The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 22 July 2021, 05:03 AM   #2701
Hawk44
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Has anyone contacted the charity to see how much was donated to them?
Haha! Don’t forget the 5% of all profits go to charity as well.

Whoever their investor is must be nuts to keep dumping money into this
Hawk44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2021, 06:43 AM   #2702
hutch300
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk44 View Post
Haha! Don’t forget the 5% of all profits go to charity as well.

Whoever their investor is must be nuts to keep dumping money into this
That was so three deleted videos ago... Never happened.... Nothing to see here... Fake news! Sales will be huuuge because of it though... The best sales you've ever seen! People agree!

Sorry! I can't resist. I think they are grasping at straws but to be fair they had to move on or close. Moving on makes business sense but his ego is along for the ride as well.
hutch300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2021, 11:39 AM   #2703
Shazbot302
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch300 View Post
That was so three deleted videos ago... Never happened.... Nothing to see here... Fake news! Sales will be huuuge because of it though... The best sales you've ever seen! People agree!

Double down, say outrageous nonsense and 35%-40% will accept it. Took a page right out of that playbook.

Shazbot302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2021, 03:29 PM   #2704
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
I dunno, all that sits in my head is, "I am going to buy a Lambo" to the "investor"....oh man.

Reminds me of the saying never go into business with someone who has no money.
Moondoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2021, 08:45 PM   #2705
S``
"TRF" Member

Not wanting to give TPG 1 View... Does these clowns still own their so called "collection" in the latest vids? I know Marco had a bunch of 4 digits Daytona, along with Anthony's RM, vco perpetual among his PM daytonas
S`` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2021, 09:09 PM   #2706
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Doubt they'd be willing to publicly share this information. That would be incredibly unprofessional of the charity.

Charities don't just openly disclose how much other parties donate regardless of if the amount is small or large (or nothing at all for that matter). What I'm trying to say is they keep it private
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2021, 11:11 PM   #2707
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliminator View Post
Doubt they'd be willing to publicly share this information. That would be incredibly unprofessional of the charity.

Charities don't just openly disclose how much other parties donate regardless of if the amount is small or large (or nothing at all for that matter). What I'm trying to say is they keep it private
Well...wasn't it a relatively small charity? If so, it would not be hard to approximate from the 990 year over year.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2021, 11:28 PM   #2708
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliminator View Post

All 501.c charities file their reports with IRS on “Form 990.” That Form 990 is a public document that is available on GuideStar, and also from the charitable nonprofit, upon request, in accordance with IRS public disclosure requirements.

Quote:
IIRC, there were 5 different charities involved in the original “giving back” video and auctions. (The auctions that were blown-up by detractors)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2021, 01:18 AM   #2709
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If so, somebody has way too much time on their hands. I knew all I needed to know after one YouTube video months ago.

I wish them no ill will but they are not for me. There are too many other options without the drama. Honestly, I am so far outside social media that I'm not certain I could even hold a discussion with someone who is compelled to buy from or consign with them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2021, 03:44 AM   #2710
AHP22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
All 501.c charities file their reports with IRS on “Form 990.” That Form 990 is a public document that is available on GuideStar, and also from the charitable nonprofit, upon request, in accordance with IRS public disclosure requirements.

IIRC, there were 5 different charities involved in the original “giving back” video and auctions. (The auctions that were blown-up by detractors)

501c3’s share the totals in donation on their 990, not what individual donors give (unless it’s a sponsorship, agreed upon press release, naming, etc.). It would include totals from sources: public grants, private donations, fee for service. I run a 501c3, and we wouldn’t list any individual gift.
AHP22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2021, 03:49 AM   #2711
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHP22 View Post
501c3’s share the totals in donation on their 990, not what individual donors give (unless it’s a sponsorship, agreed upon press release, naming, etc.). It would include totals from sources: public grants, private donations, fee for service. I run a 501c3, and we wouldn’t list any individual gift.

Yes I have done it too. Since the “TPG effect” was the question, one would need last year’s 990 and then compare it to this year’s. For most stable charities, a large upward shift could be attributable.

Certainly agree that there’s no requirement for listing individuals.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2021, 07:16 AM   #2712
Hawk44
"TRF" Member

Anyone watch the latest video where at the end he called out two people that I guess leave a lot of negative comments on the YouTube vids?

I thought it came off very immature and really shows how much of a narcissist Anthony really is.
Hawk44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2021, 08:54 AM   #2713
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Kind of surprised to hear Anthony say the 15202 may get discontinued in this latest vid (50 min mark). I thought the CEO of AP flat out said it was being discounted this year?
jb335 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2021, 08:56 AM   #2714
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb335 View Post
Kind of surprised to hear Anthony say the 15202 may get discontinued in this latest vid (50 min mark). I thought the CEO of AP flat out said it was being discounted this year?
Steel Blue Dial 15202 is confirmed to end production in 2022 (not sure which month). AP CEO said so.

Anything else beyond that is unconfirmed by the AP CEO.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2021, 09:06 AM   #2715
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Steel Blue Dial 15202 is confirmed to end production in 2022 (not sure which month). AP CEO said so.

Anything else beyond that is unconfirmed by the AP CEO.

Right, 15202ST was the ref he was talking about...he said there are rumors it may get discontinued soon while talking to a potential buyer. Stood out to me, since I thought that was a well-known fact already.
jb335 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2021, 10:21 AM   #2716
Atone
"TRF" Member

Watch: TinTin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch300 View Post

Sorry! I can't resist. I think they are grasping at straws but to be fair they had to move on or close. Moving on makes business sense but his ego is along for the ride as well.
this is funny
Old 23 July 2021, 11:45 AM   #2717
kizerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zengineer View Post
Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode where George does something awful at work or quits in a spectacular way and then decides to just show up Monday morning as if it never happened....

THAT is what THIS is.

Yes. Lol
kizerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2021, 11:46 AM   #2718
kizerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmagoo57 View Post
Marco was right. The OP market is soft right now

That's so funny. What a DB he is.
Old 23 July 2021, 12:00 PM   #2719
kizerman
Banned

30 million in sales with 5-10% margins is not a business at all. It's a hobby at best.
Old 23 July 2021, 01:55 PM   #2720
47Fountain
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub & Deep sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk44 View Post
Anyone watch the latest video where at the end he called out two people that I guess leave a lot of negative comments on the YouTube vids?

I thought it came off very immature and really shows how much of a narcissist Anthony really is.
I was an avid watcher before the CrimePiece Gentleman's PIVOT.
Now, I won't click on anything they post. I wouldn't waste my time.
47Fountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2021, 03:08 PM   #2721
bob99
"TRF" Member

Before their weird stunt, I was watching their vids weekly. But now I've stopped. The general disrespect to the viewers has made them lose their lustre.

They're more of a YouTube show than anything else, and they made a basic storytelling mistake. They forgot that in order to care about the show, you needed to be rooting for them. You needed to like them. You wanted them to find a cool new store, and you were disappointed when they didn't, but hopeful it was just around the corner. All this cocky "smarter than everyone" stuff is really off-putting. If some cool guys who you like go have a crazy $17,000 dinner and tell you all about it, you're happy to hear about their wild night out. If they're being jerks to everyone then you just want them to be arrested for tax fraud.

This doesn't work with Anthony being the cocky bad guy. They watched too much professional wrestling growing up.
bob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2021, 03:28 PM   #2722
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
Modern day cannibilism.
Moondoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 02:55 AM   #2723
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Looks like they are retaining some viewers even having chased many away.

The "let's goooo", bro hug, grind, hustle, fullsend, group is still into the channel it seems.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 03:10 AM   #2724
DaveTheWatchGuy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob99 View Post
Before their weird stunt, I was watching their vids weekly. But now I've stopped. The general disrespect to the viewers has made them lose their lustre.

They're more of a YouTube show than anything else, and they made a basic storytelling mistake. They forgot that in order to care about the show, you needed to be rooting for them. You needed to like them. You wanted them to find a cool new store, and you were disappointed when they didn't, but hopeful it was just around the corner. All this cocky "smarter than everyone" stuff is really off-putting. If some cool guys who you like go have a crazy $17,000 dinner and tell you all about it, you're happy to hear about their wild night out. If they're being jerks to everyone then you just want them to be arrested for tax fraud.

This doesn't work with Anthony being the cocky bad guy. They watched too much professional wrestling growing up.

100% agree! I can’t look at these guys the same way after their stunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DaveTheWatchGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 05:33 AM   #2725
Knappo 1307
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Looks like they are retaining some viewers even having chased many away.

The "let's goooo", bro hug, grind, hustle, fullsend, group is still into the channel it seems.
I'm guessing more than half are there to watch the train wreck. Kind of like watching the Kardashins..
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 06:15 AM   #2726
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Edited - Timepiece Gentleman

New sales goal $50M . So in 2020 they allegedly did 10m, but now after they have essentially destroyed their business they can do 5x?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 08:55 AM   #2727
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
I'm guessing more than half are there to watch the train wreck. Kind of like watching the Kardashins..
Yes, but the other half don’t see it that way at all…

I’m learning about this segment of the culture to understand why things happen they way they are ….

Fullsend
An action where the consequences are not thought through. A Full Sender gives no f#@$ about what might happen after the Send, as long as the Send is hype and there are cameras rolling.

These individuals see nothing but positive from the TPG shenanigans.

Further examples of this can be seen in the video posted by TimePiece Traders, essentially another gray market “company” who specializes in supplying they hypest TPT RM references possible.

If you think TPG was lacking horological credibility, then prepare yourself for this..

https://youtu.be/VAKWO-Sp6IE

Lets gooooooo!
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 11:48 AM   #2728
vh2k
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If you think TPG was lacking horological credibility, then prepare yourself for this..
The executives at Watchfinder, Watchbox, etc. have to be perplexed and astonished that hundreds of these 20-something high school dropout flex watch dealers are their “peers” in the luxury timepiece retail market in which they have spent years and years investing.
vh2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2021, 12:09 PM   #2729
Bladeshot
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT 1675 PCG Gilt
Quote:
Yes, but the other half don’t see it that way at all…

I’m learning about this segment of the culture to understand why things happen they way they are ….

Fullsend
An action where the consequences are not thought through. A Full Sender gives no f#@$ about what might happen after the Send, as long as the Send is hype and there are cameras rolling.

These individuals see nothing but positive from the TPG shenanigans.

Further examples of this can be seen in the video posted by TimePiece Traders, essentially another gray market “company” who specializes in supplying they hypest TPT RM references possible.

https://youtu.be/VAKWO-Sp6IE

Lets gooooooo!

You said it. Prestige Worldwide.

Clowns. Rap music, pretending to be ballers (I mean all of them in that video). The “YouTube star” they feature is known for doing dares and drinking heavily. People watch that crap to see a train wreck. No one will miss him when he’s gone. The Star’s net worth is a couple million. That is the epitome of the DBs we see crash and burn after blowing what little money they had, while they party. Oh well. Party on!
Old 24 July 2021, 12:15 PM   #2730
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
Per Anthony in the most recent video, “...we are not content creators. We are a watch business...”

Ok, then, they want to move forward and learn from their mistakes. We shall see...

I still enjoy watching their videos, drama, no drama, or whatever. Very entertaining.
If that was true why are they saying it in a YouTube video and not writing it on their business website?

zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote