!
yugxelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2019, 06:50 AM   #262
fel2718
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subs + GMTs
All ugly Rolex’s become sought after eventually lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fel2718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2019, 08:16 AM   #263
Watch This
Banned

Watch: SS YMII
Quote:
Originally Posted by fel2718 View Post
All ugly Rolex’s become sought after eventually lol

1. Not true.
2. Not funny.
3. Not kind.
4. Thanks for the positive contribution.
Watch This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2019, 08:27 AM   #264
fel2718
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subs + GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch This View Post
1. Not true.

2. Not funny.

3. Not kind.

4. Thanks for the positive contribution.

I was only kidding. Who cares what I think? Wear what YOU like

fel2718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2019, 08:40 AM   #265
edyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTG View Post
I read a hundred posts like this with thousands of negative reviews before ever trying on a YMII. Then I tried one on, bought it, and really loved it.

To mostly sum up the YMII hatred:
Small people hate the size
Poor people hate the price
Boring people hate the boldness

The fact is though, most of the haters have never tried one on. I find even the worst critics usually tone down their nasty after putting one on the wrist. This is a watch that needs to be seen on the flesh. It will never win a hi-res image war with a Daytona. But it wins every battle for me on the flesh.

I own Daytona C's too but never wear them (my wife wears them). The Daytona is so small and hard to read. The white gold hands on my YMII don't deliver instant clarity like an Explorer II, but they are easier to read than the Daytona. IMO the Daytona's screw down pushers are stupid and as unnecessary in 2019 as the YACHT MASTER II text on the YMII bezel. But the text does not delay function, the screw down pushers do. I'll take the extra text over the screw down pushers.

The YMII mechanics are incredible and are delivered with typical Rolex reliability and accuracy. A chronograph with programmable memory countdown that has fly-back and fly-forward. Non-screw down pushers ensure fast activation. Larger dial provides clarity and fast reading not usually found on a chronograph. The countdown complication is only limited by ones own imagination...which also seems to be a weak point of its detractors...Or maybe all the hate is just blocking their creativity.

After owning many Rolex's I have found the 42mm options to be my real sweet spot. Though 44mm, the YMII wears smaller. It is sleek, relatively thin and not clunky. It wears more like a Daytona than a Deepsea. It does stand out in the crowd, but in a good way. The YMII is the only watch I have been complimented on by non-rolex nerds.

Try one on. You might fall in love!

And for the haters who are upset at being called small, poor and boring. That is nothing compared to the hate spewed towards YMII owners. Maybe tone it down. This is not a one size fits all world.
Love your picture and your post is funny. I'm one of the "small people" but I like the YM2 and would get one if they made one with the same movement in YM1. Love your picture and looks great on our wrist.
edyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2019, 08:42 AM   #266
edyu

Btw, does anyone know the lug to lug size of YM2?
edyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2019, 08:47 AM   #267
challer
"TRF" Member

To me, it looks gaudy and the 10 minute countdown is worthless, even for racers, which I am. 30 years ago it would have been useful. For a daily wear watch, why?
challer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2019, 09:04 AM   #268
BakerView
"TRF" Member

Watch: that I'm Jonesin 4
Big 44mm, heavy 6.35oz, high profile 14mm, "different", and if you're not racing yachts what do you need its function for? Very unique piece for sure. To each his own on this one....
BakerView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2019, 09:13 AM   #269
Kaioken x20
Banned

Watch: 116618 or 116688?
I need to know whats it like having it on the wrist! Social interactions!

Quote:
will definitely make a "1 year later" style video and talk about my experiences and attention it got for the year. Don't wanna make another YMII video when I only have 2 videos currently (which is a YMII review and LDJ review)

I think it'll be boring to have 2 YMII videos on my channel. Need to put out more content before I go back to the old stuff

Kaioken x20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2019, 11:17 AM   #270
Watch This
Banned

Watch: SS YMII
Quote:
Originally Posted by challer View Post
To me, it looks gaudy and the 10 minute countdown is worthless, even for racers, which I am. 30 years ago it would have been useful. For a daily wear watch, why?
It's not a great daily wearer. it's a great weekend watch.
Watch This is offline   Reply With Quote