The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 31 December 2019, 12:09 PM   #1
Retumbo
"TRF" Member

New to me ROOC 42 RC -> Strap Resize

Howdy all,

Christmas was great this year and I am now in possession of my first AP! This one was passed along from a family member and I have every intention to pass it along to the next generation when the time comes. In the meantime however, I would like to wear it with pride and need to do something about the strap.

I have a 6.25" wrist, and in addition to the deployant clasp digging into my wrist, the watch is lose in the smallest hole in both strap orientations. From what I can gather from searching this forum, I have the following options to procure a rubber strap that fits:

1. Purchase a 20mm AP Tang Buckle and a "Short Newer Oval Style" 42mm ROOC Rubber Strap from either an AP Boutique or APSC (Part number?)

2. Purchase a 24mm AP Tang Buckle and an "XS" 42mm ROO Diver Rubber Strap from either an AP Boutique or APSC (Part number?)

3. Aftermarket 18mm Tang Buckle and punch a hole in the existing "Older Circle Style" AP Rubber Strap (Ebay?)

4. Aftermarket Strap and Deployant/Buckle (????)

Am I missing anything? I'm assuming my best option is to go with the 20mm Tang Buckle considering my wrist size?

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year to all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20191230_172913627_resize.jpg (129.7 KB, 93 views)
Retumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2020, 04:51 PM   #2
Doctock
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
I'd suggest #2.
There are several XS Diver straps in the Classified section and I think you will be more likely to find more OEM Diver straps that take the traditional 24mm tang.
Doctock is offline   Reply With Quote