The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 6 October 2017, 07:17 AM   #1
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Pam113

Never been a Panerai guy. Always liked them from afar but do not understand their models etc. I will do more research tonight. But I was offered this particular watch today at what appears to be a decent price. Just really wondering if it is at all desirable outside of I like the look. In really good shape. Money seems good according to C24.

Complete set box etc. On the rubber PAM strap and comes with a PAM leather strap and a PAM croc strap included. Says number 167/800 on the back. Dealer was asking $3400. Fair?? No?? Not a desirable watch to most?? Opinions in general on this one as I see very few white dials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 09:05 AM   #2
chemistman
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR, Exp II, SubC
Is this the 40mm model? Price sounds about right if it is. Normally white pams are cheaper and being 40mm also makes it cheaper too.
chemistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 09:50 AM   #3
nick c
Banned

Panerai 113 it’s 44mm ^^
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 10:53 AM   #4
Jim M
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 14060M 16622
WDL. Price is reasonable for what you are getting. It is a fun piece. I owned one for about two years.
Old 6 October 2017, 11:19 AM   #5
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemistman View Post
Is this the 40mm model? Price sounds about right if it is. Normally white pams are cheaper and being 40mm also makes it cheaper too.

As Nick said, 44.

But the white dial is what I was really wondering about. And more about what the Panerai community's opinion of the white dial was. As this for me would likely be a short time love affair and I don't want to get hurt too bad.

Every PAM that I have saw that I liked was the sunburst almost gray sandwich dial. May keep looking for one of those.

This one just happened to fall in my lap when at my Oris dealer today.

Old 6 October 2017, 11:44 AM   #6
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
I like it but there are other white dial PAMs that I’d pick up first. If you had a few Panerai then I’d say go for it but I’m not sure I’d be enabling too assertively for a one and only.

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Ruud Van Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 11:45 AM   #7
chemistman
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR, Exp II, SubC
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdex75 View Post
As Nick said, 44.

But the white dial is what I was really wondering about. And more about what the Panerai community's opinion of the white dial was. As this for me would likely be a short time love affair and I don't want to get hurt too bad.

Every PAM that I have saw that I liked was the sunburst almost gray sandwich dial. May keep looking for one of those.

This one just happened to fall in my lap when at my Oris dealer today.

Oops didn't read the model.

White dial is gorgeous , but just not as popular so it will be hard to sell later on. If you've bought it at a good price you got nothing to worry about.
chemistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 11:57 AM   #8
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Got me thinking now. If I was looking for another Panerai (which I’m not) and I wanted a white dial (which I don’t) then I’d be all over that 654.

Theoretically.

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Ruud Van Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 12:57 PM   #9
nick c
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruud Van Driver View Post
Got me thinking now. If I was looking for another Panerai (which I’m not) and I wanted a white dial (which I don’t) then I’d be all over that 654.

Theoretically.

BingoIMG_6073.JPG

Old 6 October 2017, 03:05 PM   #10
Cru Jones
2024 Pledge Member

In the price range of the 113 up to 8/10k, there's no finer white dial PAM than the 113, IMHO. Sure, the 654 if the budget permits.

Buy the 113 only if you love it, as white dial PAMs aren't "traditional". That being said, the deal seems really good, so you're not risking much.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 03:37 PM   #11
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick c View Post
BingoAttachment 895487

Double bingo
Old 6 October 2017, 10:12 PM   #12
fullcourt
"TRF" Member

Watch: panerai
....buy what you like

chgo_risti on IG
fullcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 10:52 PM   #13
Sublovin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
Please don't take this the wrong way but not sure I understand the meaning of your post. Why do you care what we feel are the most desirable? If you're asking because you're buying is an investment, then it's a bad idea. If you like the way it looks and you like the watch then that is all that matters and you should buy it. The price seems very fair, but I wouldn't buy it just because it's a good price.
Sublovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2017, 01:07 AM   #14
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
In the price range of the 113 up to 8/10k, there's no finer white dial PAM than the 113, IMHO. Sure, the 654 if the budget permits.

Buy the 113 only if you love it, as white dial PAMs aren't "traditional". That being said, the deal seems really good, so you're not risking much.

Thanks Cru. Wouldn't call it love as much as opportunity. This is what I think of when I think of a PAM that I would seek out. May pass and look for one of these. Photo from google.

That being said, if anyone is looking for a 113 and wants a watch that I have seen in person that is very nice DM me and I can go take more pictures and get the contact info to you.

Old 7 October 2017, 01:35 AM   #15
nick c
Banned

Why don’t you try the 372

Old 7 October 2017, 10:07 AM   #16
stockae92
"TRF" Member

Depends on series (production year => when would be the next service) of the watch, and if you are getting that from a reputable watch store trade in (which they will back up the authenticity of the watch), it seems to be quite a decent deal.

White dial PAM is not for every one, but they are more "unusual" (think white dial Rolex sports watch vs. the black dial ones). I love mine for the lower number of production, more rare in the wild (not that PAM is that common to begin with, certainly less seen than Rolex Sub and DJ), and it has now been discontinued.

If you like them less common, then white dial PAM is a good choice. One thing though, white dial 44mm Luminor certainly has less lume material on the dial, hence it won't have the good lume you hear about Panerai. That doesn't bother me though, just buyer beware. :)

Here's my 114

For the days that I perfer good lume, I just go with 000 :)

stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote