The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 8 September 2016, 11:56 PM   #1
Desibaba
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub,Pam90,SA2
Why does Panerai needs servicing way more often than Rolex?

I noticed on my Pam 90 it says I should get it serviced every 2 years. The Rolex Submariner has a much longer time spread until servicing is required. How come?
Desibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2016, 06:33 AM   #2
stockae92
"TRF" Member

Never heard of it, or care for it.

I will do my usual service interval, 10 yr or something goes wrong, which ever comes first. :D
stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2016, 06:45 AM   #3
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Huh?
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2016, 07:12 AM   #4
vintageguy
"TRF" Member

my local Rolex trained watch maker say that with modern lubricants, don't worry about
servicing your watch until it stops running.
vintageguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2016, 07:12 AM   #5
nick c
Banned

I own my Pam 000 since 2006 and never serviced.
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2016, 07:17 AM   #6
Desibaba
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub,Pam90,SA2
I read the manual that came with my Pam 90. They say service every 2 years.

Copy/Paste

Panerai watches are produced to very high standards of quality. It is worth remembering that the mechanical parts run 24 hours a day when used, so the watch must undergo regular maintenance to ensure long life and good operation.

WATER-RESISTANCE

Have watch checked periodically for water-resistance by an Authorized Panerai Service Centre and renovate it every two years with regular servicing, or whenever the watch has to be opened. The restoration of water-resistance necessarily involves replacing the seals in order to ensure the maximum water resistance and protection. Where the watch is used in underwater sports activities, it is recommended that it should be checked every year before the underwater activities begin.

THE MOVEMENT

Have the movement of watch checked periodically by an Authorized Panerai Service Centre in order to preserve its perfect operation. If the watch has a tendency to gain or lose time to a significant degree, the movement may need to be overhauled. The movements are designed to withstand temperature variations between -10°C and +60°C (14°F and 140°F). Outside this range of temperatures, operational variations exceeding those set out in the specifications of the movement may be noticed. In addition, there is a risk that the lubricants contained in the movement may deteriorate, resulting in damage to some of its parts.

CLEANING THE EXTERIOR

To keep the exterior in perfect condition, we recommend washing Panerai watch with soap and warm water, using a soft brush. After this operation, and also after immersion in the sea or a swimming pool, carefully rinse the watch with fresh water. All Panerai watches can be cleaned with a soft, dry cloth.

THE STRAP

Panerai straps must be washed in warm water and left to dry. It is important not to dry them on a hot surface or expose them to direct sunlight, because the rapid evaporation of the water could damage their shape and quality. After each immersion in the sea or a swimming pool, carefully rinse the strap with fresh water. It is recommended that the strap and the buckle should be replaced by an Authorized Distributor or a Panerai Service Centre, in order to avoid any problems caused by incorrect replacement. Only an Authorized Distributor or Panerai Service Centre can guarantee the use of genuine Panerai straps, properly designed to fit the dimensions of the case and manufactured according to the quality standards of the brand. All alligator leather used by Officine Panerai comes from farms in Louisiana, USA. Officine Panerai’s suppliers have committed to the highest standard of responsibility and have given their assurance that such farms in Louisiana contribute to the stable growth of wild alligators, thus protecting this endangered species. Panerai does not use leather coming from endangered species taken from the wild.

http://www.panerai.com/en-us/collect..._pam00090.html
Desibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2016, 12:45 PM   #7
fullcourt
"TRF" Member

Watch: panerai
wear it and enjoy....it's only 'recommended'

chgo_risti on IG
fullcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2016, 01:26 PM   #8
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

They want their annuity, don't give it to them
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2016, 01:36 PM   #9
T. Ferguson
"TRF" Member

I read that as though the two year interval is in regard to assuring WR. I so, that's not a bad idea.
Old 10 September 2016, 06:30 PM   #10
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Seems poorly written.... No way the watch needs, and no way could OP seriously suggest, a servicing every two years. The 90 has a workhorse modified ETA movement with a long and reliable history.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote