The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 18 November 2017, 10:15 AM   #31
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Been a mma fan for many years now. I recognize the guys' skills (incredible reflexes and distance control in striking) and ability to handle the big stage....I even have come to understand his marketing/hype ****-talking the last couple years.....but I have never been a Conor convert overall....I still think his climb to where he is has been carefully crafted/marketed (doesn't mean he hasn't overcame adversities) and he'd be destroyed by many top lightweights and featherweights in UFC right now. But hey, every time I've doubted him he gets his hand raised....so what do I know. The thing I respect the most about Conor is definitely his intelligence in and outside the octagon though (controlling/dictating his opponents via various methods and the way he markets himself outside the octagon).
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 11:21 AM   #32
liwang22
"TRF" Member

He’s definitely a good fighter. I’m a Nate Diaz fan though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
liwang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 11:50 AM   #33
geebob
"TRF" Member

Watch: SpeedyPro Explorer
He’s a good fighter, I don’t like the way he markets himself though, but aparently the marketing ploy works really well and perhaps to him that what really matters. Bad things or good things as long as people talk about him, his fight tickets will always sell.
geebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 12:00 PM   #34
machob55
"TRF" Member

He has his ups and downs, but as a watch collector he is right on the money! Has an extensive and impressive collection of Rolex watches....

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk
machob55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 09:27 AM   #35
Oldfashioned
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M
He won't go broke in 5 years, he's smarter than that, it's all a show to him.

On the other hand, I don't think he's a good fighter, he's a striker, plain and simple. He has no ground game, and he doesn't seem to be able to manage his endurance properly. He should have lost Nate Diaz 2 fight when he started running away.
Oldfashioned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2017, 02:21 PM   #36
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
He puts on a good show. I lost some respect for him after his latest antics with the ref. He is a showman that knows how to bring in the money.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2017, 05:49 AM   #37
tbonesteak
"TRF" Member

Watch: me go broke!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
Enter the UFC and we'll see. I put my money on McGregor
Vegas just released odds:

tbonesteak +$6,750,000

Not bad
tbonesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2017, 06:35 AM   #38
DonBateman
Banned

Watch: I like watch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui View Post
Been a mma fan for many years now. I recognize the guys' skills (incredible reflexes and distance control in striking) and ability to handle the big stage....I even have come to understand his marketing/hype ****-talking the last couple years.....but I have never been a Conor convert overall....I still think his climb to where he is has been carefully crafted/marketed (doesn't mean he hasn't overcame adversities) and he'd be destroyed by many top lightweights and featherweights in UFC right now. But hey, every time I've doubted him he gets his hand raised....so what do I know. The thing I respect the most about Conor is definitely his intelligence in and outside the octagon though (controlling/dictating his opponents via various methods and the way he markets himself outside the octagon).

Good opinion. I feel the same mostly. Hard not to respect Conor. He is kind of like Floyd Mayweather. He understands the way the business works and knows how to get paid and market himself. A lot of fighters forget this sport requires the fighter to "sell themselves". One on One sports are different then say, the NFL.
DonBateman is offline   Reply With Quote