The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 26 July 2021, 03:01 AM   #1621
BNABOD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobHK View Post
I can't follow what you mean? No you can not order bespoke any rubber strap, only the colors available. For example grey and orange rubber they already produced in the past. What is the gain in discontinuing those when there clearly is strong interest to buy them? My local boutique was saying he had to say sorry to so many customers who wanted the orange rubber. Is that something that makes sense to you? Because to me it doesn't.

Doesn’t make a lick of sense to me either, especially since you can’t go custom or non oem w the 4500V due to the easy clip on thing . Fighting for straps is idiotic especially when they sell them for bloody rubber at 350 bucks a pop .
I say offer some colors yellow orange Camo whatever offer some options please
BNABOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2021, 04:14 AM   #1622
rolexfanforlife
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoveWatch View Post
These pics are so good everybody!

Can anybody say how the 4500v wears in comparison to a 15400/15500 size wise? Larger or smaller on the wrist?
Slightly smaller than 15500 but not significantly different
GS: SBGP017; Omega: PO diamond; RM: 67-02 (Green); Rolex: 16710, 16520, 116509 (TMOP), 116520, 5513, 1680, 16013 (Tiffany stamped), 116610LV, 124300 x 2 (Celebration; Green), 126719BLRO (Meteorite), 226570 (polar) Oyster Quartz; Tag: Monaco; VC: Patrimony!
rolexfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2021, 04:39 AM   #1623
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNABOD View Post
Doesn’t make a lick of sense to me either, especially since you can’t go custom or non oem w the 4500V due to the easy clip on thing . Fighting for straps is idiotic especially when they sell them for bloody rubber at 350 bucks a pop .
I say offer some colors yellow orange Camo whatever offer some options please

Count me in as someone it doesn’t make sense to. We are talking about rubber straps here, not actual watches. Why would it be that difficult to make or obtain a bunch of rubber straps in different colors? Very strange argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2021, 05:06 AM   #1624
Toproll85
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Can anybody say how the 4500v wears in comparison to a 15400/15500 size wise? Larger or smaller on the wrist?
The difference in size is tiny, perhaps in favor of the 4500v.

There are other striking things that separate them, like the the bracelet that's not tapered for the 4500, or the much more "shiny", "jewel" side of an AP while the VC is more robust and "object".

Moreover, the Overseas is effectively more versatile (superior waterproofing, antimagnetism, ...).

They are complementary, we can very well have both.
Identical DNA (sportswatch with integrated bracelet), in the same league but different.

Grönefeld 1941 RCF ¦ H. Moser Heritage Dual Time ¦ JLC Q1308470 ¦ L&S 1815 Up/Down ¦ L&S Zeitwerk Date ¦ UN Freak X carbonium
Toproll85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2021, 05:18 AM   #1625
Northlove
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many

Northlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2021, 08:15 AM   #1626
NYG1121
"TRF" Member

Approximately 6.3-6.4 inch wrist for reference. Wears a bit smaller on rubber strap.

Old 26 July 2021, 10:30 AM   #1627
quantumdna
"TRF" Member

Watch: VC 4000V
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG1121 View Post

Approximately 6.3-6.4 inch wrist for reference. Wears a bit smaller on rubber strap.

Beautiful capture of that captivating blue dial..

I once met a fellow enthusiast who at that time owned a FPJ Chronometre Bleu.. he made a joke that VC uses the blue dials that FPJ did not want to use. We did laugh at it but in my mind, I was like.. Dude.. shut the front door.. you do not know what you talking about.
Old 26 July 2021, 10:33 AM   #1628
quantumdna
"TRF" Member

Amazing capture of the blue dial
Old 26 July 2021, 10:47 AM   #1629
quantumdna
"TRF" Member

Old 26 July 2021, 11:46 AM   #1630
donald83
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGB View Post
Black is very nice also, does it have a depth effect like the blue one?

Not as much effect as the blue for sure but it has this glossy black visual akin to looking into a bottle of wet black ink.

donald83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2021, 11:48 AM   #1631
donald83
"TRF" Member

Quote:
These pics are so good everybody!

I tried on the 15500 before too but it looks and feels big to me.

The 4500v no doubt it’s not a small watch as I can feel it’s heft and presence, it still wears better than the 15500.

I have a 37mm 15450 and that looks puny beside the 4500v. Both wear different but that’s the beautify of having different types of watches for different look isn’t it

Old 26 July 2021, 11:55 AM   #1632
donald83
"TRF" Member

Pics taken to show the side of the watch and lug to lug on my 6.25 inch wrist.

It’s not that bad and it’s wearable.

Old 26 July 2021, 05:27 PM   #1633
Chinballs
"TRF" Member

I rang the number listed on the Vacheron Constantin website for Asutralia today and was told that both the blue and black dial three handers can not be ordered due to overwhelming demand. She said the boutique can put you on a "wishlist" but I couldn't work out what that actually meant as the lady's English wasn't the best.
Chinballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2021, 08:15 PM   #1634
steeevvvooo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinballs View Post
I rang the number listed on the Vacheron Constantin website for Asutralia today and was told that both the blue and black dial three handers can not be ordered due to overwhelming demand. She said the boutique can put you on a "wishlist" but I couldn't work out what that actually meant as the lady's English wasn't the best.
Sounds similar to other regions. The "wishlist" is similar to the Rolex set up in that it is free to register interest in a watch. At some point in the future you might get the call to place a deposit (mine was 50% and I was told non refundable). Once you have paid a deposit you have a definite allocation and will be given a time frame for delivery. I was told 10-12 months but it was much much quicker for me in reality.

This is a better set up than other brands IMHO as true capital light flippers are weeded out via the 50% deposit they hold for up to a year.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 26 July 2021, 08:31 PM   #1635
RobHK
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Interesting to hear that the black dial is sold out as well. I think that for other regions you can for sure still place a deposit for a black dial. Like has been posted here and elsewhere some locations even had a black dial available for walk in pickup (although that seems unusual).

I talked to an Auth Dealer here in Hong Kong the other week, they had no allocations at all, for blacks, but they expected to get new allocations within 6 months. And then expected waiting times for delivery of 12 months. But in boutique the black has still been available. Difference being Boutique gave no discount and AD said can give 5-10% discount depending on popularity at the time. Perhaps in Australia you got the AD answer?
RobHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2021, 08:35 PM   #1636
Chinballs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeevvvooo View Post
Sounds similar to other regions. The "wishlist" is similar to the Rolex set up in that it is free to register interest in a watch. At some point in the future you might get the call to place a deposit (mine was 50% and I was told non refundable). Once you have paid a deposit you have a definite allocation and will be given a time frame for delivery. I was told 10-12 months but it was much much quicker for me in reality.

This is a better set up than other brands IMHO as true capital light flippers are weeded out via the 50% deposit they hold for up to a year.

Thanks mate. That sounds like a pretty good system. I don't mind waiting 12 months and the fact you're gauranteed an allocation and given a delivery timeframe once you've paid a depsoit gives a lot more certainty than the Rolex AD games. I was a bit worried the wishlist was just a polite go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobHK View Post
Interesting to hear that the black dial is sold out as well. I think that for other regions you can for sure still place a deposit for a black dial. Like has been posted here and elsewhere some locations even had a black dial available for walk in pickup (although that seems unusual).

I talked to an Auth Dealer here in Hong Kong the other week, they had no allocations at all, for blacks, but they expected to get new allocations within 6 months. And then expected waiting times for delivery of 12 months. But in boutique the black has still been available. Difference being Boutique gave no discount and AD said can give 5-10% discount depending on popularity at the time. Perhaps in Australia you got the AD answer?
My local VC AD says they can order black dial three handers but he wants 100% deposit and only gave a ballpark figure of around a year. No way I'd get a discount, even on the silver dial. Normally he's pretty good but he was nowhere near as confident as he normally is in regards to the timeframe which put me off. He has a black dial dual time in the case and I've tried it on but I have no need for the complication and it's about $AU6000 more expensive than the three hander.

That's why I rang VC direct to get a definite answer about local availability. They took my details for the wishlist and said they pass them on to the VC boutique (only one here) who will be in touch when they become available again.
Old 26 July 2021, 08:43 PM   #1637
steeevvvooo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks mate. That sounds like a pretty good system. I don't mind waiting 12 months and the fact you're gauranteed an allocation and given a delivery timeframe once you've paid a depsoit gives a lot more certainty than the Rolex AD games. I was a bit worried the wishlist was just a polite go away.
There no guarantee the wishlist turns into an order but from what I understand so far their system works well. If the wishlist goes bananas they might start to only select VIPs for Overseas allocations in future years, but for the moment it seems a wishlist has a decent chance of turning into a request for you to pay a deposit, which then guarantees a watch.

I would express interest in your preferred colour and make it clear you will pay a deposit and wait. Vacheron still seems to want to serve enthusiasts rather than just big spenders like some other brands.

Good luck

Old 26 July 2021, 08:56 PM   #1638
Giangos
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG BLRO, Sub C, WG
Quote:

I know the lady you spoke to. Liz.
Her English doesn’t come across great over the phone but she is actually very eloquent in person.

The story is that they are allocated a set number of each of these each year. This is new to VC and it is in response to the drastic increase in demand that the overseas range has experienced this year. Once their quota is filled, that’s it until their next allocation is released.

What this means for you is probably something like a Rolex waiting list. Nowhere near as severe. Go in and see them, talk to her and the manager, Warren. You may get a spot on their next allocation as described above.

Also, if you are offered a piece, it’s 30% down and then your watch will arrive in 4-6 months.

Giangos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2021, 09:25 PM   #1639
Chinballs
"TRF" Member

Thanks mate. I'm in QLD and was going to fly down to visit the boutique but then they had their latest lockdown. Once they open up again I'll squeeze in a quick day trip. I much prefer in person as well.
Old 27 July 2021, 12:11 AM   #1640
donald83
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks mate. I'm in QLD and was going to fly down to visit the boutique but then they had their latest lockdown. Once they open up again I'll squeeze in a quick day trip. I much prefer in person as well.

The lady in Singapore boutique also told me they are no longer accepting deposits for the black diamond. This should be a directive from HQ

Old 27 July 2021, 12:53 AM   #1641
JF100
"TRF" Member

Even the non overseas stainless steel blue dials seem to be in demand now. My sales guy told me he had a 4600E/110A-B487 (fifty six line stainless steel blue dial boutique exclusive) on Friday just in stock from HQ and today (Monday) messaged me to tell me its been sold! Guess people are starting to look for substitutes.
JF100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2021, 01:33 AM   #1642
donald83
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF100 View Post
Even the non overseas stainless steel blue dials seem to be in demand now. My sales guy told me he had a 4600E/110A-B487 (fifty six line stainless steel blue dial boutique exclusive) on Friday just in stock from HQ and today (Monday) messaged me to tell me its been sold! Guess people are starting to look for substitutes.

This one?

Old 27 July 2021, 01:51 AM   #1643
JF100
"TRF" Member

no not that one. I listed the reference in my post so not sure how it got confused but here is the link.

https://www.vacheron-constantin.com/...110a-b487.html
JF100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2021, 01:58 AM   #1644
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald83 View Post
Pics taken to show the side of the watch and lug to lug on my 6.25 inch wrist.

It’s not that bad and it’s wearable.

That's one of the reasons I gave the Overseas a miss. Lovely watch, but it's just too bulky. That side profile just feels huge - one of the specific details that made me pull the trigger on the Czapek. They're very similar in their dimensions, but the Antarctique wears substantially svelter...

mongrelnomoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2021, 04:48 AM   #1645
steeevvvooo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrelnomoad View Post
That's one of the reasons I gave the Overseas a miss. Lovely watch, but it's just too bulky. That side profile just feels huge - one of the specific details that made me pull the trigger on the Czapek. They're very similar in their dimensions, but the Antarctique wears substantially svelter...

I see the point, but that's just down to the slab profile I guess if the dimensions are similar? The indentation on the Czapek breaks up the lines really nicely so the eye doesn't focus on the thickness (not that either watch is "thick").

For example, my deep-sea is 15mm ish thick but wears fine as some of that thickness is in the caseback. I had a tudor black bay, similar thickness, but flat case back made it wear thicker and I didn't like the profile. My speedmaster is also about 15mm thick but as some of that is case back and hesalite crystal the profile doesn't feel thick at all.

By no means being confrontational here, just trying to give some thoughts as how a watch "wears" is very subjective IMO unless you are talking ultrathin vs Royal Oak offshore :)

Old 27 July 2021, 05:30 AM   #1646
Toproll85
"TRF" Member

The VC is 11mm thick, and the Czapek 10.6mm.
0.4mm gap is imperfectible to the eye ...

We convince ourselves as best we can !

All of these watches are smaller than a 12.5mm Submariner. The Sub is known to be a bulky watch to you guys ?!

Grönefeld 1941 RCF ¦ H. Moser Heritage Dual Time ¦ JLC Q1308470 ¦ L&S 1815 Up/Down ¦ L&S Zeitwerk Date ¦ UN Freak X carbonium
Toproll85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2021, 06:12 AM   #1647
steeevvvooo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toproll85 View Post
The VC is 11mm thick, and the Czapek 10.6mm.

0.4mm gap is imperfectible to the eye ...

We convince ourselves as best we can !

All of these watches are smaller than a 12.5mm Submariner. The Sub is known to be a bulky watch to you guys ?!
I get what he is saying though. It's not the dimensions per se, it's the perception of that size. The side case of the Czapek is broken up because of the shape so it appears thinner.

Here's a good photo of a 116610, 116600 and 116660 from a Horobox article. The sub and sea dweller don't look much different to me in thickness but they do have a slightly different shape. The sub is 13mm vs 15.5mm for the sea dweller according to the article.

Old 27 July 2021, 06:18 AM   #1648
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

Sorry if I upset anyone, that wasn't my intention. I love the Overseas and was quite surprised by how it just didn't come together for me on my (small) wrist...
mongrelnomoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2021, 06:29 AM   #1649
steeevvvooo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrelnomoad View Post
Sorry if I upset anyone, that wasn't my intention. I love the Overseas and was quite surprised by how it just didn't come together for me on my (small) wrist...
:) I personally didn't take any offence and hopefully no one else did. You made a fair point... perception of thickness is personal, and the Czapek has an amazing profile

I have the 4500v. I prefer the layout of the dual time 7900v but the marginal increase in thickness of about 1.5-2mm was enough to make me prefer the 4500v so I totally get your point.

Old 27 July 2021, 10:38 AM   #1650
JC180
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR, BLRO, LV, SD
I've had both the silver 4500v and currently have the blue 7900v and the 4500v actually wears bigger. The dualtime has better proportions and sits better on my wrist.
JC180 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vacheron , vacheronconstantin