The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 24 April 2015, 02:22 AM   #1
kjp1
Banned

Watch: 1680 Sub
Icon10 Can't wait til' Friday!...

While I enjoyed my first edition of the AT cal.8500 with teak grey dial, I found the all brushed bracelet and grey dial to kind of wash out. (At least that was my excuse for flipping it at the time). So, I was excited to see that Omega is now making a true black dial version in the Master Co-Axial with polished center links. I was debating between this watch and the Rolex Datejust II, but just couldn't get over the tiny hands and big dial markers on the Rolex that seem way off balance,(IMHO).
Will post pics when it arrives.
kjp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2015, 02:35 AM   #2
Cuts33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjp1 View Post
While I enjoyed my first edition of the AT cal.8500 with teak grey dial, I found the all brushed bracelet and grey dial to kind of wash out. (At least that was my excuse for flipping it at the time). So, I was excited to see that Omega is now making a true black dial version in the Master Co-Axial with polished center links. I was debating between this watch and the Rolex Datejust II, but just couldn't get over the tiny hands and big dial markers on the Rolex that seem way off balance,(IMHO).
Will post pics when it arrives.
Congrats!

Be sure to post pics.

I have tried that watch several times and it really is something in person.

I have also debated between the Master Co-Axial AT and the DJ2 - 116300. I was torn between the blue AT and the blue stick DJ.

In the end, I find the AT to just be a nicer looking watch and the for the price, I do not think it can be beat. I'd say the street price is about $4500 for BNIB with mfg warranty.

The adjustable clasp on the DJ was the only thing I preferred over the AT, but I could live without it.
Cuts33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2015, 02:52 AM   #3
kjp1
Banned

Watch: 1680 Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuts33 View Post
Congrats!

Be sure to post pics.

I have tried that watch several times and it really is something in person.

I have also debated between the Master Co-Axial AT and the DJ2 - 116300. I was torn between the blue AT and the blue stick DJ.

In the end, I find the AT to just be a nicer looking watch and the for the price, I do not think it can be beat. I'd say the street price is about $4500 for BNIB with mfg warranty.

The adjustable clasp on the DJ was the only thing I preferred over the AT, but I could live without it.
I agree. I think Omega is way ahead of the rest of the big producers in technical movement innovations. I'm fortunate to have a very good connection with an AD, so value for the money is even better
I also agree that the finish on the Rolex bracelets are a step up from the Omegas, but far from worth the style detractor on the hands. Will post pics tomorrow!
kjp1 is offline   Reply With Quote