The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 21 June 2019, 05:15 AM   #1
subcsteve
"TRF" Member

Aurum Holdings in the UK

I decided to walk between meetings today in London and so popped into goldsmiths and then watches of switzerland in the city. I'm after a bluesy and after much eye rolling by the staff they both offered to take my details. I explained that I have registered my interest in the Goldsmiths closest to me (I have purchased an exp and DJ do far this year from them) so no point adding me to their list....just seeing if I could get lucky for once ;)

They then both said that group are now flagging up anyone who registers at multiple stores in their group and black listing them.

1st time I have heard this and both brought this up independently so does show some practices are in place to prevent straight to greys supply this way.

It feels as though two tone is now going the way of stainless as far as supply is concerned , crazy times.
subcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2019, 05:43 AM   #2
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subcsteve View Post
I decided to walk between meetings today in London and so popped into goldsmiths and then watches of switzerland in the city. I'm after a bluesy and after much eye rolling by the staff they both offered to take my details. I explained that I have registered my interest in the Goldsmiths closest to me (I have purchased an exp and DJ do far this year from them) so no point adding me to their list....just seeing if I could get lucky for once ;)

They then both said that group are now flagging up anyone who registers at multiple stores in their group and black listing them.

1st time I have heard this and both brought this up independently so does show some practices are in place to prevent straight to greys supply this way.

It feels as though two tone is now going the way of stainless as far as supply is concerned , crazy times.
My AD is M&W and told me the same thing. It kind makes sense, as flippers will try this sort of thing, but then so will enthusiasts.

I’m not sure I believe it in any case. Or at least if it is Aurum policy they’re not very competent at enforcing it. I was after a BLNR a couple of years back, before I’d established an understanding with one of my local AD’s, so I put myself on several lists, including multiple Aurum ones. My local - now regular - AD came through for me in pretty short order and I promptly forgot about the other lists I was on. I’ve recently received emails from two other Aurum AD’s that I enquired at asking me if I wanted to be transferred to the 126710 list.
Old 21 June 2019, 05:47 AM   #3
Xtralarg
"TRF" Member

Ive been told by multiple AD's that this is the case, so just registering with 1 from that group is probably wise.

Re. the bluesy, I also believe that this is becoming harder to source due to the knock on effect from SS shortage. I was lucky to pick one up at mrsp recently.
Xtralarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2019, 06:10 AM   #4
Rogrmo
Banned

Quote:

The group is no longer under the name of Aurum Holdings, it is under Watches of Switzerland Group. I believe this is due to the company will be sold in the near future.
Rogrmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2019, 06:20 AM   #5
watchbowl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogrmo View Post
The group is no longer under the name of Aurum Holdings, it is under Watches of Switzerland Group. I believe this is due to the company will be sold in the near future.

It has just gone public on the LSE. Unlikely it will be going private again considering the CEO and CFO offloaded a load of shares this week.
watchbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2019, 06:21 AM   #6
rcambrid
"TRF" Member

Come to the US: Bluesy’s seem to be everywhere right now...
rcambrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2019, 06:22 AM   #7
Sam Philip
Banned

Quote:

That is correct, they have been doing it with Patek for some time now (Nautilus and Aquanauts). I mentioned this in Patek forum some time ago and an ignorant poster said it was another AD fairy tale
Sam Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2019, 06:30 AM   #8
Rogrmo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchbowl View Post
It has just gone public on the LSE. Unlikely it will be going private again considering the CEO and CFO offloaded a load of shares this week.
A company on LSE can still be bought, being on the LSE makes the company more attractive and on the world stage. watch this space.
Rogrmo is offline   Reply With Quote