The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 31 January 2024, 02:16 AM   #31
ppierce
"TRF" Member

Dont spend $15k on a Speedy? Buy the regular reference for $6-7k.
ppierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 07:34 AM   #32
TomInNJ
"TRF" Member

This guy is an idiot who is trying to build his channel by going on profanity-laden rants every other day.

If I understand his point, he thinks that once a price has been established for a watch, it is wrong to discount that price. Well, in what world is that a rule? The life-cycle of most consumer goods is that they are higher priced at the beginning of their product cycle when they are the "new" thing, and then get discounted as they are replaced by other "new" things and become the old thing. There are a select few luxury watches that defy that cycle sometimes, but they are the exception and not the rule.

And I don't believe for a second that this guy demanded and received a refund for a 321 Ed White that he bought at some unspecified time in the past, simply because other Omega watches were discounted. Sorry, I don't believe it. No way would Omega refund a customer on that basis, and even this guy is smart enough to know that a 321 is one of the most valuable Omegas on the secondary market. If you didn't want the watch anymore (because other Omegas have been sold at a discount???) why would you go to Omega and demand a refund, when instead you could sell yours on the secondary market for a premium over what you paid?

Sorry, this is just incoherent ranting from a blowhard trying to garner views.
TomInNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 07:44 AM   #33
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomInNJ View Post

And I don't believe for a second that this guy demanded and received a refund for a 321 Ed White that he bought at some unspecified time in the past, simply because other Omega watches were discounted. Sorry, I don't believe it. No way would Omega refund a customer on that basis …
Ditto that
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 09:12 AM   #34
Dave O
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This guy is an idiot who is trying to build his channel by going on profanity-laden rants every other day.

If I understand his point, he thinks that once a price has been established for a watch, it is wrong to discount that price. Well, in what world is that a rule? The life-cycle of most consumer goods is that they are higher priced at the beginning of their product cycle when they are the "new" thing, and then get discounted as they are replaced by other "new" things and become the old thing. There are a select few luxury watches that defy that cycle sometimes, but they are the exception and not the rule.

And I don't believe for a second that this guy demanded and received a refund for a 321 Ed White that he bought at some unspecified time in the past, simply because other Omega watches were discounted. Sorry, I don't believe it. No way would Omega refund a customer on that basis, and even this guy is smart enough to know that a 321 is one of the most valuable Omegas on the secondary market. If you didn't want the watch anymore (because other Omegas have been sold at a discount???) why would you go to Omega and demand a refund, when instead you could sell yours on the secondary market for a premium over what you paid?

Sorry, this is just incoherent ranting from a blowhard trying to garner views.
See post #8. He bought the watch but wasn't going to pick it up until February.
Dave O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 09:29 AM   #35
TomInNJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave O View Post
Does he say that in the video? I missed that.

But it makes even less sense. I bought two watches that were later available for less with discounts. I’m mad about that. So, in order to get retribution against the manufacturer, I will refuse to buy a watch that I already paid for and which I can flip for a very handsome profit the very day I pick it up. That’ll show them.

I bet the “I’m going to pick it up in February” story is bs. He probably falsely claimed that he got allocated a 321, and rather than be shown to be lying he made up this whole “I’m refusing the 321 in order to spite them” story. Just doesn’t add up.

But even if I’m wrong and he’s telling the gospel truth, he’s still an obnoxious blowhard.
TomInNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 10:39 AM   #36
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Even mighty Ed white near msrp , under with tax even. Great watch but hype gone. Demand still greater than supply but not influencing price too much. I’ve been waiting so long
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 05:37 PM   #37
rolex01
"TRF" Member

No previous purchase, its very hard to receive an allocation for 321, he had bought so many and count him lucky to receive one.
rolex01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2024, 03:45 AM   #38
tlbarrs
"TRF" Member

Quote:

But it makes even less sense. I bought two watches that were later available for less with discounts. I’m mad about that. So, in order to get retribution against the manufacturer, I will refuse to buy a watch that I already paid for and which I can flip for a very handsome profit the very day I pick it up. That’ll show them.

I bet the “I’m going to pick it up in February” story is bs. He probably falsely claimed that he got allocated a 321, and rather than be shown to be lying he made up this whole “I’m refusing the 321 in order to spite them” story. Just doesn’t add up.

But even if I’m wrong and he’s telling the gospel truth, he’s still an obnoxious blowhard.

I know Brendon very well he’s actually a really nice guy when he’s not blowing his top over Omega’s and would do anything for you in real life, and I can confirm he is telling the truth 100% I was actually going with him to collect it, wished he had dropped the shit bomb before I’d paid for my train tickets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tlbarrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2024, 06:23 AM   #39
lawyerdude
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_TA View Post
The discount era is over. Go try to get more than 10% on 3861 Speeedmaster at AD.
Even the grey makrrt sellers aren’t offering 20%. The cheapest on Chrono24 is $6500+. I thought 25% for a grey market speedmaster would be fair and it doesn’t seem that’s available right now.
Old 8 February 2024, 06:30 AM   #40
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave O View Post
I don’t believe that either
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2024, 06:36 AM   #41
Ramathorn
Banned

Quote:

He posted it in the comments as a reply to someone.
Ramathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 02:10 AM   #42
EmJay
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Strangely I have not seen many discounts on new Omegas recently and as suggested the MSRP's keep going up.
EmJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 12:51 PM   #43
Radbloke
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlbarrs View Post
I know Brendon very well he’s actually a really nice guy when he’s not blowing his top over Omega’s and would do anything for you in real life, and I can confirm he is telling the truth 100% I was actually going with him to collect it, wished he had dropped the shit bomb before I’d paid for my train tickets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So, you're saying him acting like a complete bell-end to his AD over a non-existent issue, then carrying on like a pork chop into a camera and posting it on youtube is all an act? Give that man the oscar.
Radbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2024, 11:07 AM   #44
TimeAZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post
This.

Guy in the video sounds like a douche, but he’s not wrong. But he doesn’t understand Omega is just going back to where it was 5 years ago. There’s no more Omega and Rolex comparison, that was 15 years ago.

Now it’s Omega and Tudor, and frankly Tudor is winning.
Bingo!!
Old 15 February 2024, 04:27 PM   #45
Goldilock
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
Omega put a flying snoopy on the case back…
I don’t know what is worse, That omega did that or that some think it’s worth over msrp.
Actually that flying Snoopy looks very cool to me and its execution is awesome.
Goldilock is offline   Reply With Quote