The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 5 June 2021, 07:20 AM   #1
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Seiko service time?

I have a quartz (go ahead, hate me) from (I think) the late 80s. Don’t ask me the model number but it looks like a turtle, but quartz movement. I use it as my beater. Whenever I don’t want to wear my Rolex, like to the gym for example, I put on the beater. The bezel locked up, and as far as I knew the watch had never been serviced, so I took it to my local AD (Seiko and Rolex AD) and dropped it off; this was April 1 (no, this is not a fools joke). The Ad called me a couple weeks later and said the estimate was $180 for a complete service. I thought this was very reasonable and said go ahead and do it. Here we are, first week of June and the AD says Seiko still has not done the service.

Two months? Really? Is Seiko that backed up it takes two months to get a service on a quartz watch?
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2021, 11:22 PM   #2
WatchingTimePassBy
"TRF" Member

You should never bring a Seiko watch to Seiko for servicing. It happens so often that you get the watch back and they completely messed up the watch.
WatchingTimePassBy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2021, 02:18 AM   #3
Billfav
"TRF" Member

So far happy with Seiko service

I sent my Capt Willard off to the NJ Seiko service center for a warranty repair. That was about 3 weeks ago, just got it back. Seems to be working fine. If the problem is remedied (only had it 24 hours) I have to say that is good service.
Billfav is offline   Reply With Quote