The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Reviews

Old 3 May 2009, 12:44 AM   #61
Foxy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 16610
Great reviews indeed. JJ, I've been lurking on these forums for years, seen you go to Omega and back to Rolex :-), and I just sold my PO and got myself a brand new 16610 V. Paid retail, but this beauty is worth every penny. Now I know what class means in a watch!
Foxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2009, 08:50 AM   #62
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Great reviews indeed. JJ, I've been lurking on these forums for years, seen you go to Omega and back to Rolex :-), and I just sold my PO and got myself a brand new 16610 V. Paid retail, but this beauty is worth every penny. Now I know what class means in a watch!
Well said, Foxy. Welcome to this great forum of ours. Hope you enjoy your stay here!!

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2009, 11:03 PM   #63
Tomrose11

Watch: Submariner
16610!

Yes no matter what comes out ever from rolex...the 16610 (pref no holes case and SEL model) will be the best made watch ever, except maybe just maybe a ceramic bezel version of the 16610. Might I say....

116610!!!!!
Tomrose11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2009, 09:23 PM   #64
zidaneong
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex YG Datejust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomrose11 View Post
Yes no matter what comes out ever from rolex...the 16610 (pref no holes case and SEL model) will be the best made watch ever, except maybe just maybe a ceramic bezel version of the 16610. Might I say....

116610!!!!!
yes, agree that the 16610 is one of the best made rolex ever. :)
[1] Rolex TT Blue Dial Submariner 16613 (M serial) [2] Rolex YG Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial) [3] Rolex YG Datejust 16238 (L Serial) [4] Rolex YG Gold Crystal Daytona 116518 [5] Patek Philippe SS Aquanaut 5065
zidaneong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2009, 05:07 AM   #65
els4
"TRF" Member

Watch: Wimbledon DJ
Thanks JJ and Frans. Never too late for a review. I'm still on the Honeymoon with my 16610 after 12 years. My first Rolex was in 1987 (TT DJ, champagne dial, jubilee bracelet). Sold it to a co-worker in 1997 and bought a SS GMT Pepsi. Shortly after the GMT purchase in 97 I fell in love with the Sub. Sold the GMT to pay for the Sub. I have worn the Sub every day since then and I still love it. I came across this forum by accident while looking up info on the Milgauss last week. What a site. Awesome. I just joined yesterday. I've seen quite a few posts from JJ. Quite the wealth of knowledge you are. For the first time since 1997 I'm thinking about buying a watch. I must say that I kind of miss the Pepsi after seeing some of them on TRF. Also love the Daytonas (who doesn't), and really like the Milgauss GV.

Thanks again for the great reviews,
Edgars
els4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2009, 06:38 AM   #66
SilverTrain

Hi all

New here myself, although have been 'lurking' for about a month. (Previously on other forums too)

I have today become the proud owner of a pre-owned (2005) 16610 myself! Got a cracking deal (prices are at last coming down a little due to the recession, I guess) , and the thing looks brand new with all box, papers, bezel protector supplied, etc.

I had to sell my beloved 14060 (no-date, as if you didn't know) to fund it. I was sad to see that go, and still maintain the 14060 is more elegant, but I couldn't really live without the date feature (I kept kidding myself that I could check a newspaper, the computer, my phone for the date , but it wasn't the same..).

I'm looking forward to seeing how accurate this one is (after a stunning 14060 performance of +2 a week) and will post some photos soon.

I hope to keep this thing for good!

- SilverTrain
SilverTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2009, 10:32 PM   #67
zidaneong
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTrain View Post
Hi all

New here myself, although have been 'lurking' for about a month. (Previously on other forums too)

I have today become the proud owner of a pre-owned (2005) 16610 myself! Got a cracking deal (prices are at last coming down a little due to the recession, I guess) , and the thing looks brand new with all box, papers, bezel protector supplied, etc.

I had to sell my beloved 14060 (no-date, as if you didn't know) to fund it. I was sad to see that go, and still maintain the 14060 is more elegant, but I couldn't really live without the date feature (I kept kidding myself that I could check a newspaper, the computer, my phone for the date , but it wasn't the same..).

I'm looking forward to seeing how accurate this one is (after a stunning 14060 performance of +2 a week) and will post some photos soon.

I hope to keep this thing for good!

- SilverTrain
Congrats on getting a sub. :)
[1] Rolex TT Blue Dial Submariner 16613 (M serial) [2] Rolex YG Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial) [3] Rolex YG Datejust 16238 (L Serial) [4] Rolex YG Gold Crystal Daytona 116518 [5] Patek Philippe SS Aquanaut 5065
Old 23 June 2009, 04:58 AM   #68
els4
"TRF" Member

Watch: Wimbledon DJ
Welcome SilverTrain,

I've been wearing my 16610 fo 12 years and I still love the watch, however I have always thought the Sub ND was a little nicer looking (cleaner). The only thing that has kept me from swiching over to the ND is the feeling that after several weeks or months I couldn't do without the date, so I'll probably keep this one, and maybe someday if I have some extra cash, go out and get a Sub ND.
els4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2009, 10:08 AM   #69
SilverTrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by els4 View Post
Welcome SilverTrain,

I've been wearing my 16610 fo 12 years and I still love the watch, however I have always thought the Sub ND was a little nicer looking (cleaner). The only thing that has kept me from swiching over to the ND is the feeling that after several weeks or months I couldn't do without the date, so I'll probably keep this one, and maybe someday if I have some extra cash, go out and get a Sub ND.
Yes, I found myself checking for the date several times a day.. but it wasn't there. I thought, if I only have one Rolex, it needs to be a date model (despite my brain's ability to remember the date throughout the day) - but logic just doesn't come into it, does it?

The only downside is that the 16610 was running way too fast (+ 20 a day) and so I have sent it off for a service.
SilverTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2009, 09:24 PM   #70
zidaneong
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTrain View Post
Yes, I found myself checking for the date several times a day.. but it wasn't there. I thought, if I only have one Rolex, it needs to be a date model (despite my brain's ability to remember the date throughout the day) - but logic just doesn't come into it, does it?

The only downside is that the 16610 was running way too fast (+ 20 a day) and so I have sent it off for a service.
ya, agree. The 16610 is running fast, but date function really depends on individuals, i can't live without date function. And one thing, is DJ running fast too? Cos my R series DJ is running faster than my other watches. Thanks. :)
Old 28 June 2009, 09:55 PM   #71
RolexPete32
"TRF" Member

Watch: You know... Rolex
Great review. Thank you
RolexPete32 is offline   Reply With Quote