The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 September 2020, 09:55 AM   #1
hyperhad
"TRF" Member

Watch: '69 Speedy Moon
Tudor Presentation Watch?

Hello, back after a (long) while away.

I just purchased (what I hope is) a vintage Tudor Automatic (finally, my first). It is in a solid 14k case. Inside the case back, stamped, is TUDOR, 14k Gold, 7004. These are the only marks anywhere on the case. The movement is a cal 2776. The silver dial has a black, printed, not raised, metal shield, under the 12. Under this is just the name TUDOR, again in black. There is noting else on the dial, except for "SWISS", under the 6. It was suggested to me by two different watch enthusiasts that these watches, in this particular configuration, were commissioned by Canada Steamship Lines as retirement watches for 25-year employees. This watch has just such an inscription dating it to 1975.

Two separate watch enthusiasts told me this same story. So I am researching now, on this great forum. I thought it was a redial/franken when I got it last week, so I could really use some help on this

Photos to follow once I figure out how to do that. Files were too large, so have to resize.
hyperhad is offline   Reply With Quote