The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 28 August 2021, 04:57 AM   #121
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Glad to hear you like it. Close to a year since I wrote this thread and it is still my most worn watch in the collection.

Will do an update.
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2021, 08:53 AM   #122
underpar31009
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP and JLC
Stunning! I love that dial! Congrats friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
underpar31009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2021, 09:58 AM   #123
SpindleK
"TRF" Member

I just saw this piece in person at the AP boutique in Barcelona and its beautiful!
SpindleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2022, 04:35 AM   #124
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Putting attention to this experience as I see interest for the Code 11.59 Purple. Hope you enjoy the discussions.

rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2022, 02:07 AM   #125
Mutsu
"TRF" Member

For any owners here of the purple dial 11.59, how difficult would you say it is to pair with your clothing? Is color clashing a worry? Does it dress down well?

I tried on the purple dial in a boutique as they didn't have the black dial version I was originally interested in. I instantly loved it and thought it was really unique. I saw the blue dial version but didn't try it on. By comparison the blue dial was much brighter.
Mutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2022, 04:10 AM   #126
ajw99
"TRF" Member

All good questions regarding "how purple is it really?".

Please refer to a bunch of posts from 13-16 June 2021, including some I posted with photos.

I wear it with pretty much anything. The outfit doesn't need any purple in it because the dial typically presents as lacquered black. With good indirect lighting, it presents as a dark plumb. Only under excellent direct lighting will any of the dial appear a true purple and it typically then is a just a slice of the dial and definitely not the entire dial. The AP marketing photos, which make the dial look like a true purple through and through, is not at all like it is in-person. Actually, when I took delivery of the watch under the good (but not great) boutique lighting, I thought they mistakenly gave me the black dial version.

Regardless, only recently have I begun to stop pretending it's as purple as I first hoped it would be, and am now enjoying the beauty of the casework and the sapphire glass -- those are often mesmerizing.

Thank you.
ajw99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2022, 09:53 AM   #127
NTCP8
"TRF" Member

The purple dial is not the issue, its the rose gold case which is more difficult to match with your belt and shoes... My belts and some of my shoes have silver hardware, felt a bit weird the first I worn my CODE RG with silver hardware belt and shoes. Got over it now...

Wanted to buy the John Lobb RG belt, but the rose gold was a bit too pink in comparison with the CODE. WG is definitely easier to match with your clothes. Can't wear my CODE (purple, black kevlar strap) with brown shoes, just doesn't fit. Black shoes, black belt no issue.
NTCP8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2022, 10:01 AM   #128
eal15
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet 15
congrats!
eal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2022, 02:35 PM   #129
Mutsu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw99 View Post
All good questions regarding "how purple is it really?".

Please refer to a bunch of posts from 13-16 June 2021, including some I posted with photos.

I wear it with pretty much anything. The outfit doesn't need any purple in it because the dial typically presents as lacquered black. With good indirect lighting, it presents as a dark plumb. Only under excellent direct lighting will any of the dial appear a true purple and it typically then is a just a slice of the dial and definitely not the entire dial. The AP marketing photos, which make the dial look like a true purple through and through, is not at all like it is in-person. Actually, when I took delivery of the watch under the good (but not great) boutique lighting, I thought they mistakenly gave me the black dial version.

Regardless, only recently have I begun to stop pretending it's as purple as I first hoped it would be, and am now enjoying the beauty of the casework and the sapphire glass -- those are often mesmerizing.

Thank you.
Thanks for the info - so you were actually hoping that the purple stood out more?

I had the same impression at the boutique when I saw the purple. The video I took of it somehow looks more purple than I remember too.

I'm on a waiting list for the purple dial right now, the blue dial is in higher demand and ADs suggested the wait would be over a year.
Old 30 March 2022, 02:38 PM   #130
Mutsu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTCP8 View Post
The purple dial is not the issue, its the rose gold case which is more difficult to match with your belt and shoes... My belts and some of my shoes have silver hardware, felt a bit weird the first I worn my CODE RG with silver hardware belt and shoes. Got over it now...

Wanted to buy the John Lobb RG belt, but the rose gold was a bit too pink in comparison with the CODE. WG is definitely easier to match with your clothes. Can't wear my CODE (purple, black kevlar strap) with brown shoes, just doesn't fit. Black shoes, black belt no issue.
I used to always make sure I matched in terms of silver / gold hardware, but being as I dress mostly on the casual side, I think different hardware is ok.

I prefer the look of the rose gold (and don't have any in my collection), but would be wearing it will platinum rings on the same hand.
Old 30 March 2022, 03:04 PM   #131
NTCP8
"TRF" Member

Something else to consider are the straps... WG matches better with the straps AP has to offer. Besides the black kevlar and alligator, can't really put anything else on it. Maybe the dark brown alligator strap, but that's about it. I don't regret getting the RG purple dial, but it is more difficult to match with your clothes.
Old 30 March 2022, 03:59 PM   #132
Mutsu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTCP8 View Post
Something else to consider are the straps... WG matches better with the straps AP has to offer. Besides the black kevlar and alligator, can't really put anything else on it. Maybe the dark brown alligator strap, but that's about it. I don't regret getting the RG purple dial, but it is more difficult to match with your clothes.
Right, I was thinking black kevlar and black alligator, but most of the time I'd keep it on the kevlar. I wouldn't have the confidence to do the change myself, so would have to rely on going into a boutique to swap straps.

I wore a black hoody with light blue jeans and white sneakers when I tried on the purple dial. While I didn't properly check how it looked with that whole outfit, I didn't immediately think that it didn't match what I was wearing. Perhaps it would stand out though.
Old 30 March 2022, 04:02 PM   #133
Mutsu
"TRF" Member

Also curious if anyone bought the deployment clasp and has opinions or pictures?
Old 30 March 2022, 06:58 PM   #134
NTCP8
"TRF" Member

Would be great to know… I was considering to buy the RG deployant but it was 40k HKD. Not entirely sure if I want to spend that…