The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 14 July 2021, 02:51 AM   #2461
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
if I buy a watch don't I just wire the entire amount and then they will ship the watch? what am I missing with the whole paypal system - why is that needed?

That is a perfectly normal expectation about wiring the entire amount - the PayPal part is bizarre - but that is no more bizarre than what happened to the prior charity auctions.

You’ll have to judge for yourself if the $3000 PP deposit scheme is proper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 03:27 AM   #2462
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Theses dudes do the deposit dealio. It's less @ $500 though

https://theoandharris.com/shop/vinta...-gmt-master-3/

Maybe where TPG got the idea...idk
Fleetlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 03:45 AM   #2463
hutch300
2024 Pledge Member

$500 makes way more sense - the thing is TPG doesn't seem to know how to run a business. Hype and luck with some hard work turned into arrogance. Its not a sustainable model as we are seeing. Maybe it will turn around but I don't need my watch shop to be a hype beast. I rather have reputation and experience. I think they grew fast and are in over their heads but their arrogance won't allow them to hear how to do it differently. The reality is some people will buy from them still but this whole thing makes their future more difficult. Doesn't matter to me - enough trusted sellers on this forum to keep me happy. I know who to go to for whatever my needs are. TPG is not and never was on that list. To be fair - I love their videos. Fun stuff - I did like the early day in the life much more though.
hutch300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 04:00 AM   #2464
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

IBTL

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 04:11 AM   #2465
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atone View Post
so is the B&M store gone?

Seems like the store is still open. Looks like they are still posting inventory for sale on Instagram and the background looks like their shop

Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 04:22 AM   #2466
vh2k
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Theses dudes do the deposit dealio. It's less @ $500 though

https://theoandharris.com/shop/vinta...-gmt-master-3/

Maybe where TPG got the idea...idk
T&H takes a small deposit and then you have 10 days to wire the BALANCE -- which makes sense. I'm assuming if you don't complete the wire in 10 days, you forfeit your deposit.

Of course, the word "refundable" is nowhere to be found on either website.
vh2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 04:44 AM   #2467
Andy0331

Quote:
if I buy a watch don't I just wore the entire amount and then they will ship the watch? what am I missing with the whole paypal system - why is that needed?
I'm assuming they want a deposit because they don't have the watch in stock & need to go source one. Admittedly, I haven't been to their website in months & haven't looked at the new format.
Andy0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 05:02 AM   #2468
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Never had to leave or send a deposit. Not at AD, not with grays. Have been an enthusiast for decades. Call around as different dealers may not need a deposit.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 14 July 2021, 05:13 AM   #2469
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

I keep watching this guys videos (its like a bad crash you cannot look away from) and its just pathetic at this point.
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 05:17 AM   #2470
Georgeair
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy0331 View Post
....... Admittedly, I haven't been to their website in months & haven't looked at the new format.
Well you've missed your chance again to give them a deposit plus full purchase price of a watch for them to send you. Maybe. Message on their landing page now says

Quote:
Good things take time, we will be right back.
Georgeair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 05:20 AM   #2471
priceaction
"TRF" Member

Yeah, they changed their site again.

"when you think you're on to me, I pivot"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgeair View Post
Well you've missed your chance again to give them a deposit plus full purchase price of a watch for them to send you. Maybe. Message on their landing page now says
priceaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 05:23 AM   #2472
bwakus23
"TRF" Member

Marco is still around apparently based on Anthony's latest story. You can hear Dylan asking Marco if he thinks they'll ever do a ceramic Coke.

Also at this point you'd think they might want to give people a heads up if the website is going to be taken down, even if for a short while to make a few adjustments.
bwakus23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 06:04 AM   #2473
priceaction
"TRF" Member

I am so distrustful of the story they posted that I don't believe those photos.

The four photos posted in the story for the past 2 and 4 hours all have no audio.

And the watches that have dates are not dated today, but of other dates. Yes, I know that does not mean much, but why are they posting to their story and not to the regular Instagram.

And none of those dudes are posting on any of their Instagram pages.
A number cross-hyperlinks are broken. It does not look organized.

They are doing a horrible job of rebuilding trust.

Every action they are taking is lessening trust in them.

Even after their big real failure, I was hoping they would get their stuff together. I like seeing people overcome mistakes.
Mistakes are part of the learning process.

Anthony should do a video live stream, take questions, and clear the air with everybody.

His current strategy of constant-pivoting-chaos is not working.

Is there anyone who is near the Timepiece Gentleman office at the Crescent that is able pass by and actually confirm they are there conducting business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwakus23 View Post
Marco is still around apparently based on Anthony's latest story. You can hear Dylan asking Marco if he thinks they'll ever do a ceramic Coke.

Also at this point you'd think they might want to give people a heads up if the website is going to be taken down, even if for a short while to make a few adjustments.
Old 14 July 2021, 07:13 AM   #2474
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by priceaction View Post
I am so distrustful of the story they posted that I don't believe those photos.

The four photos posted in the story for the past 2 and 4 hours all have no audio.

And the watches that have dates are not dated today, but of other dates. Yes, I know that does not mean much, but why are they posting to their story and not to the regular Instagram.

And none of those dudes are posting on any of their Instagram pages.
A number cross-hyperlinks are broken. It does not look organized.

They are doing a horrible job of rebuilding trust.

Every action they are taking is lessening trust in them.

Even after their big real failure, I was hoping they would get their stuff together. I like seeing people overcome mistakes.
Mistakes are part of the learning process.

Anthony should do a video live stream, take questions, and clear the air with everybody.

His current strategy of constant-pivoting-chaos is not working.

Is there anyone who is near the Timepiece Gentleman office at the Crescent that is able pass by and actually confirm they are there conducting business?

I will be in area later in week snd going to pass by the crescent . Will let you know.
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 07:24 AM   #2475
priceaction
"TRF" Member

Thank you.

I am sure inquiring minds want to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrpdc View Post
I will be in area later in week snd going to pass by the crescent . Will let you know.
Old 14 July 2021, 07:30 AM   #2476
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
cant track payments so now let's add one more wrinkle. more payments to track and match up. makes perfect sense.

is the deposit refundable if you dont buy it? or if they can't source it?

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 07:43 AM   #2477
Shazbot302
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
When the music is over, turn out the lights!
Shazbot302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 07:51 AM   #2478
ect2019
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LN 06/2020
I wish TPG the best but the odds are stacked against them.

This whole ordeal def. validates the trusted sellers on TRF which I am thankful for. Have worked with WatchBox and DavidSW for my past two purchases and I had a great experience with each. WatchBox even (Thanks C.Q.) threw in a coveted Rolex hat along with the 116710LN. The last transaction was so smooth with DSW - unbelievable communication and I got a fantastic deal on a 116613LN (June 2020 Card - paid slightly less than retail). TRF is such a great forum. I will def. source from here or AD for my first full PM piece.
ect2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 08:05 AM   #2479
bwakus23
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ect2019 View Post

This whole ordeal def. validates the trusted sellers on TRF which I am thankful for. Have worked with WatchBox and DavidSW for my past two purchases and I had a great experience with each. WatchBox even (Thanks C.Q.) threw in a coveted Rolex hat along with the 116710LN. The last transaction was so smooth with DSW - unbelievable communication and I got a fantastic deal on a 116613LN (June 2020 Card - paid slightly less than retail). TRF is such a great forum. I will def. source from here or AD for my first full PM piece.
I can also vouch for Watch Avocado on Chrono24. Fabulous experience all the way around and a great selection available most of the time.
bwakus23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 08:07 AM   #2480
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ect2019 View Post

This ^^^

No idea why anyone would deal with TPG when there are so many other more reliable and trustworthy names in the business.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 08:53 AM   #2481
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
That is a perfectly normal expectation about wiring the entire amount - the PayPal part is bizarre - but that is no more bizarre than what happened to the prior charity auctions.

You’ll have to judge for yourself if the $3000 PP deposit scheme is proper.

agreed, but someone here mentioned it's only due if they have to source the watch and I guess don't want to waste their time. not sure why they could not quote me a price and then buy the watch once I wired the amount ? how much time does it cost to source the average daytona, 15500 or sub - 5 seconds in the dealer groups?
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 09:16 AM   #2482
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazbot302 View Post
When the music is over, turn out the lights!
And TPG's lights are burned out.

--------

In the great words of Dr. McCoy, "It's dead Jim."

Who cares about their new hustle?

BN7G6FHQWM7AFJNMM65WHRPFLA.jpg

Old 14 July 2021, 09:19 AM   #2483
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
agreed, but someone here mentioned it's only due if they have to source the watch and I guess don't want to waste their time. not sure why they could not quote me a price and then buy the watch once I wired the amount ? how much time does it cost to source the average daytona, 15500 or sub - 5 seconds in the dealer groups?
Indeed. There's at least 10 other more reputable grey dealers who can do this in the same amount of time, if not less.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 09:59 AM   #2484
kumar75203
Banned

I live about 2 miles from TPG. Private messaged Anthony about a AP 15450OR he had listed on this forum for sale last year. He texted back the next day asking if I was still looking for a Rolex Root Beer. About all I needed to know.

I'll be at the Crescent Thursday. Will update if the store is still around.

edit: whoops I meant 26315or
kumar75203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 10:10 AM   #2485
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar75203 View Post
I live about 2 miles from TPG. Private messaged Anthony about a AP 15450OR he had listed on this forum for sale last year. He texted back the next day asking if I was still looking for a Rolex Root Beer. About all I needed to know.

I'll be at the Crescent Thursday. Will update if the store is still around.
at least he messaged you back in the beginning I tried to contact them and only ever got vague responses and then no follow up or nothing at all
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 11:06 AM   #2486
spikep
"TRF" Member

Quote:
at least he messaged you back in the beginning I tried to contact them and only ever got vague responses and then no follow up or nothing at all
Just leave a message for him at the steak house
I’m surprised their business lasted this long.
16610 LN, 16610 LV, 126610 LV, 126622 Rhodium, 126710 BLRO jubilee, 126710 BLRO oyster, 126719 Meteorite, 116710 BLNR, 126711 CHNR, 126715 CHNR, 326934 BLACK, 326934 GREEN, 216570 BLACK, 116500LN WHITE, 116500LN BLACK, 126710 VTNR jubilee
spikep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 11:55 AM   #2487
77T

Quote:

I may have missed what you saw (that someone else mentioned PP is only due if TPG has to source the watch).

Unless you do a side deal directly with one of the in-house reps or the TPG himself, the PP is automatically part of the checkout process. It is refunded upon a wire for 100% of the listed price.

But they should not book a sale for products that aren’t in hand. Because the price is set by the “middleman” dealer, they would have no way to know what their cost will be. Plus, those same middleman offer less liquidity with TPG - he is probably on a COD basis with all the speculation surrounding his viability in the watch world.

This PP angle was intended (IMHO) to sort out the fraudsters who clicked on the auctions with ridiculously high prices.

But the website is down again so maybe unsuccessful.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 01:06 PM   #2488
arbeiza
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Except his post isn’t true…fees apply to any payment a seller receives - even if the seller refunds the full amount.

You can see my post a few dozen upward.

There's still the way of just doing an authorization on the card to lock the funds and then void the authorization when the wire is received, before the capture.

This is a good way to guarantee solvency and fend off ballbusters without incurring fees, with the drawback that TPG wouldn't be able to dispose of the 3K. Also if they keep doing this, PayPal will probably cancel their account.
arbeiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 03:40 PM   #2489
trout_thumper21
"TRF" Member

From “I’m so sorry” to “The whole world is watching”. This guy
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 420E80FE-CB31-4994-A9CB-F32A850E5C59.jpeg (33.3 KB, 503 views)
trout_thumper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 04:11 PM   #2490
NimbleNavigator
"TRF" Member

The whole world is watching and continuing to buy from trusted sellers on TRF and laughing at this arrogant criminal.
NimbleNavigator is offline   Reply With Quote