The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old Yesterday, 01:17 AM   #271
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
For people who don't know, unlike a lot of states, California has a rather mixed bag of interests that comes down to perhaps 3 income centers. There the mainly conservative center of the state that is agriculture, there's Silicon Valley which was probably mostly liberal until the nerds became moguls, and there is Hollywood, which since it's arts based is mostly liberal as well. And there is Orange County, just south of LA which was mostly conservative but is probably half and half now. And there is San Diego which was a military town and not sure what it is now. And of course San Francisco which is very liberal.

So there have been a lot of "interests" to please. 40 million people live here and about 18 million in the LA area.

Part of the environmental/smog thing which California was a leader in has to do with LA's very unique geographic location. It's located in a basin, and unlike most cities, the smog it produced didn't blow away, it settled over the city and didn't move, hence the stringent laws (that actually worked) to reduce pollution.

But it's a vast state with a loud variety of financial interests which is different than most states that are less divided in how things are done.

So somehow with those people loading up the station wagon, pulling up stakes and moving to TX or FLA, we'll miss you terribly.... but see ya, and we'll soldier on here without you.......and as Jimmy Buffet states, "the weather is here, I wish you were beautiful"....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atone View Post
This all comes down to political leanings. You can feel the seething disdain in some of the posts. The truth is, so many people talk about CA and the state of things here bc it’s a place worth talking about. I had a buddy in college who dated this stunner of woman on and off and off and on for years. He’d date other girls but always back to Summer (that was actually her name). She was really something. So to those dating Texas, Florida, NC, Idaho and upset/worried about what Summer’s up to . . . Enjoy who you’re with, we’ll enjoy who we chose. These threads always read like my grandfather’s take on popular music in his later years, lol.
Beautiful state for sure. I think LA and Bay Area are driving most of the policy for the state due to population demographics. Good points as they have unique needs vs the rest of the state. I will say I visited LA a year or two after the LA riots and the city was still in better shape than it is today. Kind of sad, but everything is 30 years older now so not unexpected. Much of America's infrastructure of course was built during the auto boom and of similar age. I would love to see an investment in alternative infrastructure. That includes high-speed rails, regional rails, additional airports, additional power sources (outside of coal). For the latter, over-ran power lines going thru dry Forrests, just doesn't work without issues. Seems like a lot of finger pointing (not from either of you but rather in general) rather than solutions coming from leadership. If any state has the need and resources (and ability) to invest in alternative infrastructure it's CA. A lot of the cyclical trend in moving, will just put a burden on the other states that don't have infrastructure to support population booms. So it is not necessarily a solution imo.
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:21 AM   #272
Everbillz
"TRF" Member

I was born and raised and still living in Orange County CA. I agree, its expensive, but I love it. For now I will pay the price to have the things that Southern California offers like the: ability to drive to the beach/desert/mountains/forest within a few hours max, some of the best and diverse food scenes, damn near perfect weather year round, etc...

I have a lot of friends moving to Vegas. You couldn't pay me enough to live in Vegas.
Everbillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:01 AM   #273
Duey
2021 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many To List
The biggest issue here today is that CO2 from California fires dwarf stateís fossil fuel emissions but we want everybody to get an electric car. And California spends Billions on high speed rail to no where.

Last yearís fires in California as of September had already burned through 1.4 million hectares (3.4 million acres) of land, and the fire season didn't end for at least a couple of months.
The fires had already generated more than 91 million metric tons of carbon dioxide, which is about 25% more than the stateís annual emissions from fossil fuels.
Higher carbon emissions contribute to a multipart climate feedback, accelerating climate change which then sets the stage for more fires that will emit an increasing amount of carbon dioxide, experts say.
Duey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:06 AM   #274
Dontknow
2021 Bright Blue DJ41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post
I hope you make it back to San Diego, CA! I took a job in Chicago, IL for a few years. I lived in Lincoln Park beautiful view of the city and the lake... #$@! the Winters! I vowed to Never Leave San Diego again!

The Trick Here Is Once You Have Roots, Don't Pull Them Out!
Thank you sir. I plan to keep looking and hope the opportunity presents itself. Very true about once you have roots there. Thanks again
Old Yesterday, 02:15 AM   #275
STEELINOX
2021 Bright Blue DJ41-2 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX-less atm...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everbillz View Post
I was born and raised and still living in Orange County CA. I agree, its expensive, but I love it. For now I will pay the price to have the things that Southern California offers like the: ability to drive to the beach/desert/mountains/forest within a few hours max, some of the best and diverse food scenes, damn near perfect weather year round, etc...

I have a lot of friends moving to Vegas. You couldn't pay me enough to live in Vegas.
I grew up in HB, and it is unrecognizable today. Surfed Bolsa Chica and the Wedge. Meadowlark Airport which we flew into for breakfast is long gone. Latka's Golden Glove - gone. Things change. Downtown saw riots and just stupidity. My bro still lives there, yup, he still is there! I dread going to HB now. The whole region is just - "plasticized" for lack of a better word...

*Positive Waves Baby: 154, 114 +~+~+~*
Lug Hole Loyalist / Chamfer Line Inspector
STEELINOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:55 AM   #276
904VT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duey View Post
The biggest issue here today is that CO2 from California fires dwarf state’s fossil fuel emissions but we want everybody to get an electric car. And California spends Billions on high speed rail to no where.

Last year’s fires in California as of September had already burned through 1.4 million hectares (3.4 million acres) of land, and the fire season didn't end for at least a couple of months.
The fires had already generated more than 91 million metric tons of carbon dioxide, which is about 25% more than the state’s annual emissions from fossil fuels.
Higher carbon emissions contribute to a multipart climate feedback, accelerating climate change which then sets the stage for more fires that will emit an increasing amount of carbon dioxide, experts say.
It probably would've made a lot of sense to invest in high-speed regional rails first with electric overhead power. Those lines that would help alleviate daily commute pressures and be most practical. Into and out of the cities and to and from a beach town or two for destinations. High-speed between LA and SF imo really only helps tourism (from out of state). It's too far of distance to be useful/impact daily commerce or commutes and not many business reasons to go back and forth between those two cities so frequently to justify. The lack of willingness to accept overhead electric lines from my perspective can only be rooted in two possibilities: Lack of education on the subject/interest in finding a solution and/or electrical grids not being able to handle. The latter though would be extremely puzzling considering the push towards electric vehicles.

In all fairness, not picking on the West Coast as the East Coast has outdated infrastructure as well. What the East Coast does have though are regional and local rails. CA built the modern day freeways instead, since a lower expense. Geographically speaking the East does have more economic rationale to build regional rails though as cities and suburbs are closer together. It won't be an easy project, but then again nothing of importance ever is.
Old Yesterday, 03:09 AM   #277
Playinwittime
"TRF" Member

Watch: out! I'm coming.
An opinion is like an a$$hole, everyone has one. Mine is that I was born and grew up in NY, lived 10 years in SoFL, about 9 in Denver and moved to SoCal 8 years ago. Of all of the places I lived, Florida was the most horrible. Some areas, like Denver and other "lifestyle" cities provide the promise of cleanliness and more bang for the buck in housing, but other things are forfeited. Florida's humidity is atrocious and that was before the latest impact of global warming. Try putting your kids in the car under the sun and get a soaked back before you get to the driver's seat. Try walking across the street in a suit and be soaked head to toe before you get into the building. This fails to mention the insect life, which is pre-historic, large and swarming. If you're convinced that the money savings is worth it, then I have some still third-world countries' housing to sell you real cheap. California is far from perfect, but I find it to be pretty good and only miss the change of leaves in the Fall in the northeast.
Playinwittime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:48 AM   #278
Blansky
2021 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
It probably would've made a lot of sense to invest in high-speed regional rails first with electric overhead power. Those lines that would help alleviate daily commute pressures and be most practical. Into and out of the cities and to and from a beach town or two for destinations. High-speed between LA and SF imo really only helps tourism (from out of state). It's too far of distance to be useful/impact daily commerce or commutes and not many business reasons to go back and forth between those two cities so frequently to justify. The lack of willingness to accept overhead electric lines from my perspective can only be rooted in two possibilities: Lack of education on the subject/interest in finding a solution and/or electrical grids not being able to handle. The latter though would be extremely puzzling considering the push towards electric vehicles.
As with most things LA there are lots of theories going around some partially true and some a part of Hollywood lore.

The fact that the Mafia were never able to get a foothold in LA because the cops were so crooked and on the take from "other" interests, has been well documented. Mulholland Falls 1996 and most James Elroy books and movies.

The fact that Owens Valley "Lake" was drained to feed "the Valley", San Fernando Valley so developers had enough water to build suburbs that eventually supplanted all the orange groves. (Chinatown 1974) Mulholland's name was changed to Mulwray in the movie.

And the story about Firestone Tire Company, GM and Standard Oil conspiring to get rid of the LA public transportation systems (and other city's) so that automotive dependency was the only mode of transportation.

https://la.curbed.com/2017/9/20/1634...general-motors

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genera...car_conspiracy

Like all these stories I'm guessing they was probably some truth to them.

It ain't called LA LA Land for nothin'.
Old Yesterday, 04:57 AM   #279
daveathall

Watch: Various
I went to SF about 14 years ago, we were only there for a couple of days, I loved it and thought it was fabulous. I wish we could have stayed longer, I had a smile on my face all the time I was there.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:21 AM   #280
Atone

Watch: TinTin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELINOX View Post
I grew up in HB, and it is unrecognizable today. Surfed Bolsa Chica and the Wedge. Meadowlark Airport which we flew into for breakfast is long gone. Latka's Golden Glove - gone. Things change. Downtown saw riots and just stupidity. My bro still lives there, yup, he still is there! I dread going to HB now. The whole region is just - "plasticized" for lack of a better word...
Youíre an animal if youíve surfed the wedge. I get scared watching videos
Old Yesterday, 06:31 AM   #281
904VT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
As with most things LA there are lots of theories going around some partially true and some a part of Hollywood lore.

The fact that the Mafia were never able to get a foothold in LA because the cops were so crooked and on the take from "other" interests, has been well documented. Mulholland Falls 1996 and most James Elroy books and movies.

The fact that Owens Valley "Lake" was drained to feed "the Valley", San Fernando Valley so developers had enough water to build suburbs that eventually supplanted all the orange groves. (Chinatown 1974) Mulholland's name was changed to Mulwray in the movie.

And the story about Firestone Tire Company, GM and Standard Oil conspiring to get rid of the LA public transportation systems (and other city's) so that automotive dependency was the only mode of transportation.

https://la.curbed.com/2017/9/20/1634...general-motors

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genera...car_conspiracy

Like all these stories I'm guessing they was probably some truth to them.

It ain't called LA LA Land for nothin'.
Very good points. I've always enjoyed visiting CA. I bit of the Wild West for sure.
Old Yesterday, 08:55 AM   #282
enjoythemusic
2021 Pledge Member

Quote:
The fires had already generated more than 91 million metric tons of carbon dioxide, which is about 25% more than the stateís annual emissions from fossil fuels.
Easy California solution... Tax land owners to pay for carbon credits. If your land burns down, there's a variable-rate tax depending on your property size.

-- Steven
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:39 AM   #283
Duey
2021 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many To List
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Easy California solution... Tax land owners to pay for carbon credits. If your land burns down, there's a variable-rate tax depending on your property size.
I totally agree ... NOT - Most if not all the land burning in California today is National Forest land. So we need to tax ourselves to clear cut more forest land

Carbon Credits are a joke in the world today
Duey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:45 AM   #284
enjoythemusic
2021 Pledge Member

Quote:
Carbon Credits are a joke in the world today
Have a look....

https://www.c2es.org/content/california-cap-and-trade/

-- Steven
Old Today, 06:17 AM   #285
twitch54
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1888 Appleton Trac
wild fires, mud slides, earthquakes, taxes, rolling brownouts, crowded freeways ....... what's not to love !
twitch54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:27 AM   #286
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
The California dream is dying ~ No, Its Is Thriving!

10 Reasons to Move to California

1. It’s California

Well, it’s California after all. There are so many appealing things about the state that attracts thousands – if not millions. Even the real estate market is booming; you only need to search for Newport Beach Homes for sale– or properties in other exciting neighborhoods – to know how lucrative making that leap and moving to California can be.

2. Great Weather

You can expect great weather no matter where you are in California. Sure, you will get some rain every now and then, but a crisp and warm day is usually what greets you in the morning. This makes California perfect for anyone who loves to spend time outside.

3. Plenty of Adventures

Aside from the beautiful beaches, California’s landscape is very distinct. There are mountains and beautiful valleys, lakes and mesmerizing deserts, and they are all waiting to be explored. An adventure in California is one that you will enjoy for sure.
The cities are just as exciting. Take the San Diego tour, offered by So Diego Tours, if you want a taste of the urban adventures you can have in California.

4. Fantastic Food

Food is another great thing about California; there are so many delicious cuisines ready to pamper you to the max. California’s diverse culture plays an important role in expanding its culinary scene. From the best luxury restaurants to food trucks that serve incredible dishes, good food is always within a few steps from where you are.

5. The Pacific Coast Highway

Whether you drive only when you have to or you’re a true car enthusiast, driving on the Pacific Coast Highway is an experience you don’t want to miss. It is rated as one of the most beautiful stretches of road in the world; give it a try and you’ll know why.

6. Top-Notch Education

Another good reason to move to California is the top schools based in this state. You can pursue a bachelor’s degree or a master’s in virtually any field you can think of in California.

7. Healthy Living

California is also perfect if you want to live a healthier life. The outdoor activities and the many healthy living communities available in this state will keep you motivated for longer.

8. The Culture

Let’s not forget that California is also perfect for those who love cultural things. The best museums, places where you can watch top performances and shows, and special events to indulge your love of art are easy to find in this state.

9. Thrilling Nightlife

If you can’t find a good party in California, then it’s on you. Rub shoulder with celebrities and be a regular at the best clubs in cities like Los Angeles and San Francisco.

10. Diverse Communities

California is famous for its diversity. Mexico is only a few miles to the south of the state. The long coastline acts as the entryway for people from other countries. Even the ambiance and the nature of California is appealing to a wide range of travelers from around the world.

Another Good Article that is a good read on California:
https://www.pods.com/blog/2020/09/moving-to-california/

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT --> ?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:18 AM   #287
Goin2drt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post
10 Reasons to Move to California

1. Itís California

Well, itís California after all. There are so many appealing things about the state that attracts thousands Ė if not millions. Even the real estate market is booming; you only need to search for Newport Beach Homes for saleĖ or properties in other exciting neighborhoods Ė to know how lucrative making that leap and moving to California can be.

2. Great Weather

You can expect great weather no matter where you are in California. Sure, you will get some rain every now and then, but a crisp and warm day is usually what greets you in the morning. This makes California perfect for anyone who loves to spend time outside.

3. Plenty of Adventures

Aside from the beautiful beaches, Californiaís landscape is very distinct. There are mountains and beautiful valleys, lakes and mesmerizing deserts, and they are all waiting to be explored. An adventure in California is one that you will enjoy for sure.
The cities are just as exciting. Take the San Diego tour, offered by So Diego Tours, if you want a taste of the urban adventures you can have in California.

4. Fantastic Food

Food is another great thing about California; there are so many delicious cuisines ready to pamper you to the max. Californiaís diverse culture plays an important role in expanding its culinary scene. From the best luxury restaurants to food trucks that serve incredible dishes, good food is always within a few steps from where you are.

5. The Pacific Coast Highway

Whether you drive only when you have to or youíre a true car enthusiast, driving on the Pacific Coast Highway is an experience you donít want to miss. It is rated as one of the most beautiful stretches of road in the world; give it a try and youíll know why.

6. Top-Notch Education

Another good reason to move to California is the top schools based in this state. You can pursue a bachelorís degree or a masterís in virtually any field you can think of in California.

7. Healthy Living

California is also perfect if you want to live a healthier life. The outdoor activities and the many healthy living communities available in this state will keep you motivated for longer.

8. The Culture

Letís not forget that California is also perfect for those who love cultural things. The best museums, places where you can watch top performances and shows, and special events to indulge your love of art are easy to find in this state.

9. Thrilling Nightlife

If you canít find a good party in California, then itís on you. Rub shoulder with celebrities and be a regular at the best clubs in cities like Los Angeles and San Francisco.

10. Diverse Communities

California is famous for its diversity. Mexico is only a few miles to the south of the state. The long coastline acts as the entryway for people from other countries. Even the ambiance and the nature of California is appealing to a wide range of travelers from around the world.

Another Good Article that is a good read on California:
https://www.pods.com/blog/2020/09/moving-to-california/
Yep enjoy your mileage tax there in San Diego (soon enough the entire state) and your government issued tracker for your car.
https://secure.reformcalifornia.org/...he-mileage-tax
Goin2drt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:48 AM   #288
Atone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin2drt View Post
Yep enjoy your mileage tax there in San Diego (soon enough the entire state) and your government issued tracker for your car.
https://secure.reformcalifornia.org/...he-mileage-tax
we can afford it. thx for the concern. what size tin foil hat can we order you?
Old Today, 12:34 PM   #289
enjoythemusic
2021 Pledge Member

]10 Reasons to Move to Florida

1. It’s Florida

Well, it’s Florida after all. There are so many appealing things about the state that attracts thousands – if not millions. Even the real estate market is booming; you only need to search for a Naples home for sale– or properties in other exciting neighborhoods – to know how lucrative making that leap and moving to Florida can be.

2. Great Weather

You can expect great weather no matter where you are in Florida. Sure, you will get some rain every now and then, but a sun-filled and warm day is usually what greets you in the morning. This makes Florida perfect for anyone who loves to spend time outside.

3. Plenty of Adventures

Aside from the beautiful beaches, Florida’s landscape is very distinct. There are mosquitos and beautiful alligators, Disney World and Florida Man. Plus lovely tourists all waiting to be explored. An adventure in Florida is one that you will enjoy for sure.
The cities are just as exciting. Take the South Beach tour, offered by renting a Scooter, if you want a taste of the urban adventures you can have in Florida.

4. Fantastic Food

Food is another great thing about Florida; there are so many delicious cuisines ready to pamper you to the max. Florida’s diverse culture plays an important role in expanding its culinary scene. From the best luxury restaurants to food trucks that serve incredible dishes, good food is always within a few steps from where you are.

5. The Atlantic AND Gulf Coast

Whether you drive only when you have to or you’re a true car enthusiast, driving on the beach is an experience you don’t want to miss. Or visit Siesta Key, which is rated as the USA's #1 beach. Why visit California, they're not #1. SoBe is one of the most beautiful party areas in the world.

6. Top-Notch Education

Another good reason to move to Florida is the top schools based in this state. You can pursue a bachelor’s degree or a master’s in virtually any field you can think of in Florida. GO GATORS when you drink Gatorade.

7. Healthy Living

Florida is also perfect if you want to live a healthier life. The outdoor activities and the many healthy living communities available in this state will keep you motivated for longer. Florida has very clean air statewide, unlike California.

8. The Culture

Let’s not forget that Florida is also perfect for those who love cultural things. The best museums, places where you can watch top performances and shows, and special events to indulge your love of art are easy to find in this state.

9. Thrilling Nightlife

If you can’t find a good party in Florida, then it’s on you. Haven't you heard of our World Famous Florida Man?!?! Rub shoulder with celebrities and be a regular at the best clubs in cities like SoBe and Palm Beach.

10. Diverse Communities

Florida is world-famous for its diversity. Cuba is only a few miles to the south of the state. The long coastline acts as the entryway for people from other countries. Even the ambiance and the nature of Florida is appealing to a wide range of travelers from around the world.

PS: Florida has plenty of electricity, at low prices too. Same with gasoline.

Florida has plenty of water, no droughts.

Florida doesn't have constant wildfires... or mudslides.

-- Steven
Old Today, 01:14 PM   #290
Thug
"TRF" Member

Yikes at listing education in Florida as a reason to move there.
Thug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:51 PM   #291
77T

The California dream is dying

Quote:
10 Reasons to Move to Florida
You will get some counterpoints but Iím native Miami Beach so will add one item - Crayfish mini-season!

Did you go get yours?

Closes in 10 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:21 PM   #292
Atone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thug View Post
Yikes at listing education in Florida as a reason to move there.
Their education ranking isnít actually all that bad.
Old Today, 03:55 PM   #293
singe89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP & Patek
Quote:
]10 Reasons to Move to Florida

1. Itís Florida

Well, itís Florida after all. There are so many appealing things about the state that attracts thousands Ė if not millions. Even the real estate market is booming; you only need to search for a Naples home for saleĖ or properties in other exciting neighborhoods Ė to know how lucrative making that leap and moving to Florida can be.

2. Great Weather

You can expect great weather no matter where you are in Florida. Sure, you will get some rain every now and then, but a sun-filled and warm day is usually what greets you in the morning. This makes Florida perfect for anyone who loves to spend time outside.

3. Plenty of Adventures

Aside from the beautiful beaches, Floridaís landscape is very distinct. There are mosquitos and beautiful alligators, Disney World and Florida Man. Plus lovely tourists all waiting to be explored. An adventure in Florida is one that you will enjoy for sure.
The cities are just as exciting. Take the South Beach tour, offered by renting a Scooter, if you want a taste of the urban adventures you can have in Florida.

4. Fantastic Food

Food is another great thing about Florida; there are so many delicious cuisines ready to pamper you to the max. Floridaís diverse culture plays an important role in expanding its culinary scene. From the best luxury restaurants to food trucks that serve incredible dishes, good food is always within a few steps from where you are.

5. The Atlantic AND Gulf Coast

Whether you drive only when you have to or youíre a true car enthusiast, driving on the beach is an experience you donít want to miss. Or visit Siesta Key, which is rated as the USA's #1 beach. Why visit California, they're not #1. SoBe is one of the most beautiful party areas in the world.

6. Top-Notch Education

Another good reason to move to Florida is the top schools based in this state. You can pursue a bachelorís degree or a masterís in virtually any field you can think of in Florida. GO GATORS when you drink Gatorade.

7. Healthy Living

Florida is also perfect if you want to live a healthier life. The outdoor activities and the many healthy living communities available in this state will keep you motivated for longer. Florida has very clean air statewide, unlike California.

8. The Culture

Letís not forget that Florida is also perfect for those who love cultural things. The best museums, places where you can watch top performances and shows, and special events to indulge your love of art are easy to find in this state.

9. Thrilling Nightlife

If you canít find a good party in Florida, then itís on you. Haven't you heard of our World Famous Florida Man?!?! Rub shoulder with celebrities and be a regular at the best clubs in cities like SoBe and Palm Beach.

10. Diverse Communities

Florida is world-famous for its diversity. Cuba is only a few miles to the south of the state. The long coastline acts as the entryway for people from other countries. Even the ambiance and the nature of Florida is appealing to a wide range of travelers from around the world.

PS: Florida has plenty of electricity, at low prices too. Same with gasoline.

Florida has plenty of water, no droughts.

Florida doesn't have constant wildfires... or mudslides.
You can take state income tax on FL vs CA but no way weather. Humidity, bugs, snakes and swaps doesnít compare.
singe89 is offline   Reply With Quote